Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A-TowN.-

PFF Oline Rankings

87 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Except those two and may be Garland, the others are forgettable.

What you fail to realize is few OL have players the caliber of Mack and Matthews. 

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

PFF is a joke and no doubt that you use it. 

See this thread:

Also PFF ranked us #3 after week one. 

Not as big a Joke as you guys claiming we have one of worst OL’s in NFL. 

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Vandy said:

What you fail to realize is few OL have players the caliber of Mack and Matthews. 

I agree with you but the drop off is big after those two. Garland has improved though. Wes and Shraeder regressed.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

I agree with you but the drop off is big after those two. Garland has improved though. Wes and Shraeder regressed.

Agree on Schraeder, not sure what’s going on with him. Maybe an undisclosed injury? 

we’ll address the gaps this offseason both in draft and in FA. 

Flying Falcon and falcons007 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Agree on Schraeder, not sure what’s going on with him. Maybe an undisclosed injury? 

we’ll address the gaps this offseason both in draft and in FA. 

He hasn't been the same since the concussion

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Agree on Schraeder, not sure what’s going on with him. Maybe an undisclosed injury? 

we’ll address the gaps this offseason both in draft and in FA. 

Yeah Falcons need to replace Levitre, RT and I am not sold on Fusco either.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Vandy said:

@Peyton was the ringleader of that false narrative.

 I just had some idiot on Facebook try and downplay Freeman and just bring up one play( in the superbowl) as to why his injury really does not affect the offense

Flying Falcon and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Lornoth said:

This is why I've never been on the "Cut Free and start Teco" train. Teco has all the measurables you could want but his vision still isn't there. They always say a great OL can make a bad RB look good, but a bad RB showing can make any line look like trash.

Coleman has horrible vision, horrible balance, and doesn't break ANY tackles. But since he has better top end speed he's better than Freeman? smh.  I always knew Coleman benefitted from being a change of pace. He'll never be a competent lead back. His speed saves him but his vision is just a notch or two over Trent Richardson. I remember watching a pre game show before one of the previous games and Coleman was ranked 2nd to dead last in yards after contact.

Vandy and Flying Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Not as big a Joke as you guys claiming we have one of worst OL’s in NFL. 

Yet M Ryan has the 3rd most sacks in the NFL at 33.  Sounds like one of the worst to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, etherdome said:

Exactly correct.  Freeman's vision and agility are terribly under rated.  He often changes direction and shifts fields to gain yardage where there was none to be had.  This OL is pathetic (as a whole).  We must improve the personnel at three positions, or we will completely waste a lot of playmaking talent.  

Exactly. Freeman consistently turned nothing into something for us. As soon as Coleman gets touched down he goes, and don't even get me started on all the times a lane was right there and Tevin tripped over casper the friendly ghost

Flying Falcon and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

 I just had some idiot on Facebook try and downplay Freeman and just bring up one play( in the superbowl) as to why his injury really does not affect the offense

Peeps Still pizzed about how he and his agent went about getting his contract. 

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

Yet M Ryan has the 3rd most sacks in the NFL at 33.  Sounds like one of the worst to me. 

Some of that is on OL, Some of that is on WRers not getting open. Some of that is on play calls. And god forbid, some of that is on the QB. 

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Some of that is on OL, Some of that is on WRers not getting open. Some of that is on play calls. And god forbid, some of that is on the QB. 

Then you got elite olines where qbs like Brees and Luck only has 10 sacks, P RIvers and Big Ben with only 14 sacks.  Oline is a big problem for this team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dawgsjw said:

Then you got elite olines where qbs like Brees and Luck only has 10 sacks, P RIvers and Big Ben with only 14 sacks.  Oline is a big problem for this team. 

Coaching is a bigger problem. RBs not hitting the holes with vision are a bigger problem. Lack of DL putting QB pressures are bigger problem. Poor tacking by LBers and overall poor secondary play are bigger problems. 

OL needs some work, but other areas of this team are bigger problems.

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, etherdome said:

Exactly correct.  Freeman's vision and agility are terribly under rated.  He often changes direction and shifts fields to gain yardage where there was none to be had.  This OL is pathetic (as a whole).  We must improve the personnel at three positions, or we will completely waste a lot of playmaking talent.  

There not under rated at all it's just some  fans are to stupid and only watch hIghlights and don't actually watch the game or no what there watching.

Vandy and falconsd56 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Coaching is a bigger problem. RBs not hitting the holes with vision are a bigger problem. Lack of DL putting QB pressures are bigger problem. Poor tacking by LBers and overall poor secondary play are bigger problems. 

OL needs some work, but other areas of this team are bigger problems.

If his vision is so bad why dont they bring other backs in? Its been a revolving door with offensive linemen.  Im riding with Jake, been on that wagon for a while. Mack is the man as well i think he has to help so much on both sides. The rest are replaceable. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, red falcon said:

If his vision is so bad why dont they bring other backs in? Its been a revolving door with offensive linemen.  Im riding with Jake, been on that wagon for a while. Mack is the man as well i think he has to help so much on both sides. The rest are replaceable. 

Like who? They hoped Teco + Ito would get it done, but that’s proven to be false hope as neither back are anywhere close to a healthy freeman. 

On OL, yes the rest are replaceable, but that’s not the reality of NFL. You only get so many draft picks and cap space for FA.

Need to either get freeman healthy or address RB in 2nd-3rd Rd of next year’s draft. With obvious needs at OL/DL we better all hope freeman can get back to 100%. This offense isn’t close to the same without him.

 

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vandy said:

Like who? They hoped Teco + Ito would get it done, but that’s proven to be false hope as neither back are anywhere close to a healthy freeman. 

Need to either get freeman healthy or address RB in 2nd-3rd Rd of next year’s draft. With obvious needs at OL/DL we better all hope freeman can get back to 100%. This offense isn’t close to the same without him.

 

I hope he gets to 100 percent.  We need something drastic to happen because these last couple of games we have sputtered offensively . Granted we cant stop anyone due to injuries.  Wish we could fast forward to the draft and offseason. Really want to see how things transpire .

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, red falcon said:

I hope he gets to 100 percent.  We need something drastic to happen because these last couple of games we have sputtered offensively . Granted we cant stop anyone due to injuries.  Wish we could fast forward to the draft and offseason. Really want to see how things transpire .

It will be an interesting offseason, my man.

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:44 AM, Vandy said:

@Peyton was the ringleader of that false narrative.

This is fiction.   I said the evidence was that the offense could succeed without him. I am unsure if it pleasures you to twist words or if you simply struggle with reading comprehension.  It's all good though. .

When I suggested the Falcons should have run QB sneaks on the goal line at Cleveland, you giddily posted something about Freeman being missed.

But the last time Freeman got a chance to run from the 1 yard line was last year against the Saints, and he got two different chances to do it.

The first time he got hit in and fumbled the ball, and the second time he got stuffed for no gain on 4th down.  Two Freeman carries inside the 1, two turnovers. The running game is a function of a lot more than a RB.

Give me a break with this Freeman stuff man. Why obsess over a player who can't play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Peyton said:

This is fiction.   I said the evidence was that the offense could succeed without him. I am unsure if it pleasures you to twist words or if you simply struggle with reading comprehension.  It's all good though. .

When I suggested the Falcons should have run QB sneaks on the goal line at Cleveland, you giddily posted something about Freeman being missed.

But the last time Freeman got a chance to run from the 1 yard line was last year against the Saints, and he got two different chances to do it.

The first time he got hit in and fumbled the ball, and the second time he got stuffed for no gain on 4th down.  Two Freeman carries inside the 1, two turnovers. The running game is a function of a lot more than a RB.

Give me a break with this Freeman stuff man. Why obsess over a player who can't play?

It’s not fiction, it’s 100% true. You and I had a heated debate about it. You got cocky because we beat some bad teams and started posting that nonsense. You’ve had some burr up your butt about freeman getting paid for some time now, just as you did about Julio last offseason. 

You were wrong on many levels, Falcons miss a healthy freeman terribly. Worst running game in NFL, having to pass nearly every down which allows opponents to just tee off on Ryan. A good running game also would help keep our Bad D off the field. I could go on and on, but this season proves it all out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vandy said:

It’s not fiction, it’s 100% true. You and I had a heated debate about it. You got cocky because we beat some bad teams and started posting that nonsense. You’ve had some burr up your butt about freeman getting paid for some time now, just as you did about Julio last offseason. 

You were wrong on many levels, Falcons miss a healthy freeman terribly. Worst running game in NFL, having to pass nearly every down which allows opponents to just tee off on Ryan. A good running game also would help keep our Bad D off the field. I could go on and on, but this season proves it all out. 

I guess it is reading comprehension then.

Like I said before, the last time the Falcons played the Saints, Freeman fumbled the ball on the 1 yard line and got stuffed on 4th and 1 on another drive.  He had 11 carries for 36 yards in the game.

Is 11 carries for 36 yards with a fumble on the 1 and a stuff on 4th and goal from the 1, is that markedly different than what we got this week?

No...not really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites