I Even Bleed Red

Who else is going to falcons @ saints? What are the rules in the superdome?

65 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

It’s my first time in the superdome. What’s it like for falcons fans There? I’m going with my parents. What the vibes like, Is it conducive to a family?

Who else is going? What are the pre and post game falcons hang outs? 

Being a rivalry game, you’ll likely get a little good natured ribbing beforehand. Nothing serious, of course, but that just comes with the territory of visiting a division rival’s home stadium. Other than that, you’ll find the visit very hospitable, we’re not savages like Eagles and Raiders fans.

During the game, it’s perfectly fine to cheer your team’s success. As long as you’re not actively jeering those around you and/or belligerently intoxicated and trying to provoke Saints fans, you should have no problems. Seeing as though your parents are going to be in attendance as well, I’d guess you’re not going to fall in the category of the latter. I’d consider it a family friendly environment for the most part, you’ll certainly see many with kids.

As for Falcons hangouts, you’re on your own there. Maybe some of your brethren here can point you in the right direction because I have no idea. :lol:

Been there 3 times - night games can be pretty bad due to all the extra drinking as their fans can be down right rude. In three trips, two were really bad experiences- got in a fight on one trip, almost went to jail another time because I cursed one of their mouthy fans - I don’t do good turning the other cheek, but you should be ok as long as you’re willing to take some verbal abuse. Oh yeah do not argue with the police most hate the Falcons and love to slap the cuffs on....once you get back to Bourbon Street you’ll be fine. All in all it’s a great experience 

33 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Being a rivalry game, you’ll likely get a little good natured ribbing beforehand. Nothing serious, of course, but that just comes with the territory of visiting a division rival’s home stadium. Other than that, you’ll find the visit very hospitable, we’re not savages like Eagles and Raiders fans.

During the game, it’s perfectly fine to cheer your team’s success. As long as you’re not actively jeering those around you and/or belligerently intoxicated and trying to provoke Saints fans, you should have no problems. Seeing as though your parents are going to be in attendance as well, I’d guess you’re not going to fall in the category of the latter. I’d consider it a family friendly environment for the most part, you’ll certainly see many with kids.

As for Falcons hangouts, you’re on your own there. Maybe some of your brethren here can point you in the right direction because I have no idea. :lol:

Haha - next time you’re there at a night game vs Falcons just stand back and listen to your fans. A Falcon fans will be verbally abused....just listen. I’ve been to 27 NFL stadiums and the Saints fans can be just as bad as Philly at night gms

Embrace the suck likes this

5 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Haha - next time you’re there at a night game vs Falcons just stand back and listen to your fans. A Falcon fans will be verbally abused....just listen. I’ve been to 27 NFL stadiums and the Saints fans can be just as bad as Philly at night gms

I'm there every game and I observe rather well without a drop of alcohol in my system.

From your own words, in 3 trips you were involved in two altercations. That's a 66.6% chance in your 3 trips. Considering you're the only common denominator in those 3 events, it doesn't sound like you came down to sing in the choir.

Big_L, saints4life25 and V Chip like this

41 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

I'm there every game and I observe rather well without a drop of alcohol in my system.

From your own words, in 3 trips you were involved in two altercations. That's a 66.6% chance in your 3 trips. Considering you're the only common denominator in those 3 events, it doesn't sound like you came down to sing in the choir.

Like I said I don’t do well turning the other cheek....trust me I don’t go looking for trouble. I guess there’s no trouble if your willing to be take all the abuse, but I don’t care about hearing a low life shouting obscenities “MR2 sucks *”:cks toward my family - because my daughter was wearing his jersey. And this happened with no alcohol in my system. I chose to tell him to respect women and children and he had a problem with it. Also my brother was badgered all the way out of the stadium the last time we won there....so don’t act like a Saint lol. 

Edited by Atl Falcon
No Talent *** Clown likes this

1 hour ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

It’s my first time in the superdome. What’s it like for falcons fans There? I’m going with my parents. What the vibes like, Is it conducive to a family?

Who else is going? What are the pre and post game falcons hang outs? 

Two words.

Don't go.

Everything about the experience will be bad. The game.   The Stadium.  The People.  The Food.

31 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Like I said I don’t do well turning the other cheek....trust me I don’t go looking for trouble. I guess there’s no trouble if your willing to be take all the abuse, but I don’t care about hearing a low life shouting obscenities “MR2 sucks *”:cks toward my family - because my daughter was wearing his jersey. And this happened with no alcohol in my system. I chose to tell him to respect women and children and he had a problem with it. Also my brother was badgered all the way out of the stadium the last time we won there....so don’t act like a Saint lol. 

I’m sorry but someone saying “Matt Ryan sucks” because they see a jersey someone in your party is wearing doesn’t constitute “abuse”.

Childish? Absolutely, but if a childish insult hurts your feelings and has you raring for a fight, visiting a rival team’s stadium isn’t a good idea. Now had they been yelling “You’re ugly/stupid/fat” or otherwise verbally attacking your wife or children on a personal level or even worse, physically contacting them, then yeah by all means. That’s crossing the line in any environment.

Visiting any away stadium you’re going to encounter some ribbing and heckling, that’ll never change; we’re all humans and we happen to wear different color clothing at sporting events. But as you said, every stadium is going to have overly intoxicated people for a late start time. I wouldn’t subject my children to that situation in the first place. Every fanbase has ***hats in it and by visiting a rival team's home stadium for a late start, you're going to have a much easier time finding them.

And considering as I’ve never had a bad encounter with an opposing fan in all my years of attending games, I believe I can afford to act like a Saint. ;)

Edited by Iron Saint
JD dirtybird21 likes this

3 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

I’m sorry but someone saying “Matt Ryan sucks” because they see a jersey someone in your party is wearing doesn’t constitute “abuse”.

Childish? Absolutely, but if a childish insult hurts your feelings and has you raring for a fight, visiting a rival team’s stadium isn’t a good idea. Now had they been yelling “You’re ugly/stupid/fat” or otherwise verbally attacking your wife or children on a personal level or even worse, physically contacting them, then yeah by all means. That’s crossing the line in any environment.

Visiting any away stadium you’re going to encounter some robbing and heckling, that’ll never change; we’re all humans and we happen to wear different color clothing at sporting events. But as you said, every stadium is going to have overly intoxicated people for a late start time. I wouldn’t subject my children to that situation in the first place.

And considering as I’ve never had a bad encounter with an opposing fan in all my years of attending games, I believe I can afford to act like a Saint. ;)

I didn’t bother to read all you wrote it hurts my eyes...I’ll leave it at that...but  when they say MR2 sucks is one thing but when they add ***cks to it and say it in front of women and children I really do become the common denominator. Sorry I didn’t raise my family hearing that kind of nonsense and won’t tolerate it. I’m done

30 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I didn’t bother to read all you wrote it hurts my eyes...I’ll leave it at that...but  when they say MR2 sucks is one thing but when they add ***cks to it and say it in front of women and children I really do become the common denominator. Sorry I didn’t raise my family hearing that kind of nonsense and won’t tolerate it. I’m done

LMAO, I thought you “don’t do too well with turning the other cheek”? :rolleyes:

So you do have the ability, you just refuse to in most instances which further illustrates that it doesn’t seem like you came to the Superdome to be a model Falcons fan on at least two of your visits. ;)

Not to mention your instance of almost going to jail because you cursed a Saints fan out. As you said, what if there were women or children around? They don’t want to hear that nonsense from you at a football game! :lol:

Edited by Iron Saint
Big_L and Bagofbones64 like this

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS FANS GAMEDAY RULES:

#1.  No livestock in tailgating area.  

#2.  No sex in public.

#3.  While having public sex with unauthorized goat, make sure a picture of own sister is securely affixed to goat face.  That way it's not so strange.

#4.  Shave goat of all goat hair after sex and before grilling goat. 

#5.  MSG is not allowed to be used while grilling previously-sexed goat flesh.

#6.  Name a designated driver.

#7.  Floss tooth daily. 

1: Don't drink the water

2: Pissing on the restroom floors are permitted

3: Punch one of them swamprats in the mouth if they **** with you 

4: Wear your PPE (hazmat suit, gloves and goggles)

Oh... you mean THEIR rules?

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

I usually attend division games every year. I've never seen a bad experience for Falcon fans. I've seen a boisterous group of Panther fans get ran out of the Dome early, because they started talking **** early and then started getting blown out and got salty. 

Listen, NO is a tourist city. We love people to come here, enjoy their stay, spend money, and come back. Will you have ***** fans? Sure. But, from talking to MULTIPLE opposing fans, as I make it a point to, the Dome is one of the most hospitable venues they visit. 

Generally, don't be a *****, you won't get treated as such. If you are a *****, expect it to be returned. 

I’ve been to a lot of Saints vs. Falcons games and they rank as one of the worst fanbases I have encountered. Constantly getting up in your face yelling who dat over and over and over. The only positive is they don’t start as many fights as some fanbases.

The rules are ----- there aren't any rules!  Stay far, FAR away from the Stinkydome, unless you're "packin'" a couple of 45s, mace, and a stun gun!!!

5 hours ago, Champford said:

Lol don't wear a falcons jersey

I have been to the away game in NO almost every year since the early 70's.  I always wear my jersey and colors not only to the game but all over NO and aside from Rivalry smack and one incident with a drunk, I never have a problem.    Most fun I ever have at games is the Falcons Saints rivalry games.   Their fans are as passionate and "hate" us as much as we "hate" them.  

But, unlike some stadiums, like Oakland and Philly for instance, you can safely wear your team gear proudly 

10 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Two words.

Don't go.

Everything about the experience will be bad. The game.   The Stadium.  The People.  The Food.

Don't forget the smell.