Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Will Matt Ryan win a Lombardi for the Falcons before he retires?

96 posts in this topic

Do you guys think that Matt Ryan will win a Lombardi for the Falcons before he retires? If so what year do you think it is most likely to happen? I personally think Dan Quinn and the Falcons front office will draft really well this offseason. I predict we will most likely win the Lombardi in 2019 or 2020 season. I predict the Atlanta curse of not having a Championship will end at 25 years. What do you guys think? 

Vandy and Faithful Falcon like this

Always have a shot as long as Matt can have his play at this level.

Who can put a number on it?

This is why the fire Quinn crowd would have to realize you would go through another rebuild.

Let Quinn finish making his touches on the roster and get some key injured players back.

I still see this as a team with a glass half full that would be ahead of the Panthers in the division today if things went our way. And in spite of the injuries? We feasibly only lost 2 games convincingly. All it takes is putting it together and if you get some key plays back it matters.

We will need 2019 to be a 2016 or 2018 kind of draft.

Debo, Neal, Hooper, Campbell all remain at minimum serviceable starters to pro bowlers.

Takk, Kazee and I guess the rest of 2017 was a sacrifice to get one ballhawk and hopefully a franchise DE in Takk before it’s all over. Duke/Harlow/Hill/Saubert ???

Ridley, Oliver(TBD?), Senat, Smith, Foye(replaces Duke at least??), Gage TBD? they are all still rookies TBD lol.

So generally we land starters or solid year 1 depth. 

One thing that must change is the state of OL.

My heart says yes he will --- but my gut says, no. 
I don't think we'll ever bring in the needed talent around him, i.e., "big uglies" up front, and a LARGE go-to running back to get those tough yards. 
I hope I'm wrong, 'cause the other offensive talent is here already...

4 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I definitely think Dan Quinn is the best coach for this particular team. They really are buying into the brotherhood mindset.

Yeah, but Dan Quinn has them embracing the suck! Most people will take the easier path. Sure looks like this team is.

His most likely times would be next year or the year after.

Need to make a push while Ryan's still in his prime, before Julio slows down, and before we have to replace the entire OL.

If everyone was healthy...2 good OL, 2 good DL and a TE would make us a 12-4 type team (assuming people are trying.)

Ryan will go out like Elway.

Not saying that he will be a back to back champion, but he will finally win that SB title that will change his legacy forever and put his entire career into proper perspective amongst the masses.

FalconJim likes this

57 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Ryan will go out like Elway.

Not saying that he will be a back to back champion, but he will finally win that SB title that will change his legacy forever and put his entire career into proper perspective amongst the masses.

I could see that happening. Or like Peyton Manning where the defense carries him to one.

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Lol at people suggesting 2020 at the earliest. Ryan is one or two lineman and a healthy Freeman away from having an offense basically like the saints 

Not quite..............he doesn’t have an offensive coordinator with any originality  nor a head coach with the aggressive mindset!!

2016 was our window. You have to win it while you're there (and up 28-2) and take advantage of the opportunity because you never know when you will get back. That SB window for this team shut and closed when we lost that SB.

Why are people saying 2020? Ryan is 33.

I think it is entirely possible if not likely Ryan plays well till 38.

That puts us at 2023, if not later.

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Lol at people suggesting 2020 at the earliest. Ryan is one or two lineman and a healthy Freeman away from having an offense basically like the saints 

And our defense will be really good next year IMO.

28 minutes ago, TSprings said:

Hopefully he plays well into his 40's like Brady and Bree's. 

2 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

2016 was his best shot 

Every 4 years since 2008 has been his best shot. Since we've been in the NFC South. Every 4 years since 2004 playing the AFC West. 

1 hour ago, TSprings said:

1: The Falcons have shown that since they've been in the NFC South, our team is only contenders once every 4 years playing the AFC West since 2004 (which includes 2008, 2012, 2016). You could also count 2010 playing the NFC West. Until that changes I'm still going by that. We have shown that we are usually a mediocre team playing the AFC East or NFC East except for 2012 and 2017, and we have missed the playoffs most of the time playing the AFC North and AFC South too.

2. Matt Ryan's stats are only great during even numbered seasons, but odd numbered seasons he's off. Therefore, 2019 will probably be a drop off for the offense again, and that's not even including all the changes this roster is gonna have to go through with the free agency and cap space. I expect the 2019 Falcons to be a lot worse than this year, probably 2007 or 2013 bad TBH before we come out of no where in 2020.

3. This defense won't be fixed in 1 year if you're being realistic. It's going to take the Falcons at least 2 years to recover from this 2018 debacle and get IR players back in shape, and if our 2018 draft went well along with our 2019 draft, then those players will peak on our team by 2020 along with the good players on our roster already here. Once again, it's going to take at least another season for the O-line and the D-line to get fixed.

Edited by mqg96