Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconer89

We Can Hang With the Big Boys

60 posts in this topic

Hmmm I disagree. I saw a Saints team that didn't have to try to hard because the Falcons kept shooting themselves in the foot over and over.  That garbage time score makes it look a lot better than it was for us. But the score wasn't close and it was bad.  Payton and the boys didn't have to embarrass us and I'm sure they could've. We did it on our own. 

4 hours ago, Falconer89 said:

Saints didn't blow us out. It was self inflicted wounds. The sky isn't falling. We know we can compete with them.

Trying to be positive.

That's why we need a new QB.

this question has been answered repeatedly, especially the last few weeks. We can't run with the big boys, heck we can't even hang with the lesser ones....

2 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I don't see that at all. MJ12 was like the 7th WR taken in his draft, and it took him 5 seasons to match the yardage Calvin already has this season. MJ12 also never had more than 7 TDs in a season.

Oh okay.

2 hours ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

I'm sure other teams with WR needs would love to have this "mistake." He's had 3 big mistakes (running the wrong route against Redskins that resulted in an INT, causing an interception that went right through his hands against Dallas, fumbling at the goal line against NO but the game was already lost at that point). Besides that, he has been very good for a rookie WR. You can teach how to correct the mistakes, but you can't teach how mechanically gifted he is with the route running.

Well you're right!! But he has to get it right especially if were on this so called mission impossible of WIN NOW

4 hours ago, falcons357 said:

This team is bad with management issues that begins with Arthur Blank. We have coaches in key areas that lack the professional capability to enspire these guys to perform on the field. Football is all about outperforming your opponent mentally and physically. Not once have I seen Dan Quinn coach during the game and get involved. Sean Mcvay and Sean Peytin does this well. Quinn let's a no experience defensive and offensive coordinator coach during the game and he watches tape to find out why we failed "after the game".  If Arthur plans to keep Quinn, then he needs to hold him more accountable and let him hang himself. Coaching and practicing is not carrying over to actual games. They need to spend less time dancing and laughing in practice and get serious. However this has always been an issue not with just the team but the entire organization. We need to change the culture, the brotherhood was a start but it does not result in creating a culture where we do not reward guys for doing half *** work. It is a waste if talent to have Julio and Ridley on this team. We will not win a super bowl within the next 19 years until we go through another rebuilding phase with a new coaching staff that can teach technique. We cant even tackle and hold the ball long enough to not fumble. I learned that in junior high school. Please stop making excuses for this team, our team sucks, our owner sucks, at least 75% of our players suck. we need an offense coach that is forced to coach during games. We need Shannahan back. Shannahan can replace Quinn and Sark and we won't miss a beat. Change the culture, change the team.

How is Blank responsible for this? 

The Saints covered the spread without exerting much effort/energy to do so. A 13-point spread against their biggest rival, treating most of the game like it was preseason. Enough said.

Pay the Zebra likes this

1 hour ago, OldHippy said:

You all are missing the bigger picture...
We were SWEPT by the saints again

Oh no that's not lost on me at all. I posted in another thread last night that we're 1-3 vs the Saints in the last 4 games and I saw a stat on Twitter that they've swept us 7 times since 2006. Sure it's not fair to put that all on DQ but the overall h2h record that Falcons fans love to brag about will be gone soon if we don't get better against the Saints fast.  

5 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

For real. He was getting his new guys TDs and even letting Taysom Hill throw the ball. The Saints treated the Falcons like a preseason matchup and still dominated the game. 

Can't argue. Hope it gets better next year with Debo, Neal and Rico back...and maybe some other players gone.

5 hours ago, Falconer89 said:

How is Blank responsible for this? 

It's his team, if he doesnt make changes or force changes to be made by others, then that means he is ok with the excuses on why we suck. Top management is always responsible. 

"We Can Hang With The Big Boys" ---- uh, not this year, big boy! 
We've come close a few times, but injuries did us in a LOOONG time ago! 
Depth has been this team's un-doing since I can remember, really....and I'm a "lifer".  This year is no different. 
A few key injuries and we start to flounder, like a fish out of water!  Why?  Again, no depth. 
We had a chance to bolster our depth several times, before and during the year, and at key positions, but, we chose to stay with what we had.  Well, here's what we have now, and I don't like it!  But hey, "we'll get 'em next year" :rolleyes:  

I don't see the fire in Dan Quinn. 

I never see him chewing guys out on the sidelines when they need to get chewed out. 

Something is not right with that. 

21 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Hey if they didn't fumble the ball they would have scored a TD every time, right?

And if they would have stopped the Saints from scoring every time, they would have been in the game right?

And if they did a better job game planning Brees wouldn't have just tied Matt's MVP season record 13 TDs to different player's, right?

Yeah... just lying to themselves...

it really is just sad too see how some posters on this board act

20 hours ago, 81KJW said:

That's why we need a new QB.

You don’t think an adequate o-line could be the the answer. You also make the rb better that way. If we had Dallas o-line we would be hard to beat right now. 

On 11/23/2018 at 9:59 AM, BraveFalcon11 said:

Lol... Jake the mistake Roberts.... Jake the mistake plumber LOL..

dude is a rookie mistake and you know it. Rookie, veteran it doesn't matter! losses are losses mistakes are mistakes.. dude is a mistake and he causes losses plain and simple!

I'm trying to find how that means he's Micheal Jenkins 2.0 though 

On 11/23/2018 at 8:24 AM, Geneaut said:

Having JJ and Matt sort of always gives us a puncher's chance, but the our foundation is weak and it shows. I'll never say never but the door is slamming shut on us.

Actually it's opening up.  Once Ryan retires and we draft a rookie QB (all he has to be is above average), that's when we can really make a push for Superbowl.  The end of an era is just the beginning of another

On 11/23/2018 at 9:24 AM, Geneaut said:

Having JJ and Matt sort of always gives us a puncher's chance, but the our foundation is weak and it shows. I'll never say never but the door is slamming shut on us.

Ready for 2019