Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

since68andcounting

One play sums up Beasley's ineffeciveness

63 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

I'm beginning to think Coach Cox was right when DQ fired him for his friend B. Young. A lot of people didn't like  Cox (remember HARD KNOCKS) because he was a holler, a bully but our  DL played better and tougher. And this is what this DL needs, a good cursing out.

This is when I stopped having hope for Beasley. A lot was made about him "tuning out" Cox because of his aggressive coaching style. For me, it solidified that Beasley doesn't have the right mentality for big boy football. 

I get disliking profanity, but Vic's response showed me all I needed to see. He'll never realize the potential his athleticism affords him, because he just doesn't want to. Period, point blank. 

8 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

In my opinion, this is an oversold narrative. I don't mean to minimize Freeney's impact, but to my mind Beasley wasn't "dominant" in 2016. He sort've lucked into a lot of those sacks... 

He may have lucked into some of them but 16 sacks takes more than luck. When John Abraham was here he was known to feast on some teams and not do so well on the better ones. Heck, Adrian Claiborn got six against Dallas in a single game. And tell me again why we did not re-sign Adrian? OTOH, you don't go from 16 to hardly any because you're all that either.

Vandy and Bunchy Carter like this

23 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dam good question. Beasley had no sacks last night but Irvin has zero in his three games as a Falcon. Takk has zero in his last four games and Reed has a goose egg in his last five games. WTF? Quinn needs to take the reins from Manuel or make him stop that three man rush bush it and start sending some blitzes.

Doing the same got dang stupid thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. Our D embodies that clueless philosophy. For a supposed defensive guru, Quinn's defensive scheme is complete trash.

On 11/23/2018 at 9:22 AM, since68andcounting said:

Ohhh. Ok. Thread rescinded. Well, sort of. I think the premise still applies. Beasley is not a pass rusher you build a defense on.

TRUE! Grady the only one of the sorry d-linemen Dimitroff has brought in that you can build a defence around  

16 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Doing the same got dang stupid thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. Our D embodies that clueless philosophy. For a supposed defensive guru, Quinn's defensive scheme is complete trash.

yes! pure 100% trash

PokerSteve likes this

19 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I have seen several posts regarding this team vs the 2014 team

And honestly I am starting to see a lot of similarities in how the defense is being used

We are not doing enough upfront to effect the qb.we are imo not using Vic or talk as effective as we could...we don't really move them around as much as we could or should and we really don't really scheme them into the best positions....we run very generic  rushes...we rarely run and sort of stunt or twist or anything to create confusion on the oline.

The injuries have sapped any sort of aggression from the coaching staff

11 hours ago, backnblack said:

He may have lucked into some of them but 16 sacks takes more than luck. When John Abraham was here he was known to feast on some teams and not do so well on the better ones. Heck, Adrian Claiborn got six against Dallas in a single game. And tell me again why we did not re-sign Adrian? OTOH, you don't go from 16 to hardly any because you're all that either.

He also lucked out of at least a couple sacks this year....if he converted just half of his almost sacks this year he would be sitting around 7 or 8 sacks.....and it is a different conversation

On 11/23/2018 at 7:28 AM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dam good question. Beasley had no sacks last night but Irvin has zero in his three games as a Falcon. Takk has zero in his last four games and Reed has a goose egg in his last five games. WTF? Quinn needs to take the reins from Manuel or make him stop that three man rush bush it and start sending some blitzes.

Take notes from the Steelers...Mike Tomlin (or his defensive coordinator) knows their defense is suspect but they are sending blitzes **** near every other play to keep the opposing QB uncomfortable in the pocket....and it's working.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

On 11/23/2018 at 9:30 AM, JD dirtybird21 said:

The thing is, we were doing this in 2016 during the playoff run. The team was coming after Rodgers relentlessly. Brian Poole DRILLED him. What happened to that playcalling?

Then Dan Quinn was at the helm of the defense. We saw the change when he took over. He needs to get out of that "trust his coordinator" mentality because you see where that has our defense now and where it got us in the SB.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:24 AM, slickgadawg said:

HONEST. I'm not saying this to be funny. When I see the name Vic posted on TATF, if the last name of Beasley isn't attached to it or I actually read the post, I think yall are talking about Michael Vick.  Thats how much a nonfactor Beasley is...

Or Megadeth's mascot Vic Rattlehead. Anyone other than Beasley. 

On 11/23/2018 at 1:14 PM, Vandy said:

Jack Crawford has 5.5 sacks, Jarrett has 3.

Despite all the gloom & doom, we did hold Brees under 200.  Could not stop the run.  But I do hate steady 3 man rush as it’s easy to dissect unless it’s a one-off call to drop 8

Vandy likes this

Some of you should re-watch that game. Beasley received extra attention all day. He was either doubled or chipped on most of his rush opportunities. He hasn't played well this year, but the NO game is not one to judge him on.