Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spts1

Losing teams change uniforms every few years. Falcons need to go back to the Red and Black

32 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Brilliant analysis mate. Really wish you were our GM we would be winning superbowls every season. If only Cleveland knew how close they are to being a contender. Gotta keep this mind-blowing secret here in forum though. Imagine if it got out and other bad team GM's starting switching uniforms. There wouldn't be enough playoff spots for all of these teams breaking out of their slumps. 

giphy.gif

Sooooo, we're losing because we changed our unis and not because of Quinn's mismanagement, defense let downs, offense scoring/mental lapses, and everyone just wants to get paid and dance at practices? 

Ok, gotcha!

Any uniform looks good when you win.  

The Steelers look good when they hoist a Lombardi.  When they lose, they look like a high school team.  The same goes for the Packers.

The Vikings were celebrated Purple People Eaters, when they were tough.  Any other time, they look like a tacky LSU rehash.

I don't care what we wear, though the old Falcon logo illicits a nauseous reflect in me.......too many pathetic seasons under that logo.

We are a losing team now, so it is a good bet that some uni change will happen........gotta sell those jerseys.    

Flying Falcon likes this

4 hours ago, etherdome said:

Any uniform looks good when you win.  

The Steelers look good when they hoist a Lombardi.  When they lose, they look like a high school team.  The same goes for the Packers.

The Vikings were celebrated Purple People Eaters, when they were tough.  Any other time, they look like a tacky LSU rehash.

I don't care what we wear, though the old Falcon logo illicits a nauseous reflect in me.......too many pathetic seasons under that logo.

We are a losing team now, so it is a good bet that some uni change will happen........gotta sell those jerseys.    

And THATS the reason I started this thread.  Losing organizations come up with GIMMICKS to keep selling tickets.  Just keep your original uniforms and improve the product.  People make fun of the Browns but they basically have kept their same plain ugly uniforms from the beginning.   They are one of the few franchises that has resisted making a wholesale change of their uniforms as a gimmick to keep fans there.  It helps that the Browns have a TRADITION from the old days that their fans will never forget so they show up even when the Browns are losing.

Edited by slickgadawg

I don't think we should go back to the original 66's because we won back then. We certainly didn't.

i think we should go back to them because they look the BEST of any uniform we had. I didn't think that until we wore them as a throwback that one season. Those are EXTREMELY SHARP uniforms.

We could design something very close, and just use the new logo. 

Edited by since68andcounting