I think the issue is more our D coordinator than

mc

3 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Our issue starts with our front office refusing to stock the OL and DL with bigger stronger players. How many years have we watched our undersized OL and DL get pushed around?

While that can be effective, smaller guys who can control blocks works too.  The issue I see often with OL (especially with Schraeder) is not strength, it's being outmaneuvered with get-off, rips, spins and swims,  I do not see our guys being beaten a ton by bull rushes.   DL, yeah we could use another big body but we healthy-scratched our big body run defender (Senat) in favor of "pass rushers" which also seems to have included McClain who has made like three significant plays all season and got a clean-up sack courtesy of Takk.  Pass rush baffles me, the guys we got are athletic and save for Beasley got plenty of dog in them but just are ineffective for some reason.  Scheme should not matter a ton here.

29 minutes ago, mc said:

Anyone in our pass rush.

Who was DC when Beasley had 16 sacks?

Who was DC when we turned it around and aent to the SB?

Who keeps calling these stupid 3 man rushes?

Who keeps calling these stupid zone schemes?

We pretty much have to keep 8 back in coverage.  We miss D Jones very much

10 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

While that can be effective, smaller guys who can control blocks works too.  The issue I see often with OL (especially with Schraeder) is not strength, it's being outmaneuvered with get-off, rips, spins and swims,  I do not see our guys being beaten a ton by bull rushes.   DL, yeah we could use another big body but we healthy-scratched our big body run defender (Senat) in favor of "pass rushers" which also seems to have included McClain who has made like three significant plays all season and got a clean-up sack courtesy of Takk.  Pass rush baffles me, the guys we got are athletic and save for Beasley got plenty of dog in them but just are ineffective for some reason.  Scheme should not matter a ton here.

We've been trying the smaller faster guy routine for over a decade it doesnt work we need to try something else.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Quinn has final say on personnel

Amd it’s still Quinn’s system being used...

THIS.  Its more a system failure than anything.  Opposing offenses don't even bother to motion against the Falcons because the quarterback knows that when he sees the Falcons back in cover 3, cover 3 it is...:lol:

1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

The soft zones are lame as ****. Man up with your high paid corners and make them outwork you. That's what the Saints did last night and it absolutely throws timing off. 

The problem with that is we had guys open all night 

out receivers beat them one on one pretty consistently

we just had issues pass blocking and holding on to the ball

3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Our issue starts with our front office refusing to stock the OL and DL with bigger stronger players. How many years have we watched our undersized OL and DL get pushed around?

Too often when playing top opponents, our lines remind me of frame #2. It is not their fault, dynamic tension can only do so much.

4531752344_f28463ef59_b.jpg