SoCalFalconFan

Draft Priority

122 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Yeah, we will have some nice flexibility to make a splash move if they want to.

OG/RT should be our f.a.target imo. Idw to sign.Xavier sua'filo in June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ike barn87987 said:

I like Kristian Fulton better than Greedy. Although Greedy gets the most hype. You can get Fulton in the 2-3. Also watch out for Nasir Adderley and Corey Ballentine. But especially Adderley.

I just want a cb who can intercept the ball, my brother. Fultons 2 year suspension worries me a bit and I don’t know enough ab Deleware or Mashburn to judge the other guys tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2018 at 11:16 PM, Atlantafan21 said:

Why MLB at 2? Deion Jones is still here, he's just injured. I'd go DT, OT/OG, then anything else. The lineman class is mediocre at best. DT class is monstrous, get one of them. 

Exactly. And sign a couple of veteran guards in FA who fit the scheme. Draft a late rounder interior, an earlier RT maybe, but DT first in the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2018 at 11:41 PM, thajames said:

1. Pass rush

2. Gigantic dt 

3. Best interior ol available 

4. Best ol available

5. DB

6. Best Ol available 

7. Jordan Richards 

Maybe even trade Freeman for a 2nd or 3rd and take another RB somewhere there. Use that cash to fill another hole like RT or RG in FA

Edited by mtldirtybird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2018 at 11:05 PM, SoCalFalconFan said:

1 - OT

2 - MLB

3 - DT

4 - OG

5 - OLB

6 - Big A$$ RB

7 - FB or QB

We need depth. We aren’t who we thought we were at the beginning of the year; injuries or not. 

Starting to believe that they will draft a OT in the 1st or 2nd round.

I stil believe that it will be a CB in the 1st though. I don't think that the top OTs are a "scheme fit" in the 1st, and they need a  CB who may be a shut-down CB (with "fresh-er legs")..

2nd round will be a higher pick than expected. They will find thier R-OT then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

You can't trade him or trufant. The dead cap is larger than the cap hit. What don't ppl get about this?

I get it actually but explain to me how the Saints can do it with little to no money with cap hits every year but ended up in a better position?

They Saints have 21M in dead money, we have 7M and still trash

Edited by ICUH8N
ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ICUH8N said:

I get it actually but explain to me how the Saints can do it with little to no money with cap hits every year but ended up in a better position?

They Saints have 21M in dead money, we have 7M and still trash

Idk but they will soon be in trouble with only one pick in this draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rise said:

Starting to believe that they will draft a OT in the 1st or 2nd round.

I stil believe that it will be a CB in the 1st though. I don't think that the top OTs are a "scheme fit" in the 1st, and they need a  CB who may be a shut-down CB (with "fresh-er legs")..

2nd round will be a higher pick than expected. They will find thier R-OT then.

Why would I draft an OT that high? We.don't need an LT, and legit RT have no higher draft priority than OG. We need to draft 3 o line and 3 d linemen in this draft. Time to invest solely in the trenches. We are losing in the trenches on both sides. New position coaches and new.ST coach should be brought in asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2018 at 11:28 PM, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Unfortunately TD gave bad contracts to Trufant, Schaeder, and Freeman...so they aren’t going anywhere for 2 years...

 

But I’d be trading every other over of %^#* on this roster for draft capital and play the numbers game on drafting decent depth.

 

Trade Trufant for a 6th rounder to a team on cusp.

Trade Freeman for a 7th rounder

 

Drop back in 1st round. We need as many bodies as possible. This draft is deep at DT

 

Id even consider trading Julio is u could get a 1st or two picks in top 3 rounds

That’s some crazy **** right here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Vandy said:

That’s some crazy **** right here.

 

Just realistic about what we could get for an injury prone, overpaid RB and an overpaid garbage CB. But it’s worth it to get out of those contracts and acquire draft capital.

Less interested in moving Julio, but if a 1st is dangled at us? To get out of that potential monster contract for a WR going into his 30s that has had injury issues.

Hard to say no on getting the draft capital. I’m not saying we can replace Julio, but with MR2 playing the way he is, I’m not sure how much Julio is to credit? I just don’t know or will know until he ya gone....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Just realistic about what we could get for an injury prone, overpaid RB and an overpaid garbage CB. But it’s worth it to get out of those contracts and acquire draft capital.

Less interested in moving Julio, but if a 1st is dangled at us? To get out of that potential monster contract for a WR going into his 30s that has had injury issues.

Hard to say no on getting the draft capital. I’m not saying we can replace Julio, but with MR2 playing the way he is, I’m not sure how much Julio is to credit? I just don’t know or will know until he ya gone....

Julio is a HOF who is a top 15 player in the league. Did you see the offense without him last year against BUF and MIA? It was ugly. We don't even have receivers to replace him. Sanu can't stretch the field and Ridley is a good compliment but terrified of going over the middle.

OAK traded a top player in the league and they rank among the worst in sacks. That's exactly how our WRs would look if we got rid of Julio.

Vandy and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Just realistic about what we could get for an injury prone, overpaid RB and an overpaid garbage CB. But it’s worth it to get out of those contracts and acquire draft capital.

Less interested in moving Julio, but if a 1st is dangled at us? To get out of that potential monster contract for a WR going into his 30s that has had injury issues.

Hard to say no on getting the draft capital. I’m not saying we can replace Julio, but with MR2 playing the way he is, I’m not sure how much Julio is to credit? I just don’t know or will know until he ya gone....

And still some More crazy ****. 

RING OF HONOR likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2018 at 11:28 PM, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Unfortunately TD gave bad contracts to Trufant, Schaeder, and Freeman...so they aren’t going anywhere for 2 years...

 

But I’d be trading every other over of %^#* on this roster for draft capital and play the numbers game on drafting decent depth.

 

Trade Trufant for a 6th rounder to a team on cusp.

Trade Freeman for a 7th rounder

 

Drop back in 1st round. We need as many bodies as possible. This draft is deep at DT

 

Id even consider trading Julio is u could get a 1st or two picks in top 3 rounds

No offense man, but you aren't going to trade these guys for more bodies in draft stock/rookies (in rebuild mode) when you have a franchise QB sitting there with a $150 Mil contract.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎23‎-‎11‎-‎2018 at 4:35 PM, thestreetzputon said:

Easy. Trade freeman for multiple draft picks and we’ll be better off. No blocking freeman Coleman and this offensive line is ruining the season. 

Who would give anything for Freeman? I wouldn't even give a seven rounder for a running back with that contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if we go def line in first two rounds or corner, do we have the money to bring in two high paid very good off linemen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ket222 said:

if we go def line in first two rounds or corner, do we have the money to bring in two high paid very good off linemen?

No. We will sign a mid-tier og  in the first week. Then after June cuts we will sign Xavier Sua'filo. I called the fusco signing and im telling you if Dallas let's him walk he will be a falcon. Just more of the same ok insanity

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 6:22 PM, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Just realistic about what we could get for an injury prone, overpaid RB and an overpaid garbage CB. But it’s worth it to get out of those contracts and acquire draft capital.

Less interested in moving Julio, but if a 1st is dangled at us? To get out of that potential monster contract for a WR going into his 30s that has had injury issues.

Hard to say no on getting the draft capital. I’m not saying we can replace Julio, but with MR2 playing the way he is, I’m not sure how much Julio is to credit? I just don’t know or will know until he ya gone....

How do you not realize we cannot get out of frees or trus contract this year? Dead cap. It gets said every time suggests it. Can't cut or trade either. Both will be falcons til 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 4:37 AM, mtldirtybird said:

Exactly. And sign a couple of veteran guards in FA who fit the scheme. Draft a late rounder interior, an earlier RT maybe, but DT first in the draft. 

Signing vet guards that fit the scheme netted a positive result once with Chester. At some point you gotta draft high at the position. Would rather draft an C/OG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how he will test, but I'm liking the throw-back size and high-effort, high production Boston College DE Zach Allen brings to the table. 

I do not think he is going to wow athletically, but he is stout. We have soooo many guys under 6'3" and 270 that I would welcome a DE with real size. Right now I think we are slated to pick too high, but slide back unless there is a better DL/OL option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now