Why Was DQ Laughing After Being Stopped On 4th Down

BLM

Just curious what the joke was when Falcons got stopped on 4th down, DQ was laughing about it with people on the sidelines. I mean I get the season was lost and we are going outside of our comfort zone so...

Edited by BLM

8 minutes ago, BLM said:

Just curious what the joke was when Falcons got stopped on 4th down, DQ was laughing about it with people on the sidelines. I mean I get the season was lost and we are going outside of our comfort zone so...

because they’re a joke lol thats why. You cant take this team seriously

28 minutes ago, BLM said:

Whatever he’s doing it’s not working. He’s laughing at the inevitable.  

Didn’t see it but I guess sometimes you gotta laugh at a situation.

I won’t begrudge him for “a laugh”.  I think that’s unfair.  Most of the time people put way too much stock in their perception.  Was he supposed to “mean mug” or yell nonstop so the world could know he was taking it seriously?

1 minute ago, slamee101 said:

I won’t begrudge him for “a laugh”.  I think that’s unfair.  Most of the time people put way too much stock in their perception.  Was he supposed to “mean mug” or yell nonstop so the world could know he was taking it seriously?

I get you, and I've laughed out loud at lots of bad things at Falcon's games over the years, but it's a bad look for the HC. He'd have been better to have pulled a Smitty and started writing on a notepad. He could have written 'LOLOLOLOLOLOL' while grimacing and many of us would have thought he was doing something head-coachy.

1 minute ago, FalconinPA said:

I can equate him laughing to when I laugh at these clowns, You have to laugh because you can't believe how inept this team is. Quinn had a slight break down is what I'm thinking. I have them all the time when I watch them. He will be ok.

He needs a psychiatric evaluation...I think Superbowl 51 loss has to do everything whats happening now to him.

9 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

I don't mind him laughing on the sidelines.  Just an awkward time to be laughing right after we get stopped on 4th down with game on the line.  People are gonna be people but I don't think I would laugh if I go stopped on 4th down. 

In his defense I wouldn't want a job where there's a camera on me the entire time either. Maybe he's at a point where he feels comfortable enough to be himself on the sideline all the time, and optics be ****ed. It's kind of a different world today than what some of us older guys remember.

1 hour ago, BLM said:

I wear my Falcons lanyard on my ID at work (I live out of state). Every day someone laughs about it. I'm thinking the team is just laughable, even Quinn realizes it.

21 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Cause it's a game and their job. You don't laugh at work? They dont see it the same way the fans do.

I laugh but not right after something bad happens.  If we just lost a client, I probably wouldn't laugh or tell a joke 1 minute after.  30 minutes later sure.

55 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

A season like this has to wear on you. Especially with the pre-season expectations.

I don't know who your college football team is. But I can make a perfect comparison here. The preseason expectations of the 2018 Falcons were like the preseason expectations of the 2008 Georgia Bulldogs, and both of those teams crashed and burned at the biggest moments and had a disappointing letdown season. Both teams had key injuries (Georgia's was more at the line of scrimmage) and our arch-rivals the Gators and the Saints ended up being really good instead of us. I just hope the 2018 Saints doesn't win it all like 2008 Florida did. 

1 hour ago, FalconinPA said:

I can equate him laughing to when I laugh at these clowns, You have to laugh because you can't believe how inept this team is. Quinn had a slight break down is what I'm thinking. I have them all the time when I watch them. He will be ok.

Laughing at ones own self is a sign of complete self awareness....or you are going crazy. 

I think Quinn is going crazy..