" Matt Ryan looks lost ", Rodney Harrison

Spts1

6 minutes ago, RiseUpcollegepark said:

Man that does not mean ****. We got blown out. Matt fumbled twice & threw a int. And stared down receivers while other receivers were wide open. We will NEVER win a SUPER BOWL with Matty **** Icy. Smh. When is Ala QB coming out? The NFL game is changing. A QB must be able to extend plays. So 375 yards don't mean nothing when you play like trash against the Saints, Cowboys, & Browns. Matt Ryan lost to the Browns. Smh. Let that sink in.

And how many did we win with all other other QBs ever? Matt Ryan didnt lose to the Browns the Falcons did. Ryan didn't give up a 92 yd TD run. Look Ryan could def play better but man your bias is ridiculous. Fumbles normally arent a QBa fault. Normally they get smacked because the line gives up a play. Ryan is by far the best player on this team right now so if he needs to go idk who stays

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, southernbird said:

That's always been my biggest problem with Matt. He's not assertive enough. Why he let Sarkesian come here and impose that boring slow developing ******** on him is beyond me. He just won the MVP with a dynamic quick release offense, why did he let Sark get him away from that and regress him? That is on him.

Wrong.  Matt's always been a corporate guy.  The issue is hes been playing majority of his career with defensive head coaches that tell their OC to barely let matt make changes.....where has the no huddle offenses gone since koetter left? This isn't on matt. 

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

He gets paid $150 million not to panic. Thats the difference...

he does NOT get paid 150 million to stand there and get killed either, I don't give a rats a$$ who it is, behind this line, and some of the others Matt's played behind during his time here, yeah, they'd look panicked too....and some of y'all already putting mahomes name in the same sentence as 'elite' is just freaking hilarious.....

1 hour ago, 408Falcon said:

Yes. Rothlisberger, Brady, Mahomes, Goff, Brees.... The top tier QB's... They don't.... They may throw more picks, but they take more chances. They have more FEEL. Ryan is great. I love the guy. But he doesn't have the IT factor. Agree or Disagree. Doesn't matter. He's not getting a Lombardi. Save this. Screenshot. Do whatever. I won't have to eat CROW because this will never happen. I'm not worried. 

Right there with you. We are wasting good players prime years at this point. 

If people don't think Ryan is a problem, fine, get rid of the coach and GM. Something has to give. It's all wrong. Levitre and Fusco don't fix this team. Schraeder is terrible. Can't get man up and get short yardage. Beasley was invisible and has a 5th year and 12 million coming.  Extended the wrong RB, selected the injury prone guy. Bad investments at CB. We are screwed for 3 seasons if they don't take makes some drastic changes soon. 

1 hour ago, 408Falcon said:

Yes. Rothlisberger, Brady, Mahomes, Goff, Brees.... The top tier QB's... They don't.... They may throw more picks, but they take more chances. They have more FEEL. Ryan is great. I love the guy. But he doesn't have the IT factor. Agree or Disagree. Doesn't matter. He's not getting a Lombardi. Save this. Screenshot. Do whatever. I won't have to eat CROW because this will never happen. I'm not worried. 

they all have Above Average to Stellar Oline play as well. All four of our guards and RT have had dreadful years. 

16 minutes ago, isproab said:

Right there with you. We are wasting good players prime years at this point. 

If people don't think Ryan is a problem, fine, get rid of the coach and GM. Something has to give. It's all wrong. Levitre and Fusco don't fix this team. Schraeder is terrible. Can't get man up and get short yardage. Beasley was invisible and has a 5th year and 12 million coming.  Extended the wrong RB, selected the injury prone guy. Bad investments at CB. We are screwed for 3 seasons if they don't take makes some drastic changes soon. 

Freeman wasn't the injury prone one, Coleman was.  Freeman didn't start getting hurt frequently until after he got paid.  I would never have paid someone who complained about money during SUPERBOWL WEEK.

That said, we shouldn't be paying ANY RB or WR top money.  Skill position players need to be good enough to get the job done.  They don't have to be elite, and elite skill position players rarely make up the difference for poor line play.  If you have an elite QB, your best bet is making sure that the OL is as good as it can be.  You're not going to win a lot of games if your 150 million dollar QB is running for his life.

6 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Since we’re quoting Rodney Harrison, how’s about you quote Tony Dungy who said “It’s a good thing Matt Ryan is getting the ball away, because Ryan Schraeder is getting beat like a drum.”

He also said, "Ryan needs to calm down and not try to do everything in one play."  Dungy was just talking to hear himself talk.

4 hours ago, 408Falcon said:

All those guys also have time to throw as well. I think Ryan does get happy feet sometimes, but he doesn’t even have 3 seconds to throw the ball. Brees and Brady typically have all day to scan the field. 

5 hours ago, Byrdman242424 said:

Remember when Kyle Shannahan had people wide open and Matt broke the record for scoring TDS to different players? Brees is about to break that with 5 games left. He does it every year.

He tied it tonight apparently at 13. Even though there’s 5 games left, we’re starting to run out of new players to add to that record. Only ones left that may catch a TD is Brandon Marshall and Taysom Hill.

8 hours ago, 408Falcon said:

Are you guys serious? Matt Ryan does look lost! Mr. My first read is my go to then I'm hosed. A Mahomes. A Goff. A Brees. A top tier QB can improvise. I love Matt. He is not the type to improvise. He is Mr. Deer in headlights!!

Another returd.  One thing is vastly different from the others, and that is the Falcons have a **** oline and does not give M Ryan time like those other qbs that you listed.  Why are people so stupid to see that if the pocket is constantly collapsing, then no qb is going to do good.  Look at Brees last night, dude had all day to throw.  When does M Ryan get time like that?  Someone said Brees had so much time in the pocket he was making grits.  Got ****, M Ryan can't even get a bag of grits open in the pocket, let alone make some like Brees.  But lets keep ignore the oline issues and blame everything on our MVP, Matty Ice.

8 hours ago, 408Falcon said:

Any of us huh? Yeah, we don't get paid millions to train. Soooooo. Yeah he does look panicked and lost and if you've watched the Falcons during Matt's tenure, you'd know he has been this way his whole career. 

Thank you!!! Ryan has always panicked!! If he can’t release the ball in 3 seconds he looks like a baby giraffe trying to run for the first time back there in the pocket!!!!

7 hours ago, Dirty_Bird_0025 said:

Wrong.  Matt's always been a corporate guy.  The issue is hes been playing majority of his career with defensive head coaches that tell their OC to barely let matt make changes.....where has the no huddle offenses gone since koetter left? This isn't on matt. 

And he just sits there and lets it happen, therefore he is not assertive enough. OC after OC. He will never win a Super Bowl.

8 hours ago, Bigbenright said:

Our defense allowed receivers to score, who you probably cannot remember their names. I know that I can't.

Brees threw an interception and fumbled the ball tonite and missed some wide open receivers as well. He however, had a running game and a defense that caused turnovers. He had great pass protection most of the night. 

Brees oline suck. Brees is very good at pre snap reads to get the ball out of his hands in less than 3 sec. Anytime Brees holds the ball he is liable to make mistakes like the int he threw. What separates Brees is his accuracy. His receivers were covered well. He just places the ball where defenders cant knock it down. It just pisses me off that you homers really think Matt Ryan will  win a Super Bowl. And stop talking about our defense. Our investment is on the offensive side of the ball. I expect our defense to give up 50 plus every game. I also expect our offense to score one more pt than our D allows. Did the Rams trash their defense for giving up 50pts. **** no. They went out & did what we all thought they would do. WIN DA GAME without a good defense. So stop with the excuses. Matt is not & will NEVER be the nan to host a LOMBARDI TROPHY. NEVERRRRRRRRR

2 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

Another returd.  One thing is vastly different from the others, and that is the Falcons have a **** oline and does not give M Ryan time like those other qbs that you listed.  Why are people so stupid to see that if the pocket is constantly collapsing, then no qb is going to do good.  Look at Brees last night, dude had all day to throw.  When does M Ryan get time like that?  Someone said Brees had so much time in the pocket he was making grits.  Got ****, M Ryan can't even get a bag of grits open in the pocket, let alone make some like Brees.  But lets keep ignore the oline issues and blame everything on our MVP, Matty Ice.

Matt Ryan is not the reason we are losing this season, but he is not performing like a top-tier QB.  I mention that only because he just signed a top-tier contract.  Ryan can not overcome a poor OL.  Aaron Rodgers can,  Russell Wilson can, even Drew Brees did (when his OL was suspect).  Rodgers can do it all.  Wilson can extend plays with his legs.  Brees does it with pinpoint accuracy.    

Ryan is not accurate (receivers constantly make adjustments to create a completion).  Heck, Julio often has to fight for the ball, instead of being "thrown open".  Ryan has poor mobility, so he rarely extends a play.  Finally, Ryan can not throw the deep ball well.  Yes, there are deep completions, that that is due to excellent WR play rather than beautifully thrown passes.  

People complain about Matt Ryan because he doesn't make game-winning plays.  Like it or not, that is the factor that makes a QB top-tier in this league.

Do I want him gone?  NO.  I am simply trying to explain why Matt Ryan is often criticized.  If he had a smaller compensation, people would probably not slam him much.   It comes with the territory. 

18 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Ryan can not overcome a poor OL.  Aaron Rodgers can,  Russell Wilson can, even Drew Brees did (when his OL was suspect).  Rodgers can do it all.  Wilson can extend plays with his legs.  Brees does it with pinpoint accuracy.    

Ryan is not accurate (receivers constantly make adjustments to create a completion).  Heck, Julio often has to fight for the ball, instead of being "thrown open".  Ryan has poor mobility, so he rarely extends a play.  Finally, Ryan can not throw the deep ball well.  Yes, there are deep completions, that that is due to excellent WR play rather than beautifully thrown passes.  

How has A Rodgers been doing with his crappy oline?  We have seen A Rodgers get injured from his terrible oline, so your point just doesn't make sense.  At least M Ryan is durable enough to withstand the beating.  A Rodgers has less passing yards and less TDs than M Ryan.  Sure Wilson can move around, but the dude has thrown for 1100 yards less than Ryan (not including M Ryan's 377 yards last night) and only 277 rushing yards (BTW, Matt has 97 rushing yards).  All three of these qbs have 30-33 sacks on the season.  Yet M Ryan has the best numbers of all of them.  Brees on the other hand, has all day to throw and is torching defenses because of the added time.  Most qbs can do this with a clean pocket.  BTW, Brees only has taken 10 sacks on the season. 

ALso if we compare M Ryan's career completion % to your god boy A Rodgers, we still see that M Ryan has a higher completion percentage, even though you say he is less accurate than Rodgers.  In fact the past 3 seasons, M Ryan has had a higher completion percentage over Rodgers.  And A Rodgers only has 51 more rushing yards than M Ryan.  Yet again, M Ryan has 2 rushing touchdowns compared to 0 by A Rodgers and 0 by R Wilson. 

Seems like the stat sheets are showing a vastly different story than the one you are trying to tell. 

Edited by dawgsjw