Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dothan_birdman

Last nights embarrassment showed something

42 posts in this topic

This is a multi level problem. Questionable coaching calls, predictable play selection, and poor time management do point to those running the team. But these are also PROFESSIONAL athletes. These are grown men who are athletically special (compared to most of us). They are accountable for their poor performance and how it affects the rest of the team. Matt can’t do his thing if his line doesn’t do theirs. The D line has to be put in a position to succeed by the coach but they ALSO have to do their job and tackle and fight to the ball. Last night I didn’t see any fire. 

This team needs a lot of changes. Blaming one or two people or just a coach is meaningless. There needs to be accountability, and an honest evaluation of who is a contributing factor and who is not. At all levels. 

Personally, I see new DC and ST C as priority. It’s hard for me to evaluate Sark fairly when he is clearly limited by poor line play and drops. The D has been meh at best and  ST has been weak for awhile. 

FA on the O and draft big meanies for the Dline. That’s a good start, IMO. 

Edited by dothan_birdman

3 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

The most frustrating part to me are the drops and fumbles by our self-proclaimed "best WR corps in the league". Well, our shiny hood ornaments were outplayed by a bunch of Saints rookie free agents last night.

Well, the Saints were facing the Falcons defense and those rookie free agents were WIDE OPEN. While Lattimore (a very good CB) was covering Ridley and 3 guys were on Julio.

No running game, porous pass blocking, plus the need to score 30+ because the defense is overmatched.  All adds up to a tough situation to solve for anyone.  The coaching could've been better.  We could've received the opening kickoff, and we could've decided to stop trying to run the ball after having no success and going down by two scores.  But I'm not sure it's the coaches fault that Coleman is still chipping the wrong guys, that Matt is so hurried that he is not seeing the field, or that we have three star players fumbling in the red zone.   

Stryka and dothan_birdman like this

7 hours ago, dothan_birdman said:

This is a multi level problem. Questionable coaching calls, predictable play selection, and poor time management do point to those running the team. But these are also PROFESSIONAL athletes. These are grown men who are athletically special (compared to most of us). They are accountable for their poor performance and how it affects the rest of the team. Matt can’t do his thing if his line doesn’t do theirs. The D line has to be put in a position to succeed by the coach but they ALSO have to do their job and tackle and fight to the ball. Last night I didn’t see any fire. 

This team needs a lot of changes. Blaming one or two people or just a coach is meaningless. There needs to be accountability, and an honest evaluation of who is a contributing factor and who is not. At all levels. 

Personally, I see new DC and ST C as priority. It’s hard for me to evaluate Sark fairly when he is clearly limited by poor line play and drops. The D has been meh at best and  ST has been weak for awhile. 

Sark is fine. He'll be even better in year 3

7 hours ago, dothan_birdman said:

Showed me blank needs to target coach dungy for a hc or fo position no bs.. He helped Vick, maybe he's in the helping spirit after witnessing that sheet show called coaching

Edited by Dirtybird3
dothan_birdman likes this

but but we are fast and physical. 

Sorry we over rate a lot of our players, lol and coaches for that matter. Even with injuries they shouldnt be playing like a bottom third team defensively, yet here they are rivaling the Giants and Niners pathetic. Make fun of Marvin Lewis and the Bengals, lol ahead of us. 6/1 you let Freeman walk, hope you can keep Coleman but not at the expense of losing Sanu. Got to build up the OL and DL and LB's this draft and free agency. Wouldnt mind walking away from Trufant and or Alford too, they cost too much for what they actually are, which is average CB's at best. 

Personally Im so over Quinn and his high school rhetoric, I cant imagine pro athletes buying into it any longer either. His vanilla rush 3 drop 8 gets drilled by every semi veteran QB in the league, and only has success against an injury riddled OL. They rarely blitz giving the opposing QB a look through his progression every play. Atlanta opponents convert on 3rd down 51.8 % of the the time. 31 points a game from a defensive guru  LOL. And we want to believe its just injuries, LOL no guarantees injured players return to past form or if even past form is actually good enough. 

Just now, Malachore said:

If you say so. 

Is Ryan not putting up numbers comparable to 2016? 

I mean yea rushing is down.. but without 2 starting guards and our starting back, I mean.....

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

2 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

No..it's the Strength and Conditioning coaches fault for all the injuries. He needs to be fired!! Now! :ninja:

There’s a new one.. today.. :golfclap:

17 hours ago, dothan_birdman said:

Our OC is working with a lousy OL.  Predictable play calling comes from subpar talent along the OL.  When you can not run the ball or protect your QB, creative options are limited.     

We will not replace the DC.  Key injuries will be cited as the primary reason for defensive failures.  Instead, we need to add a defensive advisor (similar to Gregg Knapp's role on offense).  I agree that MM is not a defensive genius, but I don't think he is a dullard.    

Better tackling and better blocking will turn this team around quickly.  Find position coaches that can teach technique and instill discipline, or risk a repeat in disappointment.  

17 hours ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Well, the Saints were facing the Falcons defense and those rookie free agents were WIDE OPEN. While Lattimore (a very good CB) was covering Ridley and 3 guys were on Julio.

They weren't always wide open. They made some incredible catches on perfectly placed balls.

And tight coverage is no freaking excuse for a fumble.

15 hours ago, Club212 said:

Starts from the top...DQ...

Starts from the top...AB the owner .

New Corporate stadium with no home field advantage.

Too nice and gets too close to the coaches and players. When this happens it is hard to make the tough decisions both with coaches and players.  Goes down to the sidelines near the end of close games. Group hugs for everyone win or lose. 

Being too nice in a business can cloud your judgment making it difficult to cut ties when necessary. 

Results 

0 championships. 

Need a serious owner who wants to win and will not tolerate losing. 

Another wait until next year for the fans.

Edited by AvidFalconFan

19 minutes ago, AvidFalconFan said:

Too nice and gets too close to the coaches and players. When this happens it is hard to make the tough decisions both with coaches and players.  Goes down to the sidelines near the end of close games. Group hugs for everyone win or lose. 

Being too nice in a business can cloud your judgment making it difficult to cut ties when necessary. 

Results 

0 championships. 

I do admire the group hugs. Group hugs for everyone.

Edited by falconfreek123

11 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Last year to this year? 

12 pts vs Philly

16 pts vs Pitt

16 pts vs the Browns

19 pts vs Dallas

17 points vs Saints. 

He has gotten so much better right?  We will ignore these games and only look at the points we scored vs NO (game1) and vs CIN?  Is that how this works?

1 hour ago, AvidFalconFan said:

Results 

0 championships. 

Blank is loyal to a fault, and it will continue to bite him in the @ss.

7979 likes this

47 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

12 pts vs Philly

16 pts vs Pitt

16 pts vs the Browns

19 pts vs Dallas

17 points vs Saints. 

He has gotten so much better right?  We will ignore these games and only look at the points we scored vs NO (game1) and vs CIN?  Is that how this works?

Just using points and not total offense? Again is Ryan back to 2016 form without so much as a decent run game? Agenda much? 

Stryka likes this

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Just using points and not total offense? Again is Ryan back to 2016 form without so much as a decent run game? Agenda much? 

What other excuses you gonna make for Sark? Plus points is the only stat that really matters.  You don't win games with by gaining a lot of yards.  You win games by scoring.

Edited by dawgsjw