I Even Bleed Red

Who else is going to falcons @ saints? What are the rules in the superdome?

65 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Some of you are making me regret this lol

It's a heavy price to pay to see the Falcons lose but I hope they show up and make it a fight. 

Just enjoy the game, I never had bad experience in NOLA. Don’t get offended by some friendly trash talk.  Most of Aints Falcons games are close, so it most likely won’t be a blow out.

4 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Some of you are making me regret this lol

It's a heavy price to pay to see the Falcons lose but I hope they show up and make it a fight. 

You’ll be fine man. Just have fun. Treat people with respect and smile at their harmless smack talk. Most of them will be pretty cool to you as long as you’re cool

I would not go even if it was all expense paid and $1000 bonus spending cash. I want to enjoy my Thanksgiving.

I would sell the all the tickets and pocket the money. 

On 11/20/2018 at 8:29 AM, falcons007 said:

Just enjoy the game, I never had bad experience in NOLA. Don’t get offended by some friendly trash talk.  Most of Aints Falcons games are close, so it most likely won’t be a blow out.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:34 AM, JD dirtybird21 said:

You’ll be fine man. Just have fun. Treat people with respect and smile at their harmless smack talk. Most of them will be pretty cool to you as long as you’re cool

I know! Thanks guys!

Iron Saint likes this

4 minutes ago, AsylumGuido said:

Wearing a Falcons' jersey won't be an issue.  New Orleans is a tourist location.  The vast majority of people there will welcome you, but you will get some good-natured ribbing.

I love how people say ‘oh it’s a tourist location’ like that’s a good thing and everyone will be your best friend.

What that really means is expect everything to cost more for no reason other than to get more money from the suckers on vacation.

Also prepare to be a target of everyone trying to scam money out of the non locals from

cabbies

Pan handlers asking where you got your shoes at

To the guys following around on Bourbon Street... some singing and not stopping until you pay them... others looking to rob you.

It’s true what they say. A trip to New Orleans might be the last vacation you ever take.

54 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I love how people say ‘oh it’s a tourist location’ like that’s a good thing and everyone will be your best friend.

What that really means is expect everything to cost more for no reason other than to get more money from the suckers on vacation.

Also prepare to be a target of everyone trying to scam money out of the non locals from

cabbies

Pan handlers asking where you got your shoes at

To the guys following around on Bourbon Street... some singing and not stopping until you pay them... others looking to rob you.

It’s true what they say. A trip to New Orleans might be the last vacation you ever take.

Instead of going to Bourbon Street try going to Frenchman Street or go uptown to Magazine.  Almost everyone I know that visits New Orleans and truly takes in the city loves it.  The World War II museum is incredible.  As for higher prices, I don't know where you're going, but there are extremely affordable restaurants throughout the area that are frequented by locals, and yet love having visitors.

But like any other location, if you go expecting a bad time you'll probably be able to find (or create) it.

saints4life25 and Iron Saint like this

12 minutes ago, AsylumGuido said:

Instead of going to Bourbon Street try going to Frenchman Street or go uptown to Magazine.  Almost everyone I know that visits New Orleans and truly takes in the city loves it.  The World War II museum is incredible.  As for higher prices, I don't know where you're going, but there are extremely affordable restaurants throughout the area that are frequented by locals, and yet love having visitors.

But like any other location, if you go expecting a bad time you'll probably be able to find (or create) it.

I used to live in Sedona, Arizona which was also a tourist destination.  It's pretty common for places that's main income is tourism to charge one things to the locals and another to the out of town visitors aka a local discount.  In general everything tends to be a little more expensive.  Ever been to Vegas?  Ever have the cabbie ask you to take the freeway to/from the Airport before smartphones and Uber? (Hint it's longer).

Now I live in Seattle and if we want to take a family vacation it's cheaper to fly to Hawaii.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective.  I grew up near Savannah so the history/old Southern charm thing doesn't really appeal to me.  

On 11/19/2018 at 8:22 PM, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Two words.

Don't go.

Everything about the experience will be bad. The game.   The Stadium.  The People.  The Food.

How do you know this guy doesn't know what he's talking about? 

He said the food in NO will be bad. Take everything else with a grain of salt.

V Chip and AsylumGuido like this

23 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I used to live in Sedona, Arizona which was also a tourist destination.  It's pretty common for places that's main income is tourism to charge one things to the locals and another to the out of town visitors aka a local discount.  In general everything tends to be a little more expensive.  Ever been to Vegas?  Ever have the cabbie ask you to take the freeway to/from the Airport before smartphones and Uber? (Hint it's longer).

Now I live in Seattle and if we want to take a family vacation it's cheaper to fly to Hawaii.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective.  I grew up near Savannah so the history/old Southern charm thing doesn't really appeal to me.  

You are fortunate to live close to the cheap flights.  We've been all over the Caribbean and to the Mediterranean, but plan to cruise the Hawaiian islands some day. 

21 minutes ago, saints4life25 said:

How do you know this guy doesn't know what he's talking about? 

He said the food in NO will be bad. Take everything else with a grain of salt.

If you were coming from the midwest where they specialize in Brats, cheese, and deep dish pizza the food in New Orleans would be amazing and like nothing you ever tasted. 

Now in the age of Celebrity Chefs quite a few cites have great food scenes.  Seattle has tons of amazing restaurants and let's not even talk about the Seafood.  Atlanta had it's fair share and I think there could be more restaurants in Vegas than hotels. 

I'm sure New Orleans has amazing places to eat but many cities do these days.

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

If you were coming from the midwest where they specialize in Brats, cheese, and deep dish pizza the food in New Orleans would be amazing and like nothing you ever tasted. 

Now in the age of Celebrity Chefs quite a few cites have great food scenes.  Seattle has tons of amazing restaurants and let's not even talk about the Seafood.  Atlanta had it's fair share and I there could be more restaurants in Vegas than hotels. 

But, you said the food is bad.  Not true.  You said the Stadium is bad.  It was totally rebuilt from the basic frame after 2005 and has undergone massive upgrades yearly since.  It is one of the nicer stadiums in the league today.  The people are amazing.  They welcomes guest with open arms.  

The game, on the other hand, WILL suck ... for an Atlanta fan.

:D

Iron Saint and saints4life25 like this

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yes I said that in the spirit of the rivalry.

And in that sense I say it is truly a horrible place filled with horrible people as Donald Trump has said many many times.

:) 

Gotcha.  ;)

Sun Tzu 7 likes this

49 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Now in the age of Celebrity Chefs quite a few cites have great food scenes.  Seattle has tons of amazing restaurants and let's not even talk about the Seafood.  Atlanta had it's fair share and I think there could be more restaurants in Vegas than hotels. 

New Orleans is the culinary capital of the world. 

V Chip likes this

1 hour ago, saints4life25 said:

New Orleans is the culinary capital of the world. 

Said no one ever except da Cajuns and even den Dey manage to throw a eaux in fa no reason

Rule #1.... do not under any circumstance let them see you crying after we get our butts handed to us. It's like a feeding frenzy! LOL......nah I've been there several times.....got ribbed pretty good, but nothing I couldn't handle. Last time I saw Saints and Falcons in NOLA was when we had acquired the Chiefs running back.....and we should have won at the end of the game. Sound familiar? 

saints4life25 likes this

I hope you are having fun.  I love the city, and I get trash talk all the time because I wear Falcons shirts or hats.  Mostly it ends up over some drinks and in good nature, but there are some that go too far. (Thats true of anywhere)  

I Even Bleed Red likes this