Hard Facts

atljbo

Injuries  Man

I got killed early in the season for feeling like the year was over because we lost our 3 key defenders…  Those guys changed the momentum  in games in different ways….. Ricardo Allen Leadership, sure tackling, reading plays and helping the D know whats coming next, and most of all stopping teams from beating us deep.  Kazee is a ball hawk we need on the fireld… At the same time he has given up the deep ball, missed some tackles, and just doesn’t have that knowledge of a Rico right now.

Then with Debo and Neal you loss some important stuff man starting with guys who attack the LOS…. Deion Jones  and Neal would shoot the game and get tackles for loss… So instead of 2nd and 5 or 6… It would be 2nd and 12 … That’s HUGE man….That gets teams out of a lot of 3rd and longs (pass rushing op) .. I feel like them guys not playing has shown what other players or more complimentary pieces…. I like some De’vondre Campbell but he is a nutrual type LB… He makes the play when it comes to him… The problem is when it gets to him. Its 3 years down the field…. We are missing the way Jones and Neal attacked the LOS….

We also lost turnover op with these guys out and that’s from a D even at its best does not create a lot of turnovers…..With Neal you lose one of the top  SS in the game…. The guy set a NFL record for the most forced fumbles in his first 2 years….. Those are turnover op.

Then you lose your  probowl  RB and your 2 starting guards…..

Whats next

People who are talking about blowing up the team is o ver reacting…. Look at this as a chance to build a stronger better team…  We should have a top 10 pic in a deep DLine and O-Line  draft class… We also walk into the offseason with some money and a chance to create more cap if needed… The Freeagent D-Line class doesn’t look bad either.

We must start putting resources in the O-Line… Dree Brees is protected by 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder, and a 3rd rounder….

We have to start investing YOUNG TALENT in the O-line…  So far Jake Matthews is the only young talent of the future that we have so far …. Mack is here and even tho he is not what he was… He is one of the better Centers…. We need to fortify the Guards position… We need some horses that can get a push in 3rd and shorts…. ryan schraeder is another issue… In 2 years the guy has went from one of the better RT to a liability.

We have to decide what to do at CB…… With Tru contract he will be here atleast  1 more year unless he step up like the old tru …. Alford is interesting …. Do you let Oliver play and get that 7-8 mil of cap space and use that towards signing an impactful Dlineman

We are going into the offseason with high draftpicks, extra 4th and 5th round picks…. We have some cap sace to do something if needed…. We just need our guys to get healthy and a good offseason for us to be right back in the hunt,

This is a very very important offseason for DQ, Thomas Dimitroff, and this organization as a whole to get better and restock.

Combinations I been saying it for weeks.

Players get comfortable playing alongside other guys and are more effective.

No one would have picked our corners play dropping off the cliff like it has.Add that to what the injuries produce also.

Im in agreement though losing Debo Neal and Rico in the space of 3 weeks basically killed this season off.

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

No one would have picked our corners play dropping off the cliff like it has.Add that to what the injuries produce also.

Im in agreement though losing Debo Neal and Rico in the space of 3 weeks basically killed this season off.

QFT

the psyche of the corners had to change immediately when losing both safeties.. Rico was known for never giving up the big play.. that was huge for the corners knowing that.. HUGE

5 minutes ago, FalconsForever1990 said:

The only thing with Quinn is time management. Hes not getting fired.

Who said anything about firing DQ ? He has bigger problems than time management. No discipline, no attention to detail and so on. Talking about his deficiencies doesn’t mean he should fired.

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Those 3 covered up a lot of weak spots in our defense. We may go 2-4  to finish out this season. I think Tampa is the only team left on the schedule we are capable of beating. 

Great post.

Agreed 100%.

The fact is we could’ve E A S I L Y beaten the Saints twice had we done just a little better in ATL and not said “nah here is the ball we don’t want to score” 3 times in the RZ while giving Brees a short RZ drive from the INT.

Should’ve beat the Eagles, Cincy, and Cowboys, but lost on the last play in those as well.

4 games on THE FINAL PLAY turned out as losses. Change nothing but those 4 plays. Easily 8-3 right now. Not changing anything else.

All with the major injuries.

And some of y’all don’t want to retool with the opportunity to pick higher in the draft; with plenty of picks this year?

Some of y’all seriously want to blow it up in the later stages of Matt and Julio’s prime?

Those of you don’t get it.

Guys like @atljbo get it.

We have a good 2 year window still even without the potential amazing draft picks we don’t even know we might land this offseason and the following one. If we land those drafts that window stays wide open as long as Matt Ryan is here.

Meanwhile, that Saints team y’all so butthurt over being swept by has a turrible draft coming next year with how few picks they got.

Atlanta hung with them in both games and beat itself. All with more than 1/4 starters on IR. Foundational pieces at that.

Now isn’t the time to blow it up. Now is the time to regroup. Scout like a mother. Game plan the cap and re-signings. Get some dudes back healthy on top of it and we got a heck of a chance to have a HECK of a team next year.

The darkest is before the dawn.

All storms pass. A new day will rise. What remains can be battle tested and stronger than before after having been through the fire.

3 hours ago, atljbo said:

People who are talking about blowing up the team is over reacting…. Look at this as a chance to build a stronger better team…  We should have a top 10 pic in a deep DLine and O-Line  draft class…

We must start putting resources in the O-Line… Dree Brees is protected by 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder, and a 3rd rounder….

Actually the fact the O-line class is deep presents a problem. I can 100% see TD and DQ thinking the draft is deep in this area, so they wont use a top pick on the most sure-fire O-linemen that might be available. They will wait... and then while waiting, some team they didn't think was going for an O-lineman will snag one they hoped to get... then with him no longer available, they will just wait until the 4th round and choose a project or at least what might be a bit of a reach. 

i have lost faith in TD & co putting a strong enough emphasis on the O-line to keep the scenario above from coming true.

5 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Actually the fact the O-line class is deep presents a problem. I can 100% see TD and DQ thinking the draft is deep in this area, so they wont use a top pick on the most sure-fire O-linemen that might be available. They will wait... and then while waiting, some team they didn't think was going for an O-lineman will snag one they hoped to get... then with him no longer available, they will just wait until the 4th round and choose a project or at least what might be a bit of a reach. 

i have lost faith in TD & co putting a strong enough emphasis on the O-line to keep the scenario above from coming true.

This is a great point. They have done this before re:Senat. Now the picks can be good, but I agree with your assessment on how they may view any given draft. 

Just now, TheUsualStuff said:

When I say deep.. I mean you can get good lineman in the first 3 rounds..   I stud type potential on the DLine (especially in the inside) ..  The O-Line.. I dint sew many   STUD guys but I see good lineman tgat fits our zone scheme that can be had in the first 3 rounds...

Ju st bring honest... I don't know anytime goin into the last day of the draft (4th roubd snd back) thinking I'm drafting this guy to come in and start day 1 ....

I just feel like because we run a zone scheme we've been thinking we can just find guys to play beside mack and matthews...  It's time to start to invest in the line

7 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Picking a lineman early is often a recipe for disaster.

take 2014 for example...Matthews has been worth his pick...but the first lineman taken that year was Greg  Robinson who is a complete bust.

5 minutes ago, atljbo said:

When I say deep.. I mean you can get good lineman in the first 3 rounds..   I stud type potential on the DLine (especially in the inside) ..  The O-Line.. I dint sew many   STUD guys but I see good lineman tgat fits our zone scheme that can be had in the first 3 rounds...

Ju st bring honest... I don't know anytime goin into the last day of the draft (4th roubd snd back) thinking I'm drafting this guy to come in and start day 1 ....

I just feel like because we run a zone scheme we've been thinking we can just find guys to play beside mack and matthews...  It's time to start to invest in the line

There are some studs on the D line this year... which is more priority OG or DT?

2 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

This is a great point. They have done this before re:Senat. Now the picks can be good, but I agree with your assessment on how they may view any given draft. 

I think that was a lil different tho ... it was tavon bryan or bust in the first round at our draft position... After him the rest of the guys are run stoppers in the same group....

I also see a 3rd round pick as a early round investment... It's a day 2 pick