coastiemike

Senat was healthy scratch because....

103 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Wow. Is that why Senat was out? You got to be kidding me. I have said over and over, I don't think DQ will be fired after this year, but this kind of stuff is what speeds up the process.

Just hope we don't have to wait too long.

He'll never have the football IQ needed to own this division like Peyton seems to be doing now.

Hopefully tonight has AB noticing. Speaking of which, I have noticed AB hasn't been coming down to the sidelines. Did he stop coming down at the end of the year he fired Smith? Anyone remember?

Blank and his wife were on the sidelines last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Is Blank actually unwilling to see the ineptitude of Quinn out of fear that others will think less of him for hiring the moron?

You can't judge Blank by what he said, and certainly can't trust any media.  For all we know Blank is screaming his lungs out at Quinn this very minute behind closed doors. 

As far as his confidence in Quinn, there's no way he's even considering making a move. 

It would take another losing record  next year before Blank would even start thinking about it.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, octoslash said:

You can't judge Blank by what he said, and certainly can't trust any media.  For all we know Blank is screaming his lungs out at Quinn this very minute behind closed doors. 

As far as his confidence in Quinn, there's no way he's even considering making a move. 

It would take another losing record  next year before Blank would even start thinking about it.

So if you were Blank right now, would you feel embarrassed to announce Quinn being fired or leaving right now?

If the Falcons end up finishing 5-11 or 6-10 this year, would you hold off firing Quinn for a year out of hope he will rebound and not make your decision to hire him look like it was a mistake?

Maybe you hit the problem - Blank has not even started thinking about firing Quinn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pay the Zebra said:

Only if you want him to be Payton's ***** for another 5 years 

Uhm...  he swept the Saints in his last season.

Guess people forgot that

ZoneOne01 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. Senat, despite his rookie growing pains, is hands down, no doubt about it our second best d-lineman after Grady.

Edited by Dr Long Shot
Bunchy Carter likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

If we are going to throw Dan Q over the coals, lets make sure we throw Thomas D in there as well.  Dude is a joke and don't know how to build an oline to save Matt Ryan's life.  People keep talking about Mike Smith and how D Quinn, yada yada yada, but Thomas D is the constant and the same problems when M Smith was here are still prevalent with D Quinn.  D Quinn can draft some defensive talent but we need someone who can do the same for the offensive side of the ball, especially the oline.  The oline was a problem before Quinn got here and probably will still be a problem once he leaves. 

Anyone else notice the time Brees had in the pocket vs that M Ryan had? 

I don't think it's Dimitroffs fault 100%. He spent a top 10 pick to acquire Mathews who has been pretty solid and actually very good this year, he signed Alex Mack to a big contract to get him from Cleveland, he traded for Levitre (and re-signed him) who had played well before injuries, and he signed Schraeder to a big contract after he had been one of the best RT's in football in 2015-2016, he signed Fusco, who was the best guard available in free agency at the time.

The idea that Dimitrof has not paid attention to the trenches may have been true during the MIke Smith era, but he has spent draft capital, and top dollar trying to find the best players available at the o-line the last four years. I can't blame TD for Schraeder's play falling of a cliff into a chasm and Levitre being injured the last two years, and truth be told if we had a healthy Levitre and Schraeder was playing at a 2015-2016 level we would have one of the best lines in the NFC for sure. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HMFIC said:

Blank and his wife were on the sidelines last night.

Ah ok. Must've missed it. I had probably shut it off by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

Dresses Richards and not Senat. DQ is a (I used a word here that required my mouth to be washed out). 

A ***** 

there I said it for you.. he’s a dumb ***** 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

A ***** 

there I said it for you.. he’s a dumb ***** 

I said a word and it automatically changed it to that. Lame af

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

So if you were Blank right now, would you feel embarrassed to announce Quinn being fired or leaving right now?

If the Falcons end up finishing 5-11 or 6-10 this year, would you hold off firing Quinn for a year out of hope he will rebound and not make your decision to hire him look like it was a mistake?

Maybe you hit the problem - Blank has not even started thinking about firing Quinn?

If....IF...Blank was considering making a change, there is zero reason to do it mid-season.  He's not reactionary and he's definitely more patient than a lot of owners. 

But in my opinion there is just no way Blank fires Quinn after this season. 

But if next season turns out to be another loser, I could see it happening.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Wow . I cannot wait until he’s toasted . Never in life would I ever have thought I’d dislike a coach more than Mike Smith . So incompetent . Smh !! The both of em & DQ is worse than him . We really have the worse luck even when the stars aligned with these guys . See 28-3 . 

not it is  Matt Ryan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. Senat, despite his rookie growing pains, is hands down, no doubt about it our second best d-lineman after Grady.

*Second best DT. IMHO Takk is our 2nd best d-lineman behind Grady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

*Second best DT. IMHO Takk is our 2nd best d-lineman behind Grady

Takk has been a disapointment to me this year.

Beasley Stats: 11 tkls - 3 sks - 1 tfl

Takk Stats: 15 tkls -5.5 sks - 1tfl

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Takk has been a disapointment to me this year.

Beasley Stats: 11 tkls - 3 sks - 1 tfl

Takk Stats: 15 tkls -5.5 sks - 1tfl

 

 

The numbers don't tell the whole story. How many snaps has Takk played compared to Beasley?

WHEN did the sacks come? To me...a sack on 1st down isn't nearly the same as a 3rd down sack. Takk has been much more impactful, although I will concede that he has lots of room to grow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bunchy Carter said:

The numbers don't tell the whole story. How many snaps has Takk played compared to Beasley?

WHEN did the sacks come? To me...a sack on 1st down isn't nearly the same as a 3rd down sack. Takk has been much more impactful, although I will concede that he has lots of room to grow. 

Takk has been an absolute ghost the last 4 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

How about Takk, Deion, K Neal, Campbell, Senat, Kazee, Grady?  Possibly Oliver, hopefully.  Also Jalen Collins was starting to shine before all the off the field issues started to happen.  But yes D Quinn can draft defensive talent. 

Or TD can draft defensive talent? Who knows, really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Double Grady and your first obstacle is 41 or 42.. We couldn't touch em until they ran 5 yards first smhh 

Those LB and safeties got manhandked by Aints OL. It’s on the DL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Those LB and safeties got manhandked by Aints OL. It’s on the DL.

They (saints running backs) were literally not getting touched until the safeties and CBS majority of the time. Our Dlinemen were getting pushed around and not holding the point of attack. 

When ks the last time we saw a tackle for loss from a DT or DE on a running play ? Seems like it’s been years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now