slickgadawg

Which will happen first? Atlanta wins a Superbowl or a NFL team goes undefeated?

Which will happen first?   35 members have voted

1. 1. Which will happen first?

• Falcons win a Superbowl
    • A team goes undefeated

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

71 posts in this topic

The Falcons currently are among 5 NFL teams to have never won a NFL, AFL or Superbowl championship of any kind.   Those teams are the Falcons, Bengals, Jaguars, Panthers and Texans with the Falcons being in the league the longest.   The NFL undefeated streak has been going on since 1972 and the Falcons streak has been going on since 1966.  Which will be broke first?  I'm leaning toward a team going undefeated first because you have different teams that get hot.  The Falcons went 18 years between Superbowl appearances but you have a team get hot every few years and tease going undefeated.

32 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

The Falcons currently are among 5 NFL teams to have never won a NFL, AFL or Superbowl championship of any kind.   Those teams are the Falcons, Bengals, Jaguars, Panthers and Texans with the Falcons being in the league the longest.   The NFL undefeated streak has been going on since 1972 and the Falcons streak has been going on since 1966.  Which will be broke first?  I'm leaning toward a team going undefeated first because you have different teams that get hot.  The Falcons went 18 years between Superbowl appearances but you have a team get hot every few years and tease going undefeated.

Three of those teams are just too young to have done so, although CAR and even JAX had their chance.  Based on age, I'm shocked at CIN though.

9 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Three of those teams are just too young to have done so, although CAR and even JAX had their chance.  Based on age, I'm shocked at CIN though.

The Bengals got close back in the Icky Shuffle days...:D

Image result for ickey shuffle gif

Edited by slickgadawg
Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

7 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

The Bengals got close back in the Icky Shuffle days...:D

Image result for ickey shuffle gif

Haha, I remember!  They went to a couple bowls and lost to the Cowgirls at least once.

1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Haha, I remember!  They went to a couple bowls and lost to the Cowgirls at least once.

They lost to the 49ers twice. 

13 minutes ago, E. T. said:

At this point, Atlanta may be the only team without a championship. Bengals, Panthers, Jags, and Texans are improving and making their push.

Panthers are 6-4, Bengals are 5-5, and Jaguars are 3-7. But they're improving and making their push?

BTW, Bengals just set a record for giving up 500 yards on defense in 3 straight games. First time in NFL history. The Eagles just set the record for worst loss by a defending SB champion in history. The Chiefs just became the first time to score 50 plus points and lose. Chiefs also tied the 1966 Giants as the only teams in NFL history to have to losses in a season in games in which they scored over 40 points. So, my point is, Falcons aren't the only team that sets dubious records.

TNFalcon1 likes this

19 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think Matt Ryan will get us a Lombardi by 2020.

Unfortunately, management and coaching seem to be conspiring to prevent it.

35 minutes ago, octoslash said:

They lost to the 49ers twice. 

Yep, I remember watching the one in 1988 when Tim Krumrie's leg snapped just like Alex Smith's. Nasty.

15 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

1972 Miami Dolphins went a perfect 17-0. But you know, guess no one is a history major on this board.

If only there was a magical thing where you could look anything up.

And if there was only a way we could access it from our home or better yet on us every second of every day.

These lazy sunsa a beeches never had to look **** up on microfiche 

what-is-microfiche-800x800.jpg

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

If only there was a magical thing where you could look anything up.

And if there was only a way we could access it from our home or better yet on us every second of every day.

These lazy sunsa a beeches never had to look **** up on microfiche 

what-is-microfiche-800x800.jpg

I've never used one of those but I do remember using the card catalog to look up stuff at the library.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I've never used one of those but I do remember using the card catalog to look up stuff at the library.

You had to look up which card to use and then put it that thing and then search for what you wanted to find.

If/when you found it you then had to write it down and make sure to note the source for the bibliography.

I think some more advanced versions copied the page for you but the ones I used didn't have that.

You had to do things for yourselves.

Today's generation is a bunch of f'ing crybabies? 

I have to work past 4 PM?!

I have to use a key to unlock the car door?!  

I have to turn my head around in order to see what's behind the car?!

I have to get up to turn the TV off?!

Falconsfan567 likes this