Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MAD597

So we still going to the playoffs right?

37 posts in this topic

Calling out the fools who even as of last week said we were going to the playoffs. You don't know football you are homers and weren't paying attention to the team this year.

It was easy to see even in pre season this team was bad and Quinn's off season program was lazy and would cause us issues.

Why mock people for having opinions? Crazy things happen in the NFL sometimes with no real indicator whatsoever so if some cats wanted to believe the playoffs were possible I don't see the issue with it. 'Fan' is short for 'fanatic'.

hashmark61 and Faithful Falcon like this

Just now, Geneaut said:

Why mock people for having opinions? Crazy things happen in the NFL sometimes with no real indicator whatsoever so if some cats wanted to believe the playoffs were possible I don't see the issue with it. 'Fan' is short for 'fanatic'.

Because their opinions aren't based in reality. They also seem to have been oblivious to what this team has actually done this year. I question if they even watched our games.

I don't see how you could have seen this team this year looked at our 4-6 record last week and said yep thats a playoff team.

ya_boi_j likes this

6 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

I am so glad I didn't see a post saying this is how we can still make the playoffs. I think reality is sinking in for a lot of us.

It had when we lost to effin Browns. Most were delusional after that.

rogueleadersf likes this

On the one hand, this is a clear troll job.

On the other hand, I feel the OP simply because when people come in here and try to be realistic about the team when they’re not good...you get roasted, accused of not being a real fan, etc.  

When you’re right about the situation though nobody says yea some people called it...we were wrong, etc.

The team is just not good this year.  What caught some bad breaks in a year most of us thought we’d be contenders.  Happens to teams every year.

hashmark61, ya_boi_j and MAD597 like this

3 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Because their opinions aren't based in reality. They also seem to have been oblivious to what this team has actually done this year. I question if they even watched our games.

I don't see how you could have seen this team this year looked at our 4-6 record last week and said yep thats a playoff team.

Meh ... I mean after last week I had our chances at about 10% mostly on the off chance a few better teams just self destructed. With our OL in the shape it's in JJ and Matt would have had to go into an epic run of historical fashion, but the chance was there.

4 decades of watching the Falcons, Hawks, and Braves have just taught me not too get to up or too down about these teams. I enjoy what I can from them and call it a day. Your mileage may vary of course.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving at least.

12 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

I am so glad I didn't see a post saying this is how we can still make the playoffs. I think reality is sinking in for a lot of us.

Lol Mad was trying to bet kung fu but Kung fu backed out. 

FalconinPA likes this

2 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

On the other hand, I feel the OP simply because when people come in here and try to be realistic about the team when they’re not good...you get roasted, accused of not being a real fan, etc.  

When you’re right about the situation though nobody says yea some people called it...we were wrong, etc.

This is the exact reason I approve this thread. 

8 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

The 4-6 record is not legitimate to base it off, because we were actually right in the hunt. The other teams trying to make it were probably a game or two better. Now if you said based on this team's mentality, then your argument would be solid.

7 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

The 4-6 record is not legitimate to base it off, because we were actually right in the hunt. The other teams trying to make it were probably a game or two better. Now if you said based on this team's mentality, then your argument would be solid.

It was a combination of both a 4-6 record and a team that was mentally weak with a coaching staff incapable of adjustment.

After the Browns and Dallas it was stupid to think this team was capable of going to the playoffs. Some of us saw in pre season how inept this team was going to be.

4 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

It was a combination of both a 4-6 record and a team that was mentally weak with a coaching staff incapable of adjustment.

After the Browns and Dallas it was stupid to think this team was capable of going to the playoffs. Some of us saw in pre season how inept this team was going to be.

Like I said, the record didn't put us out of playoff contention, because the other teams trying to make it has similar records. Us not know what the h3ll we are doing is a different story.

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

Like I said, the record didn't put us out of playoff contention, because the other teams trying to make it has similar records. Us not know what the h3ll we are doing is a different story.

The record put us in a hole this year's team was obviously not capable of pulling us out of. You could see that a mile away.

Being statistically alive was irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

We get it: You're an *******.

Sorry if being right bothers you. Ive been on this board a LONG time and I will certainly root for this team when they show heart and show they are worth it.

I will point to the 2009 team as a prime example. We had some major injuries and fought for a 9-7 season to break the back to back winning season curse. That team had heart and was worth rooting for even though we missed the playoffs.

That was not the case this year.

Some of you though are living in some alternate universe and need a wake up call. After all the insults I get just for calling it like I see it you can bite me.

I was completely correct on my judgment of this team going all the way back to pre season. Sorry some of you homers can't handle the truth and deicded to lash out and insult me all year.

rogueleadersf likes this

1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

Sorry if being right bothers you. Ive been on this board a LONG time and I will certainly root for this team when they show heart and show they are worth it.

Some of you though are living in some alternate universe and need a wake up call. After all the insults I get just for calling it like I see it you can bite me.

I was completely correct on my judgment of this team going all the way back to pre season. Sorry some of you homers can't handle the truth and deicded to lash out and insult me all year.

You say the Falcons will lose every week. This year you've been more right than wrong. Congrats.

Faithful Falcon likes this

23 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Lol Mad was trying to bet kung fu but Kung fu backed out. 

Yup and people call me a troll, he wouldn't back up his mouth and ran away.

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

LMAO..... Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back troll. Everybody with half a brain knew this wasn't our year when the injury bug hit. I didn't question the fact we have big problems, I questioned your proclamation of being a fan.

2 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Yup and people call me a troll, he wouldn't back up his mouth and ran away.

Weren’t you the one who said that you would love to watch us lose every game? Relish in it even? 

Yea.. not sure why you’d be referred to as a troll.. 

GhostofGritz and TNFalcon1 like this

The older I get the less I care about dissing other Falcons fans. If that brings you joy, knock yourself out...but it probably says more about your deficiencies than the people you're ragging on.

I just want the Falcons to fix things and be a respectable team again.

TheTrue7, Geneaut and ya_boi_j like this

1 minute ago, GhostofGritz said:

The older I get the less I care about dissing other Falcons fans. If that brings you joy, knock yourself out...but it probably says more about your deficiencies than the people you're ragging on.

I just want the Falcons to fix things and be a respectable team again.

Agreed.. and they will.. I have faith..

like ive said before, if only the saints had listened to their fan base and gotten rid of Payton after all those losing seasons......

TNFalcon1 likes this