TRUju2111

5 baffling decisions that lead to Cowboys victory

85 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Doesn't make sense to me. Either way a defensive stop gets the ball back to the offense with plenty of time. 

Is it better to have 1 minute left or 1:30 left? Pretty simple explanation of which one is better.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Is it better to have 1 minute left or 1:30 left? Pretty simple explanation of which one is better.

Is it better to have 2 timeouts or 3 timeouts? Pretty simple explanation of which is better. 

8 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Is it better to have 2 timeouts or 3 timeouts? Pretty simple explanation of which is better. 

Of course it's better to have 3 timeouts. But those 30-40 seconds are more important than 1 timeout.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Of course it's better to have 3 timeouts. But those 30-40 seconds are more important than 1 timeout.

Not really. An additional timeout allows you one more opportunity to use the entire field. You don't have to worry about getting out of bounds or wasting a down spiking the ball. Everything is wide open for the offense one additional time. 

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

I thought it was strange also when he called that first timeout.  Its as if Quinn is coaching for the other team.

I have no idea what he’s thinking. 

Much as he did in SB, Looks like he just plain chokes.

Flying Falcon and Spts1 like this

44 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Doesn’t matter to me. The fact we waisted our T.O.’s to give an opponent’s offense time to think and get set was the dumber part to me. 

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Did they not stop them in crunch time the previous possession to allow the offense to tie the game? Had he not attempted to save time to allow the offense to get the ball back folks would be *****ing about that too. How do I know this? Because the 3rd or 4th game of the season there was threads on here *****ing about the Falcons not using their timeouts to let the offense have 1 last shot. I think it was the Bengals game. Dan Quinn was in a no win situation with folks on here.

Dan Quinn’s situational coaching moves and lack thereof have stunk up the joint all season long. He deserves everything he’s gotten criticized for, and frankly more. Can’t believe you’re defending him on that.

I have no idea why you are arguing for something that was such an obvious dumb coaching move, at least it was to me.... but let’s just move on, as i’ll Just be repeating what I said previously.

Happy Thanksgiving, 567. 

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

I have no idea what he’s thinking. 

Much as he did in SB, Looks like he just plain chokes.

Exactly. Look,  great defenses dictate to the offense. You WANT Dallas scrambling with the clock running. THATS  when you dial up a safe run or passing blitz depending on what you see Dallas coming out in. Quinn seems unsure of himself and plays it safe. The timeouts might be so he can gather HIS thoughts...

Flying Falcon and Vandy like this

Let me say something else also that almost came into play. If Dallas was in field goal range about 45 seconds sooner than they were I would have let them score a touchdown. Theres a grey area where you have to commit either way if your  defense cant stop them.  Dallas was one play ahead of ME as a headcoach making that decision. I know it sounds crazy. I looked at the clock and decided that letting them score still wouldn't have left the Falcons enough time to drive the field.

Flying Falcon likes this

5 hours ago, Vandy said:

Doesn’t matter to me. The fact we waisted our T.O.’s to give an opponent’s offense time to think and get set was the dumber part to me. 

I agree.