lju713

Which position would you like to see filled with a FA or draft pick?

29 posts in this topic

We have alot of expiring contracts and 1 yr deals coming off the books this off-season. The DL will be thin with Reed,Shelby,Irvin(resign),and McClain being FA so we will have to draft and sign some players. The FA list looks good, as does the draft. Schrader is regressing and I want a dog at RT, be it a FA or a pick. We need to infuse this team with more talent, and build the trenches up. Starting with paying Jarrett.

Edited by lju713

A D-lineman to compliment Jarrett --- don't care where he comes from, FA or the Draft! 

Then, dispose of #44 and get a true QB killer, preferably young and through the draft!!!  
And it wouldn't hurt to bolster our secondary --- Trufant & Alford have been atrocious this year, so far...

3 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

A D-lineman to compliment Jarrett --- don't care where he comes from, FA or the Draft! 

Then, dispose of #44 and get a true QB killer, preferably young and through the draft!!!  
And it wouldn't hurt to bolster our secondary --- Trufant & Alford have been atrocious this year, so far...

I really think Senat is gonna be that dude. Just need to add a rotational piece.

i agree with dumping Beasley. He is wasting snaps at this point. I would be all for one in FA and in the draft (pass rusher)

FalconJim likes this

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

I really think Senat is gonna be that dude. Just need to add a rotational piece.

We have to get two FA O line men, preferably a Guard and  a Tackle to protect Ryan and to create a valid running game.  We don't have time to train draft choices on the O Line. we need experienced people who can come in and play right away.  We can draft for D Line help, young bulls can come in and KILL. We need to draft a decent RB, and for Pete's sake, we need a competent Kick and Punt returner. 

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

We have to get two FA O line men, preferably a Guard and  a Tackle to protect Ryan and to create a valid running game.  We don't have time to train draft choices on the O Line. we need experienced people who can come in and play right away.  We can draft for D Line help, young bulls can come in and KILL. We need to draft a decent RB, and for Pete's sake, we need a competent Kick and Punt returner. 

That’s what I think too, draft another DT, find a OG or two that can play right away (FA, high draft pick). Not easy to get great OL talent in FA though. I am curious what they do with Levitre, he is good when he is actually healthy. 

treboyplay likes this

17 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

We have to get two FA O line men, preferably a Guard and  a Tackle to protect Ryan and to create a valid running game.  We don't have time to train draft choices on the O Line. we need experienced people who can come in and play right away.  We can draft for D Line help, young bulls can come in and KILL. We need to draft a quality BIG BRUISER RB, and for Pete's sake, we need a competent Kick and Punt returner. 

This.Once I fixed it for ya...

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

OG. It will be. They do not have time to waste or for Ryan to wait for a rookie to learn. Teams using the Alex Gibbs/ Shanahan/ WCO zone-block scheme rarey draft einterior OGs hihg in the draft.

FalconsFanSC likes this

We need a CB who is not afraid of being torched and will knock the snot out of WR off the line.  No disruption of timing is root of our problem with the pass rush. 

5 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

DE, CB, OG, RT (though I am still on the Gono train) OLB, OC (draft to groom), backup QB.

I wonder if he is a G. I know they like him at T, but he is athletic and he need a G that can pull or get to the next level of the D.

2 hours ago, 11=team said:

We need a CB who is not afraid of being torched and will knock the snot out of WR off the line.  No disruption of timing is root of our problem with the pass rush. 

Greedy Williams,Michael Jackson, and the kid from Clemson(McCullen i think) all fit the bill of the CB we need. I think we need to be aggressive this offseason and get what this team needs on D.

7 hours ago, lju713 said:

I wonder if he is a G. I know they like him at T, but he is athletic and he need a G that can pull or get to the next level of the D.

Everything I have read said he is an prototypical LT. I am fornputting him wherever he can help though. If he can replace schreader it open up some cap space to bring in a FA proven guard. 

I think they will bring Fusco back, not sure what they do w Levitre. It’s a shame because he can play but he is always hurt.

We will probably be able to go in the draft with a lot of needs and unless we get the urge to trade up, we should probably draft the best player available for one of those positions (CB? DE? OL?).

As for FA, unless we can find a way to shed declining players (creating more needs), we may be very limited.  They are often too expensive and often not considered worth a higher price by their former teams.  On the other hand, draft picks are a much cheaper option that can be easily shed if they fail (assuming a team can give up on them). 

As for quality, it is true that a rookie requires training and conditioning for the differences of the NFL vs. college, but as we experienced 2 years ago and New Orleans last year, they can also be great surprises if drafted correctly.

DE and then move Beasley to OLB.

Then...work on OL....Guard in particular.

Fire Sarkesian....hire Tom Brady as OC when he eventually retires.  

SB champs within 3 years of hiring Brady.   

2 hours ago, jm_falcons said:

DE and then move Beasley to OLB.

Then...work on OL....Guard in particular.

Fire Sarkesian....hire Tom Brady as OC when he eventually retires.  

SB champs within 3 years of hiring Brady.   

Beasley is not a linebacker....that is where he played most of 2017...and was a big reason why his sack totals were down

RT and Linebacker are the biggest needs imo

usually when the line struggle it is from the right side.

And while I know every one wants a pass rusher and we need another couple (you can never have too many) the fact that teams can get guys so open so quickly has hindered the pass rush alot.