Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A-TowN.-

PFF Oline Rankings

87 posts in this topic

These are our starting OL rankings for the year so far.

1z36lbs.jpg

For reference...

- Jake Matthews is ranked the 9th best overall lineman this year.

- Alex Mack is ranked 28th.

- Ben Garland is ranked 76th.

- Ryan Schraeder is ranked 97th.

- Wes Schweitzer is ranked 113th.

- Brandon Fusco is ranked 127th.

- Andy Levitre is ranked 148th.

Our Oline has been an issue for years, and it isn't getting any better. Enough of the bargain bin FA acquisitions and the mid round hopefuls. We need starter quality.

Having a quick look at those numbers if we are going to run we should be running right behind Garland Mack and Schraeder there run blocking grades aren't to bad.

I wonder how much of an issue Teco being a left handed carry effects which way we run the ball?

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I'm sorry, but after last night we don't even look like we are in the top 15. I suppose there are worse OL than ours though. 

Breakdown of that...

15th ranked pass blocking OL & 7th ranked run block OL.

Feels much worse than that though.

5 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

I'm sorry, but after last night we don't even look like we are in the top 15. I suppose there are worse OL than ours though. 

Breakdown of that...

15th ranked pass blocking OL & 7th ranked run block OL.

Feels much worse than that though.

Agree they were awful last night. I would also agree they’re not Top 11 like PFF had them at. 

But for year, they’ve been very league average, no where near as bad as board’s proclaimation they’ve  been among worst in NFL. 

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Agree they were awful last night. I would also agree they’re not Top 11 like PFF had them at. 

But for year, they’ve been very league average, no where near as bad as board’s proclaimation they’ve  been among worst in NFL. 

I still believe they need to be upgraded though. Specifically Schweitzer and Schraeder. 

I really want us to take a look at Dalton Risner, OL Kansas State this year.

Oh and don't even get me started on the DL. They look like they have given up.

Vandy likes this

Just now, A-TowN.- said:

I still believe they need to be upgraded though. Specifically Schweitzer and Schraeder. 

I really want us to take a look at Dalton Risner, OL Kansas State this year.

Oh and don't even get me started on the DL. They look like they have given up.

Can’t argue against any of that.

A-TowN.- likes this

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

They have been one of the worst on road  Vandy. It’s not even close. The OL has been much better at home.

Schwarzwald likes this

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

They have been one of the worst on road  Vandy. It’s not even close. The OL has been much better at home.

I've heard Michael Lombardi say that poor lines don't travel well.

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

That’s overstated. They played well against a good redskins DL on the road. 

4 minutes ago, fan since 1968 said:

I've heard Michael Lombardi say that poor lines don't travel well.

Lombardi says a lot of stupid things. 

RS with 7 sacks allowed and still starting. For the love of god at some point you have to bench his *** and try someone else. Might as well see what we have in gano and sambrailo the remainder of the year before the turnstile gets Ryan on IR.. 

anyone still supporting ryan schraeder should be banned. Dude single handedly ruins 2-3 drives a game

17 minutes ago, Vandy said:

That’s overstated. They played well against a good redskins DL on the road. 

Lombardi says a lot of stupid things. 

Im starting to think the Skins did the same thing we did with the Browns and underestimated us, the blueprint is out on the falcons oline, just be aggressive, the line doesn't handle it well, most blitzes have a defender coming clean,our guys consistently lose 1 on 1s.

I truly belive that if we had the talent on our oline that NO had last night even against Cam Jordan and Rankins and the Blitzes Ryan lights up the scoreboard....its ridiculous for us to be so middling at Oline, **** both lines for so long.

vitaman likes this

4 minutes ago, thajames said:

Im starting to think the Skins did the same thing we did with the Browns and underestimated us, the blueprint is out on the falcons oline, just be aggressive, the line doesn't handle it well, most blitzes have a defender coming clean,our guys consistently lose 1 on 1s.

I truly belive that if we had the talent on our oline that NO had last night even against Cam Jordan and Rankins and the Blitzes Ryan lights up the scoreboard....its ridiculous for us to be so middling at Oline, **** both lines for so long.

Bigger issue are our RBs, they’ve been awful.

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Bigger issue are our RBs, they’ve been awful.

Absolutely.

There have been holes that they have missed

There have been occasions where if they could make one man miss them they would have had big runs

the blocking has been a struggle but good running games are built on the backs and then line reading things the same way

Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Absolutely.

There have been occasions where if they could make one man miss them they would have had big runs

the blocking has been a struggle but good running games are built on the backs and then line reading things the same way

On Tevin’s 5 yard loss in the red zone he could’ve easily cut up to the right of Mathews and possibly gained yardage. It’s been frustrating all across the board. 

falconsd56 and Vandy like this

24 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Pff is garbage

Especially when it comes to OLines. They consistently rank **** players well and decent players like trash. 

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Absolutely.

Correct. Even last night when our OL was getting their teeth kicked in, positive yardage was there if Coleman would have just cut it inside on those sideline sweeps.

Flying Falcon likes this

6 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

On Tevin’s 5 yard loss in the red zone he could’ve easily cut up to the right of Mathews and possibly gained yardage. It’s been frustrating all across the board. 

Yup

it's like the reverse to Hall vs the cowboys....had he just cut inside he may still be running....just a bad read to try and bounce it outside and he ran ...literally ran into the defender

Vandy likes this

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Correct. Even last night when our OL was getting their teeth kicked in, positive yardage was there if Coleman would have just cut it inside on those sideline sweeps.

This is why I've never been on the "Cut Free and start Teco" train. Teco has all the measurables you could want but his vision still isn't there. They always say a great OL can make a bad RB look good, but a bad RB showing can make any line look like trash.

Flying Falcon, falconsd56 and Vandy like this