Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconcheff

2 things Quinn needs to keep in mind Thursday...

34 posts in this topic

Yeah I'll be really happy if New Orleans goes for it on 4th down...because that will mean the Falcons actually got them to 4th down.

That being said....I'd say they are pretty good on 4th down.  11 conversions in 12 attempts on the season.

One of the reasons they have the best offense of all time so far this year.

Pay the Zebra and West Sider like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, outside of an upset win, my greatest hope is that if they have half their team joining in on a "team photo" celebration while beating us in a blowout, someone on our team does something about it. 

I'm glad the NFL has loosened the celebration rules and let guys have fun, but when guys not even in the game are running in to join in the celebration, it's a bit much and really should be a penalty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

Quinn's comments after the game:

Well, we certainly didn't play like we are capable of. 

We'll go home, and get back to work for our next opponent, and we'll be ready.

It's a next man up mentality around here, and that's what we'll do.

We need to look at ourselves in the mirror and ask ourselves what we can do better.

They've got a good football team, and it showed today.

Obviously, you don't want to lose, and lose by that many points

I thought Matt played well, but the drops and the turnovers didn't help.

The blocked punt was bad, and we need to work on those things.

I'm going to go home and polish my head and get back to work next Tuesday.

My brothers and I are going to continue to self-scout ourselves, because football comes down to two things: mindset and juice.

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Just dont embarrass Falcons nation more than they already have.

I see this game as obvious LOSS.

Most of us would be delusional to think we will beat them.

All I want to see is 100% committment in their efforts and execution.

Im excited about next years draft. 

Exactly. Put up a good fight and I'll be satisfied.  Get rolled because you underestimate how little respect they have for us and I'll be pizzed.  I will genuinely be surprised if they punt on anything less than 4th and 7.  I NEED for the team to understand that a 3rd down stop is not the end of their drive!  I also NEED to see some fire and aggression, not passively sit back and let Brees and Co pick us apart.  If they're going to put up 50 on us, I'd rather it be by beating house blitzes and getting hits on Brees even after the play.  We simply do not have the defensive chops to stop them; making Brees uncomfortable is the only way to have a chance... and that ain't gonna happen with 3 or 4 man rushes.  Period...

FalconJim likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

Quinn's comments after the game:

Well, we certainly didn't play like we are capable of. 

We'll go home, and get back to work for our next opponent, and we'll be ready.

It's a next man up mentality around here, and that's what we'll do.

We need to look at ourselves in the mirror and ask ourselves what we can do better.

They've got a good football team, and it showed today.

Obviously, you don't want to lose, and lose by that many points

I thought Matt played well, but the drops and the turnovers didn't help.

The blocked punt was bad, and we need to work on those things.

I'm going to go home and polish my head and get back to work next Tuesday.

 

Wow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sandtrap said:

There 9s only 1 eat to stop the saints and that's with a solid rush. If sf don't have a solid rush with our front 4, then send 5. Send 5 from different spots. Don't let Brees get comfortable in the pocket. Blitz him and make him uncomfortable. That's they only way to beat them. 

Manuel doesn't blitz. I think it's against his religion. His genius plan is to rush 3 and drop 8 players back into the widest, loosest, softest, weakest, most defenseless zone he can deploy. :lol:

sandtrap, FalconJim and 4dabirds like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Manuel doesn't blitz. I think it's against his religion. His genius plan is to rush 3 and drop 8 players back into the widest, loosest, softest, weakest, most defenseless zone he can deploy. :lol:

That's on Quinn. If he wanted the defense to blitz more, you better believe Manuel would be dialing up more blitzes. 

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sandtrap said:

There 9s only 1 eat to stop the saints and that's with a solid rush. If sf don't have a solid rush with our front 4, then send 5. Send 5 from different spots. Don't let Brees get comfortable in the pocket. Blitz him and make him uncomfortable. That's they only way to beat them. 

I don't think it's a good idea to blitz Brees at all this guy eats that up.

If you do you have to be very selective.

We just gotta hope we get something more than we've seen out of our front 4.

Pass rush is important but our Run defense of late has been dire this is where we need to improve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites