Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D.B.N.

Kazee must start next year

29 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Should have never given Allen that three year deal. Kazee > Allen and it is not even close. 

He was the best player in secondary all preseason. He deserved to start game 1 this year, but it’s a TAFT farce that Quinn has open competition. 

See also Foye > Duke in preseason. 

D.B.N. likes this

Yal do realize Kazee's #1 job is to keep stuff in front of him. The interceptions are great but they are negated by big TDs too often. I love him but with Rico I dont recall a quarter of the big plays or TDs. He has shown he can play in this league and has an uncanny knack for the ball but needs to sure up tackling and coverage responsibility 

kiwifalcon, Kend789, wilco and 2 others like this

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He was the best player in secondary all preseason. He deserved to start game 1 this year, but it’s a TAFT farce that Quinn has open competition. 

See also Foye > Duke in preseason. 

Foye >>> Duke and it is not even close 

Vandy and Dirty_Bird_0025 like this

6 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Yal do realize Kazee's #1 job is to keep stuff in front of him. The interceptions are great but they are negated by big TDs too often. I love him but with Rico I dont recall a quarter of the big plays or TDs. He has shown he can play in this league and has an uncanny knack for the ball but needs to sure up tackling and coverage responsibility 

The big TDs are more the fault of our weak LBs, SS, and CBs than it is Kazee. 

13 minutes ago, shock said:

Nah bro. A FS is supposed to be the last line of defense. His angles are bad a lot of the time. Expected though as he is a 1st yr starter forced by injury. Rico sures things up. With Rico we wont get 8 picks but maybe 2-4. We also dont get teams throwing for 3 tds every week. He stays and he gets a role but I want Rico patrolling rhe back end. 

Mid-Nite-Toker and wilco like this

1 hour ago, Power I said:

I 100% agree. Rico and Kazee at safety, Neal at WLB. Neal would be equal to or better than Thomas Davis.

That would be pretty light in the britches up the middle. Kazee and Allen are both undersized safeties.

2 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Should have never given Allen that three year deal. Kazee > Allen and it is not even close. 

This is one of the biggest problems with this defense right now - it does not have the on-the-field leadership of Allen and Deion right now.

Kazee should actually be in Poole's spot.

3 hours ago, shock said:

Or do the cbs look bad because of safety play? They never looked this bad with Rico and Neal back there. 

Rico got everybody where they needed to be every play. Neal scares the **** out of receivers. 

People have severely underplayed us losing both safeties this year. There's a reason the position is called 'safety' 

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Or do the cbs look bad because of safety play? They never looked this bad with Rico and Neal back there. 

Rico got everybody where they needed to be every play. Neal scares the **** out of receivers. 

People have severely underplayed us losing both safeties this year. There's a reason the position is called 'safety' 

Based on the bolded part, I thought Rico was the toughest loss to overcome on defense.

3 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

I won't go that far that as Allen deserved a deal but Kazee is very special.  I'm not going to look back for that post I made a while back but I said it then that Kazee will be the better player but he will give up more plays than Allen. I would endorse Allen to replace Poole at NB.  I like Poole but he has become a sloppy tackler and only ok in coverage.

shock likes this

3 hours ago, Stryka said:

Nah bro. A FS is supposed to be the last line of defense. His angles are bad a lot of the time. Expected though as he is a 1st yr starter forced by injury. Rico sures things up. With Rico we wont get 8 picks but maybe 2-4. We also dont get teams throwing for 3 tds every week. He stays and he gets a role but I want Rico patrolling rhe back end. 

This.

Kazee is only getting significant playing time now though. Hopefully the experience will be good for him. Needs to learn how to tackle. When he misses, it's very noticeable. He does have a nose for the ball, but he gives up a lot of stuff too.

3 hours ago, Stryka said:

Correct.

I don't recall Rico missing to many open field tackles I've seen Kazee miss 2 the last 2 weeks that gave up TDs.

I agree we need to find a spot for him but I'm getting that trio of Rico Neal and Debo back ASAP before thinking about starting Kazee at FS.