" Matt Ryan looks lost ", Rodney Harrison

Spts1

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, robertap said:

Winning championships is about TEAMS, not individual players.  Brees is kicking butt this year because he has a running game, he has an offensive line, and he has a defense.  Ryan has NONE OF THAT this year.  He doesn't have to have perfection, as 2016 showed, but he does have to have some help.  No help = no Superbowl.

Regardless of whether Ryan has those things, he's having a monster year.  He could still break the NFL passing yards record this year.  He quietly put up 375 yards again today.  But yeah, he's a one trick pony.

No! Brees is not kicking butt because if running game. Brees is elite and teams game plan for him, and he still comes through when needed.

Edited by lanorris41

Shraeder was lost. Ryan actually played a pretty good game. He converted a bunch of fourth downs. Ryan cannot help that his receivers fumbled away points. The football does not always bounce your way. He cannot help that Sark will not call QB sneaks. He cannot help that Shanny's play calling lost the SB.

New Orleans offensive line is playing great. Brees has all day. Brady does not play well when he does not have good protection.

Lastly, Ryan had one of the highest QB rating in the SB ever. 

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

i'll put any one of you morons out there behind this crappy line and let those 290 lb PLUS defensive guys come at you full speed ahead and see if you can NOT look like you're panicked or lost....  god what a bunch of idiots we have on this message board

Actually you're the idiot. Tired of holding my tongue about this crap. Anytime you, and certain others don't agree with someone....there goes the insults, morons, idiots, yada, yada, yada. I've seen it over and over and over again. That same old story gets old. Would it be too much to ask to maybe show a little class and explain why you disagree without also throwing insults around to everyone who happens to have a different opinion that you????.And you're certainly not the only one. That s**t gets old.

And for the record...I'm a big MR fan.

Edited by gp_74

16 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

Remember when Kyle Shannahan had people wide open and Matt broke the record for scoring TDS to different players? Brees is about to break that with 5 games left. He does it every year. Matt had one anomaly season. Stop. 

One anomaly season is a reach.  Matt has been consistently one of the better QBs in the league.  Why do you think there’s always an elite or not argument?

And furthermore, You’re making my point.  When the play design and playcalling are there Matt is superb.  He’s not an athletic QB, he’s a pocket passer.  He’s cerebral.  When Boy Wonder left, the creativity and well oiled machine that this offense had became went out the window as well.

We brought a guy in who had never called nfl plays a day in his life.  Your awesome coach Dan Quinn thought, “hey I have the players so anybody can calls plays for them.”  NEWSFLASH...it doesn’t work like that.

The reason the Rams, who run our same offense, are able to put up so many points and move the ball at will is because of Sean McVay. You can have all the pieces, but if you don’t know how to use the pieces then what good are you?

5 minutes ago, Sipifalcon said:

Matt didn't play well tonite but his line effin sux to the 10th power...

Matt played as well as you can play IF NOT BETTER when you:

1.  Don’t have a running game (I believe he led the team in rushing yards)

2.  Have constant pressure in your face.

3.  Had receivers fumble away TD drives.

Give any non-mobile quarterback those same 3 things and see how well they fare.

Just now, RiseUpFalcs said:

Lol wrong. Oh so wrong. You mean to tell me teams don’t have to plan for Kamara and Ingram? Dude...you’re an idiot.

Brees been doing it way before Kamara and Ingram got there. And it sad that your heart is in this to the point you have to be so offensive. I'll be that idiot if it helps you sleep at night.

Just now, lanorris41 said:

Brees been doing it way before Kamara and Ingram got there. And it sad that your heart is in this to the point you have to be so offensive. I'll be that idiot if it helps you sleep at night.

You mean when Brees and the Saints were know as the 7-9ers in the not too distant past? Ok...again...Brees without run game and an OLine was a 7-9 guy but don’t let the facts get in the way of you being an idiot. 

1 minute ago, lanorris41 said:

Brees has never played as well as he has played this year. He had several down years recently when the Saints were not sniffing the playoffs. He threw a lot of interceptions during that time because he had to carry his team like Ryan has to do with all of our injuries.The Saints' OL is playing extremely well this year. The Saints ran the ball extremely well tonight and all year. Brees only has one SB and still may not win one this year. Do not get me wrong Brees has been great. Ryan has had very few good OLs and Defenses. 

Ryan and Brees both own a lot of NFL passing records. People forget how good Ryan actually is.

14 minutes ago, robertap said:

Winning championships is about TEAMS, not individual players.  Brees is kicking butt this year because he has a running game, he has an offensive line, and he has a defense.  Ryan has NONE OF THAT this year.  He doesn't have to have perfection, as 2016 showed, but he does have to have some help.  No help = no Superbowl.

Regardless of whether Ryan has those things, he's having a monster year.  He could still break the NFL passing yards record this year.  He quietly put up 375 yards again today.  But yeah, he's a one trick pony.

Man that does not mean ****. We got blown out. Matt fumbled twice & threw a int. And stared down receivers while other receivers were wide open. We will NEVER win a SUPER BOWL with Matty **** Icy. Smh. When is Ala QB coming out? The NFL game is changing. A QB must be able to extend plays. So 375 yards don't mean nothing when you play like trash against the Saints, Cowboys, & Browns. Matt Ryan lost to the Browns. Smh. Let that sink in.

1 hour ago, 408Falcon said:

Any of us huh? Yeah, we don't get paid millions to train. Soooooo. Yeah he does look panicked and lost and if you've watched the Falcons during Matt's tenure, you'd know he has been this way his whole career. 

You're right he does. You missed the point though. He's literally running for his life and head constantly on swivel looking for somebody to take his head off. Mack can't help both guards at the same time, while Schrader is a professional matador.

Well if Matt Ryan is not on this team Jesus would we win a game? The dude threw for 377 and had more yards rushing than the entire rest of the team. The receivers fumbled away basically 2 TDs and Ridley did drop a long pass that would have been a tough grab but it hit his hands.We had like 10 yards rushing outside of Ryan. So if you guys thing Ryan is the issue here I am not really sure we are watching the same thing. 

22 minutes ago, Bigbenright said:

Shraeder was lost. Ryan actually played a pretty good game. He converted a bunch of fourth downs. Ryan cannot help that his receivers fumbled away points. The football does not always bounce your way. He cannot help that Sark will not call QB sneaks. He cannot help that Shanny's play calling lost the SB.

That's always been my biggest problem with Matt. He's not assertive enough. Why he let Sarkesian come here and impose that boring slow developing ******** on him is beyond me. He just won the MVP with a dynamic quick release offense, why did he let Sark get him away from that and regress him? That is on him.

3 minutes ago, RiseUpcollegepark said:

Man that does not mean ****. We got blown out. Matt fumbled twice & threw a int. And stared down receivers while other receivers were wide open. We will NEVER win a SUPER BOWL with Matty **** Icy. Smh. When is Ala QB coming out? The NFL game is changing. A QB must be able to extend plays. So 375 yards don't mean nothing when you play like trash against the Saints, Cowboys, & Browns. Matt Ryan lost to the Browns. Smh. Let that sink in.

Our defense allowed receivers to score, who you probably cannot remember their names. I know that I can't.

Brees threw an interception and fumbled the ball tonite and missed some wide open receivers as well. He however, had a running game and a defense that caused turnovers. He had great pass protection most of the night.