" Matt Ryan looks lost ", Rodney Harrison

38 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I'm impartial when it comes to Matt but I feel pretty confident in saying that any QB in this league would look jittery when you're getting hit nearly 4 of every 10 dropbacks.

During the Giants game they showed a stat that said Matt was the most pressured QB. Clearly nothing has changed since that game. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Ryan is fine. He's just getting shellacked because of poor O-line play. Dude is a verified beast. I, as a Saints fan, don't look forward to facing Ryan and the Falcons, even though we won the last game. You guys are the one team in the division I know FOR SURE can put up points and stand toe-to-toe with our offense, when healthy. I think the Bucs just got lucky and caught us figuring things out on defense. But one team I would NOT want to see in the playoffs as a wildcard is the Atlanta Falcons. Especially when you guys get healthy. I don't think Matt Ryan is your problem.

This sort of reminds me of people getting on Brees when it was clear there were other glaring deficiencies. People wanted Brees to be perfect, which was ridiculous. Now, Brees has a defense along with an excellent running game and he is absolutely KILLING it. I am not really sure that Ryan has either right now with all of the injuries to your defense and Devonta Freeman out. It may sound overly simplified but to have two competent backs can make an offense really fluid. Look at Kamara and Ingram. The two are greater than the sum of the parts. I am just saying that Ryan is not your problem. 

1 hour ago, SaintsFanInLA said:

Matt Ryan is fine. He's just getting shellacked because of poor O-line play. Dude is a verified beast. I, as a Saints fan, don't look forward to facing Ryan and the Falcons, even though we won the last game. You guys are the one team in the division I know FOR SURE can put up points and stand toe-to-toe with our offense, when healthy. I think the Bucs just got lucky and caught us figuring things out on defense. But one team I would NOT want to see in the playoffs as a wildcard is the Atlanta Falcons. Especially when you guys get healthy. I don't think Matt Ryan is your problem.

This sort of reminds me of people getting on Brees when it was clear there were other glaring deficiencies. People wanted Brees to be perfect, which was ridiculous. Now, Brees has a defense along with an excellent running game and he is absolutely KILLING it. I am not really sure that Ryan has either right now with all of the injuries to your defense and Devonta Freeman out. It may sound overly simplified but to have two competent backs can make an offense really fluid. Look at Kamara and Ingram. The two are greater than the sum of the parts. I am just saying that Ryan is not your problem. 

Jesus Christ, you’re better at being a falcons fan than 95% of this message board. I’d proudly shake your hand if I could

Everytime a Matt Ryan lover defends him its always about stats. Stats sometime don't tell the entire story. Matt has games where he looks great and others where he looks like dog doo-doo. On the games where Matt has WR's make EXCEPTIONAL plays on bad throws, Matt gets the credit. When Matt plays lousy his supporting cast gets ALL of the blame. Just be fair. He had one exceptional season. Other than that he has been Andy Dalton.

2 hours ago, SaintsFanInLA said:

We have a lot of fans that don’t know what they are watching.

No QB plays well under consistent pressure over a game. They forget how awful Tom Brady played against us in Super Bowl while we were pressuring him for 3/4ths of the game. He was horrible, throwing a pick 6, throwing another pass right into the numbers of Robert Alford that he dropped, completing less than half his passes and miss g wife open receivers. Once our defense tired out in 4th quarter and couldn’t get pressure he came alive.

We also made Aaron Rodgers look pathetic in playoffs a couple of times by getting pressure on him.

Speak8ng of safeties criticizing QBs

On Monday, Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark was asked on ESPN's "NFL Live" to dissect the New England Patriots, and discussed the best way to beat Tom Brady

"When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you're man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts," Clark said Monday, via Comcast SportsNet New England. "Even when guys aren't around him, even when he's not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we'll see him duck, we'll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots mystique goes away." 

15 hours ago, SaintsFanInLA said:

This guy gets it.

13 hours ago, MikeSmithsNotepad said:

Everytime a Matt Ryan lover defends him its always about stats. Stats sometime don't tell the entire story. Matt has games where he looks great and others where he looks like dog doo-doo. On the games where Matt has WR's make EXCEPTIONAL plays on bad throws, Matt gets the credit. When Matt plays lousy his supporting cast gets ALL of the blame. Just be fair. He had one exceptional season. Other than that he has been Andy Dalton.

NFL stats don't generate themselves, and they definitely don't do it for ten seasons. 

When Matt plays lousy he's the first to admit to it. He does have games he looks average, but he tends to have more where he looks like the top tier NFL QB he is. 

Andy Dalton wishes he was Matt Ryan. There is no real comparison if you look at the numbers (4K seasons, TDs, etc )

Edited by Geneaut
2 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

NFL stats don't generate themselves, and they definitely don't do it for ten seasons. 

When Matt plays lousy he's the first to admit to it. He does have games he looks average, but he tends to have more where he looks like the top tier NFL QB he is. 

Andy Dalton wishes he was Matt Ryan. There is no real comparison if you look at the numbers. 

he has been bad the last 3 weeks come on 

We overpay our skill position players and don't draft for trenches. That simple. Also I believe Ryan would have gladly taken less money if we had given him more of a reason i.e. a Super Bowl worthy line. Lastly, as a rule of the 2016 run I now look at how many 10 year guys we have both on the field and off. When we were Super Bowl worthy we had a great handful of 10-year dudes within the entire organization. Then they left and we realized how important a guy like Chris Chester actually was. I think Gono could possibly be that guy with time but we'll never know. If this organization actually CARED about the real wishes of Falcons fans we'll never know.