k-train

Deion Jones a longshot to play vs Saints?

31 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

:lol:

I was seeing everyone here ask if he'll be playing against Dallas & I was literally shaking my head.  Even if he was 100% healed, it takes time to get his body back & I bet his foot isn't 100% yet either.  I just don't get it.  At this point, I want him to rehab until he is back to his old self.  

He had been practicing for two weeks.  He was on the scout team the week before.  I just think he's having some continuing pain so they are like why bother.

But there were people on this board a couple of weeks ago thinking that Devonta Freeman was going to jump back into the starting RB role in game 15 after basically taking the whole season off from games and practice.  The idea that Deion could have stepped back in after practicing two weeks doesn't seem that far fetched.

Since he still isn't ready, maybe the Falcons brought him back to practice too early.

God I hope not. We need him next year. He's no use to us this year, it's over. Rather get my man healthy and back for when we have a shot

4 hours ago, caponine said:

he’s not which means Kamara gonnarun wild. Gotta keep that offense and our defense off the field. Which means long methodical drives. 

True. Plus, we never know. Duke may have a good homecoming.

2 hours ago, Peyton said:

He had been practicing for two weeks.  He was on the scout team the week before.  I just think he's having some continuing pain so they are like why bother.

But there were people on this board a couple of weeks ago thinking that Devonta Freeman was going to jump back into the starting RB role in game 15 after basically taking the whole season off from games and practice.  The idea that Deion could have stepped back in after practicing two weeks doesn't seem that far fetched.

Since he still isn't ready, maybe the Falcons brought him back to practice too early.

Being fully back in action at top game speed & “practicing” 2 weeks on a level of acclimation are two separate things imo.

Clearly, my initial thought process is closer to reality than those who thought he might be starting the past two Sundays.  It bodes true even more so now knowing he’ll not be playing this week as well.

He’s an elite MLB & I have no qualms whatsoever allowing him more time.  

Hindsight is always 20/20 but we’d all be more in the know if we were actually viewing his practices first hand.  I guess I never envisioned him practicing full tilt anyways brother Peyton.