Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

since68andcounting

One play sums up Beasley's ineffeciveness

63 posts in this topic

It's not his lack of sacks or pressures.

It's not his lack of tackles.

It's not his inconsistent effort.

It's the fact he let 40+ year old Drew Brees outrun him to the corner.

His knock was he's a "speed rusher". But he doesn't even have that.

He will never be a premier pash rusher on an NFL team until he applies himself to get better.

Osiruz likes this

7 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I'm trying to figure out which play you're talking about. I must have had my head turned, because I don't even remember Brees running last night.

Brees scrambled out to the right. I don't think he completely turned it and got the first down, but Beasley should have run him down for a loss.

One hit wonder.  I really thought he was gonna be the guy for us.  Watching him now is like watching Ray Edwards.  It’s so bad I wonder if he’s got some off field stuff he’s dealing with to be honest.

vitaman likes this

Beasley? What about Takk? Or Bruce Irvin? I don't think it's the players as much as the system doesn't produce a pass rush.

I'm still wondering about Teco. Here he gets the chance to go out there and show out for a big contract and he misses every hole he sees in an effort to race to the sideline.

rogueleadersf and PokerSteve like this

1 hour ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

I dont understand how you go from leading the league in sacks one year to what he is now. How do you regress that much?

He didn't regress. His production was unsustainable, he converted sacks on an insanely high percentage of his pressures. I was trying to explain this to y'all last season where I had several screenshots and sources from PFF and the board tore into me.

In 2016, he got like 12 of his sacks from 3 games, and they were all against terrible tackles. Then he completely disappeared in the playoffs. Like, as crazy it sounds -- those 16 sacks were kind of a fluke.

shock, ZoneOne01, vitaman and 5 others like this

HONEST. I'm not saying this to be funny. When I see the name Vic posted on TATF, if the last name of Beasley isn't attached to it or I actually read the post, I think yall are talking about Michael Vick.  Thats how much a nonfactor Beasley is...

1 hour ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

I dont understand how you go from leading the league in sacks one year to what he is now. How do you regress that much?

Because thay year was nothing but back up lines, rookies. Or plays the qb ran Into the sack. A few he ran them outta bounds behind the line. And a few were strips so he technically didn't sack the qb.. 

49 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Beasley? What about Takk? Or Bruce Irvin? I don't think it's the players as much as the system doesn't produce a pass rush.

I'm still wondering about Teco. Here he gets the chance to go out there and show out for a big contract and he misses every hole he sees in an effort to race to the sideline.

Dam good question. Beasley had no sacks last night but Irvin has zero in his three games as a Falcon. Takk has zero in his last four games and Reed has a goose egg in his last five games. WTF? Quinn needs to take the reins from Manuel or make him stop that three man rush bush it and start sending some blitzes.

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

It's the Falcons.

We'll trade him to New England for a sixth rounder and he'll be the Defensive Player of the Year

the following season.

You're probably right because BB has a proven system that works to exploit your weaknesses. Quinn's system seems to be more of a "wing and a prayer" system that only works with top tier talent. Might as well keep the carousel spinning.  

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dam good question. Beasley had no sacks last night but Irvin has zero in his three games as a Falcon. Takk has zero in his last four games and Reed has a goose egg in his last five games. WTF? Quinn needs to take the reins from Manuel or make him stop that three man rush bush it and start sending some blitzes.

Outside of Grady we have zero push up the middle. All teams are doing is doubling Grady knowing the other guys cant get home. I dont understand the 3 man rush concept when we know our D line is suspect to begin with. 

We miss Poe a lot.  I complained a lot when we did not resign him. Need a space eater. The problem with the DEs begins with the push up the middle. We need (easier said than done) to spend our cap money on players that will help the team, not simply on our own current players who are underperforming. That has often been a problem with FA and TD. We are cheap. You get what you pay for.

mqg96 and vitaman like this

2 hours ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

There were a few articles that season, and one in particular that I remember that because of the way Bealsey was getting sacks that it was basically 'flukey' or unsustainable. Of course nobody here would hear of it. The articles were just 'haters' and Beasley was going to be the next great sack artist. We see how that turned out. 

vitaman likes this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

THIS