SoCalFalconFan

Draft Priority

122 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

Think we need an OG first to protect the QB and then go DT.  To plug up the middle  Teams have been running down the Falcons' gut all season long.

Meanwhile, the guy who stopped that last year, Dontari Poe, wasn't as valuable as the utterly useless Shaub to this organization.

15 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

1 - OT

2 - MLB

3 - DT

4 - OG

5 - OLB

6 - Big A$$ RB

7 - FB or QB

We need depth. We aren’t who we thought we were at the beginning of the year; injuries or not. 

Order of need goes like this 

1 O-line

2 O-line

3 O-line

4 O-line

5 O-line

6 O-line

7 O-line

8 O-line

9 O-line

10 O-line

Im so sick of watching matt run for his ******* life or be under constant state of duress everytime he drops back because mother****ers in front of him cant do their **** job.everytime they play like crap we lose..the whole line outside of mack and Matthews needs to be upgraded..we got two guys that should be riding the pine and i love me some garland and i say that then we got the dumpster fire that is Schrader.god awful..why u think brees breaks and set these records year in and year out? He actually isnt put on his *** every other drop back.ive never seen matt so visibly fusterated before.your asking him to be superman with a kryponite o line.he deserves so much better.

Edited by RoddyWhite84
PokerSteve likes this

10 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

1 - OT

2 - MLB

3 - DT

4 - OG

5 - OLB

6 - Big A$$ RB

7 - FB or QB

We need depth. We aren’t who we thought we were at the beginning of the year; injuries or not. 

All the above...all first round draft picks and can coach as well. :lol:

8 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Starting to realize that letting go of por was a bad decision, he was a space eater and not too easily pushed around. Now we have a bunch of chumps that fall down before the rb even gets the ball in his hands. Absolutely pathetic! 

3 minutes ago, tonatl07 said:
8 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Starting to realize that letting go of por was a bad decision, he was a space eater and not too easily pushed around. Now we have a bunch of chumps that fall down before the rb even gets the ball in his hands. Absolutely pathetic! 

A lot of us were concerned we gutted the DL this off season and got rid of the few space eaters we had.

8 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

What makes you think anyone in the draft s going to be as good as anyone we have now.

This is my contention with drafting olineman coming out.I see very few prospects that can make the jump straight away.

By investing early and not getting that return straight up is the bit that scares me going early with these olineman.

Gotta start somewhere. Unless we really shed some fat we won't have the cap to fill the holes we have and will create. And I'd rather invest in an ol and get 5-10 years vs spending to get one for a few years. 

Easy. Trade freeman for multiple draft picks and we’ll be better off. No blocking freeman Coleman and this offensive line is ruining the season. 

10 hours ago, AgapeElement said:

Bye, take some of the others here with ya *wave*

STFU n00b. You ain't got nearly enough longevity in here yet to be an ahole.

11 hours ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

How in the world is DE/DT not 1 or 2 on this list?

If we trade freeman we can get a quality pick for a defensive end. Freeman doesn’t block anyway. #TradeFreeman 

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

STFU n00b. You ain't got nearly enough longevity in here yet to be an ahole.

I've been here FAR longer than you.  Bye

2 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Gotta start somewhere. Unless we really shed some fat we won't have the cap to fill the holes we have and will create. And I'd rather invest in an ol and get 5-10 years vs spending to get one for a few years. 

Understand completely but you make a mistake early you set yourself back and waste a high pick.If I'm honest it's the one position that scares me the most drafting early.

Dirtybird3 likes this

29 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Understand completely but you make a mistake early you set yourself back and waste a high pick.If I'm honest it's the one position that scares me the most drafting early.

Like drafting #44 with your 6th pic? Lmao 

kiwifalcon and PokerSteve like this

4 hours ago, MAD597 said:

A lot of us were concerned we gutted the DL this off season and got rid of the few space eaters we had.

We are paying the price. The current bunch of DL got slung around like rag dolls yesterday by that Saints OL. Pathetic.

4 hours ago, thestreetzputon said:

Easy. Trade freeman for multiple draft picks and we’ll be better off. No blocking freeman Coleman and this offensive line is ruining the season. 

ofcourse we would - no**** how many ppl are going to bring up trades, they rarely happen in NFL, you have to trade for someone when they are at thier peak in value, Freeman value is almost nothing, because teams will think we would keep him if hes healthy and or still the player he used to be, unless we can prove that - we wont get dik for him.

vitaman likes this

16 hours ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

This is at least a two year project. 

Not if we move Julio.  That's the only way that this isn't a 2 year project.  If you give Ryan a OL + running game, Julio isn't necessary.  That said, the front office has committed to Julio.  They've had 10 years to build a line for Ryan, but they have done a horrible job at it.

9 minutes ago, robertap said:

Not if we move Julio.  That's the only way that this isn't a 2 year project.  If you give Ryan a OL + running game, Julio isn't necessary.  That said, the front office has committed to Julio.  They've had 10 years to build a line for Ryan, but they have done a horrible job at it.

We can keep Julio and fix the line in one year......just like we did in 2016 when we signed Mack.

people said after 2015 that it was a multi year rebuild...not was not.

and we have more in place now than we did then.a

In the nfl the landscape can change with a moments notice

OilFuturesTrader19 likes this

1 hour ago, robertap said:

Julio isn't going anywhere like you mentioned. And we have to to resign our own. This will have to be addressed through the draft. That's why I think we need 2-3 years. Who knows where Ryan and Julio will be at this point