Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconer89

We Can Hang With the Big Boys

60 posts in this topic

Last night's game reminded me of a National Geographic documentary, actually two. The first one is where the Killer Whales roll up on the beach and snag a seal. They take turns tossing the seal up in the air, but ultimately let the seal go. The second one is where the Lion captures a baby gazelle and let's the cubs mess around with it, ultimately letting it go.

Payton was toying with the Falcons . . .

10 minutes ago, Falconer89 said:

Saints didn't blow us out. It was self inflicted wounds. The sky isn't falling. We know we can compete with them.

Trying to be positive.

LOL

tumblr_n4z186hVlA1qjuuqbo2_500.gif

Kevo likes this

1 minute ago, Pay the Zebra said:

The garbage TD polished the turd known as Thursday Night Football. 10 points scored when it mattered.

Did it look like the Saints were going all out to you on offense? Looked like they were playing to get back to T'giving dinner honestly. 

Saints didn’t even have to try hard.  They were probably waiting for the eventual fumble, botched snap, deflection for INT, the usual **** we always find ourselves getting into.

PokerSteve likes this

2 hours ago, Geneaut said:

Having JJ and Matt sort of always gives us a puncher's chance, but the our foundation is weak and it shows. I'll never say never but the door is slamming shut on us.

It's closed now the door is closed now

Kevo likes this

Just now, Dukeduke211 said:

Minus the three fumbles... We were in the game

Calvin Ridley has been a mistake waiting to happen for about 3 weeks now you know who he's starting to remind me of Michael Jenkins as much as I hate to say it that kid is starting to remind me of Michael Jenkins.. I swear smh

Jerz #Quinning and Kevo like this

The record and score says the Falcons can’t.

3 fumbles and we’re in that game?

Only 1 fumble was definitely going to be a TD.  The other could have ended up as FGs while the Saints scored TDS.

This is part of the problem.  Lying to ourselves thinking if it wasn’t for the fumbles they would have scored a TD each time.

2 hours ago, Big_L said:

Last night's game reminded me of a National Geographic documentary, actually two. The first one is where the Killer Whales roll up on the beach and snag a seal. They take turns tossing the seal up in the air, but ultimately let the seal go. The second one is where the Lion captures a baby gazelle and let's the cubs mess around with it, ultimately letting it go.

Payton was toying with the Falcons . . .

For real. He was getting his new guys TDs and even letting Taysom Hill throw the ball. The Saints treated the Falcons like a preseason matchup and still dominated the game. 

22 minutes ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

Calvin Ridley has been a mistake waiting to happen for about 3 weeks now you know who he's starting to remind me of Michael Jenkins as much as I hate to say it that kid is starting to remind me of Michael Jenkins.. I swear smh

He’s a goddam rookie. And has the most TDs of any rookie. He’s played incredibly well. 

4 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

He’s a goddam rookie. And has the most TDs of any rookie. He’s played incredibly well. 

Lol... Jake the mistake Roberts.... Jake the mistake plumber LOL..

dude is a rookie mistake and you know it. Rookie, veteran it doesn't matter! losses are losses mistakes are mistakes.. dude is a mistake and he causes losses plain and simple!

2 hours ago, Falconer89 said:

Saints didn't blow us out. It was self inflicted wounds. The sky isn't falling. We know we can compete with them.

Trying to be positive.

Umfortunately knowing they can compete with them this year is irrelevant since they won't play NO again until next year and who knows how diff these 2 will look then 

Kevo likes this

Your post did the opposite of what you wanted, this is not a good team. Stop sugar coating sh*t and blindly believing that everything is alright when its not. Acknowledge the problems and just admit we were a bad team this year but no, “we know can we compete with them”. We clearly cant hang with the “big boys” and the saints. They swept us , so at the end of the day. Thats all that matters

This team is bad with management issues that begins with Arthur Blank. We have coaches in key areas that lack the professional capability to enspire these guys to perform on the field. Football is all about outperforming your opponent mentally and physically. Not once have I seen Dan Quinn coach during the game and get involved. Sean Mcvay and Sean Peytin does this well. Quinn let's a no experience defensive and offensive coordinator coach during the game and he watches tape to find out why we failed "after the game".  If Arthur plans to keep Quinn, then he needs to hold him more accountable and let him hang himself. Coaching and practicing is not carrying over to actual games. They need to spend less time dancing and laughing in practice and get serious. However this has always been an issue not with just the team but the entire organization. We need to change the culture, the brotherhood was a start but it does not result in creating a culture where we do not reward guys for doing half *** work. It is a waste if talent to have Julio and Ridley on this team. We will not win a super bowl within the next 19 years until we go through another rebuilding phase with a new coaching staff that can teach technique. We cant even tackle and hold the ball long enough to not fumble. I learned that in junior high school. Please stop making excuses for this team, our team sucks, our owner sucks, at least 75% of our players suck. we need an offense coach that is forced to coach during games. We need Shannahan back. Shannahan can replace Quinn and Sark and we won't miss a beat. Change the culture, change the team.

Bagofbones64 likes this

1 hour ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

I don't see that at all. MJ12 was like the 7th WR taken in his draft, and it took him 5 seasons to match the yardage Calvin already has this season. MJ12 also never had more than 7 TDs in a season.

25 minutes ago, caponine said:

Your post did the opposite of what you wanted, this is not a good team. Stop sugar coating sh*t and blindly believing that everything is alright when its not. Acknowledge the problems and just admit we were a bad team this year but no, “we know can we compete with them”. We clearly cant hang with the “big boys” and the saints. They swept us , so at the end of the day. Thats all that matters

Hey if they didn't fumble the ball they would have scored a TD every time, right?

And if they would have stopped the Saints from scoring every time, they would have been in the game right?

And if they did a better job game planning Brees wouldn't have just tied Matt's MVP season record 13 TDs to different player's, right?

Yeah... just lying to themselves...

SaintsFanInLA likes this

4 minutes ago, falcons357 said:

This team is bad with management issues that begins with Arthur Blank. We have coaches in key areas that lack the professional capability to enspire these guys to perform on the field. Football is all about outperforming your opponent mentally and physically. Not once have I seen Dan Quinn coach during the game and get involved. Sean Mcvay and Sean Peytin does this well. Quinn let's a no experience defensive and offensive coordinator coach during the game and he watches tape to find out why we failed "after the game".  If Arthur plans to keep Quinn, then he needs to hold him more accountable and let him hang himself. Coaching and practicing is not carrying over to actual games. They need to spend less time dancing and laughing in practice and get serious. However this has always been an issue not with just the team but the entire organization. We need to change the culture, the brotherhood was a start but it does not result in creating a culture where we do not reward guys for doing half *** work. It is a waste if talent to have Julio and Ridley on this team. We will not win a super bowl within the next 19 years until we go through another rebuilding phase with a new coaching staff that can teach technique. We cant even tackle and hold the ball long enough to not fumble. I learned that in junior high school. Please stop making excuses for this team, our team sucks, our owner sucks, at least 75% of our players suck. we need an offense coach that is forced to coach during games. We need Shannahan back. Shannahan can replace Quinn and Sark and we won't miss a beat. Change the culture, change the team.

I mean 10 years not 19. lol

I saw nothing last night to encourage Falcon fans unless big changes are made.The Falcons hanging with the Aints was more due to the Aints having some critical flaws that could do them in come January.

falcons357 likes this

3 hours ago, Falconer89 said:

Trying to be positive.

They probably could have, but they just took what we gave them. Payton must have told his team that they control their own destiny, and they're playing against a team that has nothing to lose. He could have gone for it on 4th Down a few times, and probably would have gotten it. 

1 hour ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

Lol... Jake the mistake Roberts.... Jake the mistake plumber LOL..

dude is a rookie mistake and you know it. Rookie, veteran it doesn't matter! losses are losses mistakes are mistakes.. dude is a mistake and he causes losses plain and simple!

I'm sure other teams with WR needs would love to have this "mistake." He's had 3 big mistakes (running the wrong route against Redskins that resulted in an INT, causing an interception that went right through his hands against Dallas, fumbling at the goal line against NO but the game was already lost at that point). Besides that, he has been very good for a rookie WR. You can teach how to correct the mistakes, but you can't teach how mechanically gifted he is with the route running.