SoCalFalconFan

Draft Priority

122 posts in this topic

If we could get him(Quinnen Williams), I would consider trading Freeman(I'm a huge Freeman fan) to Seattle for Bobby Wagner.  That would help our D

Edited by 175_Ranger_Falcon

35 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

If we could get him(Quinnen Williams), I would consider trading Freeman(I'm a huge Freeman fan) to Seattle for Bobby Wagner.  That would help our D

Why would Seattle do that? They would have to absorb Free's salary and Atl would have $9 mil dead money tied up if we trade or release Free in the offseason

13 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Why would Seattle do that? They would have to absorb Free's salary and Atl would have $9 mil dead money tied up if we trade or release Free in the offseason

Have you seen Seattle's running game? Non existent!

On 11/22/2018 at 11:52 PM, ParanoidAndroid said:

We need to stockpile picks. TD is supposed to be a Patriots guy, but hasn't learned the most most fundamental Patriots lesson. Flip assets for value before their value depreciates. 

You mean No Sacred Cows? Preposterous, sir! :o

ParanoidAndroid likes this

28 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Have you seen Seattle's running game? Non existent!

I have but it's easier to replace a rb compared to an All Pro LB

18 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I have but it's easier to replace a rb compared to an All Pro LB

They've been trying to replace Marshawn Lynch for a while now.  Probably would never happen, but if the offer was on the table, I'm pulling that trigger for sure

Idk what FA is looking like this year but I’d rather find and pay a veteran ol than draft a rookie and I’d like to go CB first round in the draft and take Greedy Williams out of LSU. Give me someone that can give this offense the ball back.   Again, as of right now for me it depends on who’s available via fa 

lju713 likes this

9 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

They've been trying to replace Marshawn Lynch for a while now.  Probably would never happen, but if the offer was on the table, I'm pulling that trigger for sure

I mean yeah I would too. But TD probably wouldn't 

With a supposedly deep DT class, draft a CB in the first and a DT in the second round.

Free agency:  Invest in the best all around OG.....someone that can move but more importantly shove defenders backwards.  

Drop Bryant.  Drop Alford.  Sign Beasley to a mid-level contract......he is not going to attract a lot of attention.  And if he does (from 3-4 teams), good bye.

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

On 11/22/2018 at 11:33 PM, ICUH8N said:

I can get behind this. I’ve been preaching trade Free all year. You can at least get 2 picks for him. 

You can't trade him or trufant. The dead cap is larger than the cap hit. What don't ppl get about this?

1 hour ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Idk what FA is looking like this year but I’d rather find and pay a veteran ol than draft a rookie and I’d like to go CB first round in the draft and take Greedy Williams out of LSU. Give me someone that can give this offense the ball back.   Again, as of right now for me it depends on who’s available via fa 

The finding f.a. Olinemen. Is the route we've gone for the entire franchise history. Maybe drafting the best OG/C is worth a shot. Haven't drafted a guard in first since Fralic in 84. 

capitan and Geneaut like this

1 hour ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

My deal would be, Free and Tru for Wagner and a 5th. Thoughts?

Since we can't trade either of them due to dead cap, it's moot. I'm pretty sure they would hang up on you with that offer too.

2 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

The finding f.a. Olinemen. Is the route we've gone for the entire franchise history. Maybe drafting the best OG/C is worth a shot. Haven't drafted a guard in first since Fralic in 84. 

Just depends on who’s available in fa. If there’s a proven vet let’s get em no matter cost, if not yeah we draft somebody. The position needs to be upgraded and as long as we upgrade I’m happy. We need upgrades at CB, lb and de too so we’ll see how fa pans out this year 

On 11/22/2018 at 11:07 PM, falcons007 said:

DE should be high on the list too. Heck we would need to replace Levitre, Fusco was below average.

Can see us picking up Xavier sua'filo if Dallas doesn't resign him

8 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Just depends on who’s available in fa. If there’s a proven vet let’s get em no matter cost, if not yeah we draft somebody. The position needs to be upgraded and as long as we upgrade I’m happy. We need upgrades at CB, lb and de too so we’ll see how fa pans out this year 

Really don't see us doing much again. Gonna go ahead and call Xavier sua'filo being signed. Our cap is screwed and we can't fit any too tier f.a.s.

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Really don't see us doing much again. Gonna go ahead and call Xavier sua'filo being signed. Our cap is screwed and we can't fit any too tier f.a.s.

Yeah I wasn’t sure how our cap is looking. I trust TD w the numbers tho if there’s someone out there the FO really wants 

16 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Yeah I wasn’t sure how our cap is looking. I trust TD w the numbers tho if there’s someone out there the FO really wants 

If we cut no one we are set to have about 26-28 million in cap space....with just a couple cuts that can turn into 50ish pretty easy

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

But we have used our first pick in the draft on a guard's a few yimesr, Travis Claridge and Peter Konz come to mind

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

If we cut no one we are set to have about 26-28 million in cap space....with just a couple cuts that can turn into 50ish pretty easy

Sounds good to me! 

4 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I like Kristian Fulton better than Greedy. Although Greedy gets the most hype. You can get Fulton in the 2-3. Also watch out for Nasir Adderley and Corey Ballentine. But especially Adderley.

3 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

If we cut no one we are set to have about 26-28 million in cap space....with just a couple cuts that can turn intow 50ish pretty eas

What contracts other than levitre are expiring?