Jump to content

Austin Hooper


Vandy
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Biscuits&Gravy said:

Hoop is one of the few that has really stepped up his game.

To be honest... I was one of the doubters at the beginning but he has change my thoughts on him and I like what I see so far.

A great addition to our team.

also working with Ryan in the off-season was a smart move.

 

 

Yea Julio could leanr something from that. JJ needs to be at all OTA's and do more with Ryan in the off season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Biscuits&Gravy said:

Hoop is one of the few that has really stepped up his game.

To be honest... I was one of the doubters at the beginning but he has change my thoughts on him and I like what I see so far.

A great addition to our team.

also working with Ryan in the off-season was a smart move.

 

 

My man Hoop proving the doubters wrong. Props

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

He's playing like Tony G in his years here. He doesn't have Tony G's Chief speed but he is getting sure handed and fast. There is no reason why with Hooper, Julio, Ridley, and Matt that this team shouldn't be putting up 30 points a game.

Need a decent OL for 30+ against good defenses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like i'm truly the only person who showed support for Hoop all throughout last season into the offseason and all of this season. The guy has never been as awful as you guys have made him out to be, problem is he's not that athletic playmaker that you guys want to replace him with. The dude is special. He's gonna make mistakes just like everyone else but he's not nearly as bad as you guys have made him out to be. I'm so proud that he put in the work that he did

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I feel like i'm truly the only person who showed support for Hoop all throughout last season into the offseason and all of this season. The guy has never been as awful as you guys have made him out to be, problem is he's not that athletic playmaker that you guys want to replace him with. The dude is special. He's gonna make mistakes just like everyone else but he's not nearly as bad as you guys have made him out to be. I'm so proud that he put in the work that he did

Nah Fam. Loved Hoop since we drafted him. TE is a very difficult position to adjust to in the league. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I feel like i'm truly the only person who showed support for Hoop all throughout last season into the offseason and all of this season. The guy has never been as awful as you guys have made him out to be, problem is he's not that athletic playmaker that you guys want to replace him with. The dude is special. He's gonna make mistakes just like everyone else but he's not nearly as bad as you guys have made him out to be. I'm so proud that he put in the work that he did

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I was always blocking for Hooper. I didn’t make a Jimmy Graham thread or anything like that...:ninja:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

Yea Julio could leanr something from that. JJ needs to be at all OTA's and do more with Ryan in the off season.

Serious question, but what purpose would Julio serve at camp other than teaching the younger players. He's at the top of his game and doesn't need any additional reps to be the best WR in the league

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's great and Hooper seems committed to getting better. I wish other players (IE our corners) we committed to getting better.

But it's all relative right? Looking at the top 30 TEs in yards, Hooper has the 29th best avg per catch. So he is really just a check down, not a weapon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Nah Fam. Loved Hoop since we drafted him. TE is a very difficult position to adjust to in the league. 

Cool cool. Glad there are some other original members in the fan club

21 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I was always blocking for Hooper. I didn’t make Jimmy Graham thread or anything like that...:ninja:

Hmmmmm.........lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

Need a decent OL for 30+ against good defenses. 

The calls of our OL not being good enough are silly. They are good enough to put up the points. They demonstrated that numerous times this year. See the Skins game. Matt needs better pocket awareness. No one has a line filled with All-Pros and those that do like the Cowboys used to, didn't put up huge offensive numbers. Offenses like the Saints, Chiefs and Rams have good enough offensive lines but their systems are built around getting guys open in space and their QBs hitting those guys. Matt seems to wait around a lot.

Every QB gets sacked, but the last two years the offense isn't playing to the strengths and weaknesses of the team. Which is why they score 16 points against Cleveland.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Serious question, but what purpose would Julio serve at camp other than teaching the younger players. He's at the top of his game and doesn't need any additional reps to be the best WR in the league

He still drops to many passes and doesn;t get enough TD's for the amount of catches and yards he has. Also every year in the first qtr of the season JJ and Matt seem out of sync. If JJ wants to be paid like the best WR in the game he needs to be at all the OTA's and yea that includes teaching the younger guys techniques.

JJ is not above it all that he can just show up after all the OTA's and everything is perfect.

I find it ridiculous anyone would keep making excuses for JJ not to show up for OTA's, he needs to do that AND put in extra work with Ryan in the off season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...