Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconFanSince1970

Let's Take A Quick Look At The 2019 Roster

70 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2018 at 4:33 PM, Falcanuck said:

I would cut Alford and Reed. Re-sign Grady, Irvin and Wreh-Wilson. Draft the best DL that falls to us (lots of talent in the draft), followed by a guard or tackle in the 2nd. Sign K.J. Wright. 

How would everyone feel about bringing in Mark Ingram if /when Taco leaves???

He would add a differs dimension to the offense.....maybe the Alabama boys can talk him into it???

I'm probably going to cut RS, Reed, and Bosher. 

From there, I try to restructure Rocky and Trufants contracts. If neither budge, I say just cut Rocky since we really We need to shed some money out of the secondary and put it in Grady. 

Have to keep Vic and get a vet to help him and Takk to learn from. Taking Rashan Gary in the first and bringing back Irvin. Since we're keeping Vic, need to work on extending for less and dropping his number this year.

We cut RS and will be need a Guard for Levitre. I would look at Jawaun James & Mitch Morse, while bringing Garland back. Use Morse as a guard and Mack replacement/backup. 

Probably need to restructure Free at this point. I'm unsure about Coleman, but if we can get a cheap deal, I would bring him back.

In the event we had to cut Rocky, drafting a corner in the 2nd again and starting Oliver while bringing back Poole and Wilson will have to suffice. If we have the ability to go after Claiborne, then I would do that instead of drafting a corner early.

Try to bring back Tavecchio and let Bryant mentor him.

On 11/23/2018 at 8:10 PM, kiwifalcon said:

Don't need to cut Shelby he's on a one year deal.

70 nice post too man appreciate the time and effort.

Alot of information there.

Personally I think alot are playing for spots.I'd pin it and ask again in another month or 2 things will reveal themselves better then.

I think you give all the guys injured I'd keep for another year and see how that pans out.

Yes, hope the mods will pin this so we can refer to it as we head toward the off-season and beyond. It has just about every player that we'll be talking about.

26 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

I'm probably going to cut RS, Reed, and Bosher. 

From there, I try to restructure Rocky and Trufants contracts. If neither budge, I say just cut Rocky since we really We need to shed some money out of the secondary and put it in Grady. 

Have to keep Vic and get a vet to help him and Takk to learn from. Taking Rashan Gary in the first and bringing back Irvin. Since we're keeping Vic, need to work on extending for less and dropping his number this year.

We cut RS and will be need a Guard for Levitre. I would look at Jawaun James & Mitch Morse, while bringing Garland back. Use Morse as a guard and Mack replacement/backup. 

Probably need to restructure Free at this point. I'm unsure about Coleman, but if we can get a cheap deal, I would bring him back.

In the event we had to cut Rocky, drafting a corner in the 2nd again and starting Oliver while bringing back Poole and Wilson will have to suffice. If we have the ability to go after Claiborne, then I would do that instead of drafting a corner early.

Try to bring back Tavecchio and let Bryant mentor him.

Agreed with most here, but Poole is going to be replaced by Kazee with Allen back to safety. Tufant, Oliver and Kazee is a good corner selection on paper. 

It is going to be interesting to see what happens with Clowney

If he is free you have to wonder if he would be a target since we apparently we're interested in trading up for him in 14.

3 minutes ago, stizz said:

If Greedy Williams is available when we pick, it'll be tough passing him up -- no matter how much we need on the line.

True. Greedy is lights out. You can't pass up a guy like that. Especially with the play of Trufant and Alford so far this year.

stizz likes this

6 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

True. Greedy is lights out. You can't pass up a guy like that. Especially with the play of Trufant and Alford so far this year.

Dude is a fast Richard Sherman. We absolutely need that playmaking and swagger on that side of the ball.

FalconinPA likes this

3 minutes ago, stizz said:

Dude is a fast Richard Sherman. We absolutely need that playmaking and swagger on that side of the ball.

He won't be around for us to get him. He is expected to go 3 or 4 by most boards, but if he falls to us it's a no brainer

6 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

He won't be around for us to get him. He is expected to go 3 or 4 by most boards, but if he falls to us it's a no brainer

I think a team will reach on one of those QBs and this year has a ton of dline talent. He might be there if we're picking 8 or 9, but if we're 12-15 yeah he's way gone.

3 hours ago, fan since 1968 said:

I'd be thrilled to draft Greedy Williams if we had already taken care of our lines.

This is supposed to be a deep DT class.  I think it might be prudent to draft a big DT in the second round.  

The OL has to be rebuilt quickly.  I would slash and burn our OG personnel and go after one OR TWO top FA Offensive Guards.  That, more than anything else, will put this team back in the hunt for the Lombardi. 

Bargain basement shopping for OL's is not going to get it done.  We need OL's that are athletic enough to Zone block but, more importantly, we need interior OL's that are bullishly strong enough to impose their will.

FalconFanSince1970 and Vandy like this

It's still too early for me to get serious about offseason roster moves.  All I can say for right now is we cannot pay Beasley $12M.  If they can rescind the option, I'd tell him to cut a deal for half that (not sure he's worth that either) or kick rocks.  I'd cut Reed and leave Irvin in his place and go find a young guy.  Honestly I still believe this is a talented team and we've seen just how good they can be.  Maybe we need to concentrate on coaches who can really drill those fundamentals.  Seems like we got a lot of motivators in the lockeroom but not enough teachers, planners and enforcers.

PS: Schraeder sucks but his replacement proabably isn't on this team and decent tackles are harder to find than decent Guards and no way we are going to find 3-4 guys to replace the guys who aren't all that relaible right now (Schraeder, Garland, Schewitzer and Fusco)

Vandy likes this

There's still a lot of football left to be played, plus injury questions to be answered. At this point I'd go something like:

• CAP CUTS - Beasley, Shredder, Fusco, Reed and Ice Bryant to free up $27M and get to $54M. Use it to solidify both lines. Key to a Bowl
  • WALKERS - Teco, Levitre, Schaub, McClain, Hardy, Shelby, Wreh Wilson, Carter, Richards, Paulsen, Bethel, Sambrailo, Tandy, Beadles
  • EXTENSIONS - We need to push our key extensions to 2020. Julio, Debo, Dre and Hoop. Sorry but that's the cap state Dimi has us in
  • RE-SIGN- Jarrett, Irvin, Garland, Poole, Hall, Ish, Tavecchio and Means. Can get em with a $16M hit if we backload Grady. Leaves $38M
  • FREE AGENTS - Throw a $32M year one cap at Iupati, Saffold, James, Ford, Logan and Bridgewater if available. If not, similar players
  • DRAFT - We'll likely be drafting in the 11-15 range. The cream will be gone. Go BPA in every round at DE, DT, OG/C, OT, CB, LB, RB or TE
  • COACHING - Fire a few, improve in game adjustments, clock management and situational decisions. Change both schemes up a little. A lot

We could end up with a roster like this which would be an improvement:

• QB – Matt Ryan, Teddy Bridgewater
  • WR – Julio Jones, Mohamed Sanu, Calvin Ridley, Russell Gage, Marvin Hall
  • RB – Devonta Freeman, Ito Smith, Brian Hill, Ricky Ortiz, Draft Pick
  • TE – Austin Hooper, Eric Saubert, Draft Pick
  • OC – Alex Mack, Ben Garland
  • OG – Mike Iupati, Roger Saffold, Wes Schweitzer, Draft Pick
  • OT – Jake Matthews, Ja'Wuan James, Matt Gono, Draft Pick
  • DE – Dee Ford, Takkarist McKinley, Bruce Irvin, Steven Means, Draft Pick
  • DT – Grady Jarrett, Bennie Logan, Jack Crawford, Deadrin Senat, Draft Pick
  • LB – Deion Jones, De’Vondre Campbell, Foyesade Oluokun, Kemal Ishmael, Duke Riley, Draft Pick
  • CB – Desmond Trufant, Robert Alford, Isaiah Oliver, Brian Poole, Draft Pick
  • FS – Ricardo Allen, Damontae Kazee
  • SS – Keanu Neal, Sharrod Neasman
  • K – Giorgio Tavecchio
  • P – Matt Bosher
  • LS – Josh Harris

Vandy likes this

Just now, Vandy said:

DQ won’t do it unless Blank forces him to. But I would fire the DC immediately after season is over. 

He might. He fired Richard in mid-season. It paid off. At least take over the scheme design and playcalling.

Vandy likes this

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

He might. He fired Richard in mid-season. It paid off. At least take over the scheme design and playcalling.

It’s sure gonna be a fascinating offseason,  my friend. 

On 11/24/2018 at 9:18 PM, stizz said:

If Greedy Williams is available when we pick, it'll be tough passing him up -- no matter how much we need on the line.

We'll likely be drafting in the 11-15 group. Greedy will be long gone. We have too many holes to trade picks to move up for him. Right now most draft houses are projecting these guys to go in the Top 10, in no particular order:

• DE - Nick Bosa
  • DT - Ed Oliver
  • QB - Justin Herbert
  • CB - Greedy Williams
  • DE - Clelin Ferrell
  • QB - Drew Lock
  • OT - Greg Little
  • DT - Quinnen Williams
  • OT - Jonah Williams
  • WR - A.J. Brown

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We'll likely be drafting in the 11-15 group. Greedy will be long gone. We have too many holes to trade picks to move up for him. Right now most draft houses are projecting these guys will go in the Top 10, in no particular order:

• DE - Nick Bosa
  • DT - Ed Oliver
  • QB - Justin Herbert
  • CB - Greedy Williams
  • DE - Clelin Ferrell
  • QB - Drew Lock
  • OT - Greg Little
  • DT - Quinnen Williams
  • OT - Jonah Williams
  • WR - A.J. Brown

We're at #8 right now and we'll almost definitely lose next week. TB and CLE winning today and some favorable matchups next week and I think we'll continue to slide.

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

It’s sure gonna be a fascinating offseason,  my friend. 

It will be very interesting and quite pivotal. I mentioned that this spring. TATF said STFU you're old and stupid. I didn't see the injuries comin but I definitely saw the 2019 cap situation and our fast and fiscal OLine and DLine way before camp started. 

Vandy and falcons007 like this

36 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

There's still a lot of football left to be played, plus injury questions to be answered. At this point I'd go something like:

• CAP CUTS - Beasley, Shredder, Fusco, Reed and Ice Bryant to free up $27M and get to $54M. Use it to solidify both lines. Key to a Bowl
  • WALKERS - Teco, Levitre, Schaub, McClain, Hardy, Shelby, Wreh Wilson, Carter, Richards, Paulsen, Bethel, Sambrailo, Tandy, Beadles
  • EXTENSIONS - We need to push our key extensions to 2020. Julio, Debo, Dre and Hoop. Sorry but that's the cap state Dimi has us in
  • RE-SIGN- Jarrett, Irvin, Garland, Poole, Hall, Ish, Tavecchio and Means. Can get em with a $16M hit if we backload Grady. Leaves $38M
  • FREE AGENTS - Throw a $32M year one cap at Iupati, Saffold, James, Ford, Logan and Bridgewater if available. If not, similar players
  • DRAFT - We'll likely be drafting in the 11-15 range. The cream will be gone. Go BPA in every round at DE, DT, OG/C, OT, CB, LB, RB or TE
  • COACHING - Fire a few, improve in game adjustments, clock management and situational decisions. Change both schemes up a little. A lot

Could end up with a roster like this which should be an improvement:

• QB – Matt Ryan, Teddy Bridgewater
  • WR – Julio Jones, Mohamed Sanu, Calvin Ridley, Russell Gage, Marvin Hall
  • RB – Devonta Freeman, Ito Smith, Brian Hill, Ricky Ortiz, Draft Pick
  • TE – Austin Hooper, Eric Saubert, Draft Pick
  • OC – Alex Mack, Ben Garland
  • OG – Mike Iupati, Roger Saffold, Wes Schweitzer, Draft Pick
  • OT – Jake Matthews, Ja'Wuan James, Matt Gono, Draft Pick
  • DE – Dee Ford, Takkarist McKinley, Steven Means, Draft Pick, Draft Pick
  • DT – Grady Jarrett, Bennie Logan, Jack Crawford, Deadrin Senat, Draft Pick
  • LB – Deion Jones, De’Vondre Campbell, Foyesade Oluokun, Kemal Ishmael, Duke Riley, Draft Pick
  • CB – Desmond Trufant, Robert Alford, Isaiah Oliver, Brian Poole, Draft Pick
  • FS – Ricardo Allen, Damontae Kazee
  • SS – Keanu Neal, Sharrod Neasman
  • K – Giorgio Tavecchio
  • P – Matt Bosher
  • LS – Josh Harris

Why are people so intent on cutting Bryant? Dude is one of the clutchest players in the league. If you want to make a ST cut to save money, get rid of Bosher.

Alford is pretty much a goner as well.