Jump to content

The most “Falcons Thing” possible.....


wartownfalcon
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just when you think 28-3 was rock bottom, these guys make you worry that they'll let their archrival take a dump at midfield after winning a SB in our overpriced house.  They already peed on it, next time they'll bend a fresh biscuit on the 50 with toilet paper in one hand and the Lombardi in the other.  I'm gonna be sick!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

Image result for sean payton owns the falcons

Every time I see that photo, I just feel ill. What's almost worse is that it was 28-12 with only 7 something minutes left and WE HAD THE BALL. That game was as close to a statistically guaranteed win as you can get. It's sickening.

I'm already bracing myself for a Pats / Saints Super Bowl because sure, why wouldn't those proverbial football gods rub some salt in the wound. I won't watch that Super Bowl it if it comes to pass. I hate both teams with a burning passion and can't stomach watching either one hold up the trophy on our field.

It wouldn't be worse than 51. But it would be the runner-up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

They look like the best team so far. Credit SP for not having his head inside his rectum and getting his QB an OL, and having  a dominant DL. We are having to rely on Seahawk, and niners rejects to shore up ours. 

We were told we were getting Seattle south. That's exactly what we got. The OL is just a bunch of guys in Seattle, nothing else. It's also why Russ gets clobbered half the time. They couldn't care less about it, and neither does Quinn. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Every time I see that photo, I just feel ill. What's almost worse is that it was 28-12 with only 7 something minutes left and WE HAD THE BALL. That game was as close to a statistically guaranteed win as you can get. It's sickening.

I'm already bracing myself for a Pats / Saints Super Bowl because sure, why wouldn't those proverbial football gods rub some salt in the wound. I won't watch that Super Bowl it if it comes to pass. I hate both teams with a burning passion and can't stomach watching either one hold up the trophy on our field.

It wouldn't be worse than 51. But it would be the runner-up.

Which is why I'm very negative when it comes to the Falcons. Let me explain.  Either one of 3 things happened in that Superbowl or a mixture of all 3.

1.  The Falcons wet the bed. (choked).

2.  Kyle Shanahan threw the Falcons under the bus.

3.  The referees.

4.  A mixture of all 3.

I'll take 4 Alex for $10,000.  It was a mixture of all 3. Lets look at every scenario:

1. The Falcons wet the bed.  The defense gave up big leads all year so New England mounting some sort of come back wasn't that shocking. 

2.Kyle Shanahan.   Shanahan threw the Falcons under the bus.  You were destroying the Patriots in the first half with the running game then you get cute and try to impress the 49ers, the other coaches and the media about how smart you are to throw in running situations, OR, was it something else?  He DEFINITELY did that. Its no speculation. He got away from the run and did EXACTLY what a team is trying to come back from being down big points, wants the other team to do. People on TATF still worship Shanahan but Shanahan threw yall under the bus.

3. The game was influenced by the referees.  How in the heck do you account for THREE STRAIGHT holding  calls on 3rd down against the Falcons to extend a Patriots drive that had they not scored the game was over for them.  It was soo blatant that the mostly neutral fans in Houston booed. It was OBVIOUS was what going on.   The holding call against Jake Matthews that stopped a drive.  Kyle Shanahan in field goal range has Matt Ryan take one of the DEEPEST dropbacks I've ever seen and get sacked.  WHAT was that all about?   And let me tell you something. Its more people OUTSIDE of the Falcons that were saying the game was fixed than Falcon fans themselves.  You can tinfoil hat this all day long but everything I said above is FACTS...

 

Image result for Matt Ryan sacked super bowl gif

Edited by slickgadawg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Just when you think 28-3 was rock bottom, these guys make you worry that they'll let their archrival take a dump at midfield after winning a SB in our overpriced house.  They already peed on it, next time they'll bend a fresh biscuit on the 50 with toilet paper in one hand and the Lombardi in the other.  I'm gonna be sick!

Lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Which is why I'm very negative when it comes to the Falcons. Let me explain.  Either one of 3 things happened in that Superbowl or a mixture of all 3.

1.  The Falcons wet the bed. (choked).

2.  Kyle Shanahan threw the Falcons under the bus.

3.  The referees.

4.  A mixture of all 3.

I'll take 4 Alex for $10,000.  It was a mixture of all 3. Lets look at every scenario:

1. The Falcons wet the bed.  The defense gave up big leads all year so New England mounting some sort of come back wasn't that shocking. 

2.Kyle Shanahan.   Shanahan threw the Falcons under the bus.  You were destroying the Patriots in the first half with the running game then you get cute and try to impress the 49ers, the other coaches and the media about how smart you are to throw in running situations, OR, was it something else?  He DEFINITELY did that. Its no speculation. He got away from the run and did EXACTLY what a team is trying to come back from being down big points, wants the other team to do. People on TATF still worship Shanahan but Shanahan threw yall under the bus.

3. The game was influenced by the referees.  How in the heck do you account for THREE STRAIGHT holding  calls on 3rd down against the Falcons to extend a Patriots drive that had they not scored the game was over for them.  It was soo blatant that the mostly neutral fans in Houston booed. It was OBVIOUS was what going on.   The holding call against Jake Matthews that stopped a drive.  Kyle Shanahan in field goal range has Matt Ryan take one of the DEEPEST dropbacks I've ever seen and get sacked.  WHAT was that all about?   And let me tell you something. Its more people OUTSIDE of the Falcons that were saying the game was fixed than Falcon fans themselves.  You can tinfoil hat this all day long but everything I said above is FACTS...

 

Image result for Matt Ryan sacked super bowl gif

I personally think that refs most likely are told to "keep the game interesting," especially the  Super Bowl that needs big ratings. But I don't believe games are fixed. There are just too many variables. The 3 holding calls on 3rd down drive you reference? Yeah, I DO think the refs were trying to keep things interesting because it was already 14-0. But that drive actually ended in Alford's pick-6 and made it 21-0. So if what they were going for there was 14-7, it ended up having the exact opposite effect.

But that game was such an atrocity I'm not going to fight anyone's view of it. Regardless, it happened, and we're all still trying to recover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are cursed. There's no denying it. I have accepted it. The only way to break this curse unfortunately is something monumental (Katrina). The Saints were a handshake away from being moved to San Antonio. 

Falcons will have to shake things up. Trade away our best QB in history to a better team, watch him win a title, and sell our souls going after the next MV7 that will invigorate the fanbase.

One day my son will see us win a championship. Just hope I'm around to celebrate with him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

I personally think that refs most likely are told to "keep the game interesting," especially the  Super Bowl that needs big ratings. But I don't believe games are fixed. There are just too many variables. The 3 holding calls on 3rd down drive you reference? Yeah, I DO think the refs were trying to keep things interesting because it was already 14-0. But that drive actually ended in Alford's pick-6 and made it 21-0. So if what they were going for there was 14-7, it ended up having the exact opposite effect.

But that game was such an atrocity I'm not going to fight anyone's view of it. Regardless, it happened, and we're all still trying to recover.

Never forget . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Just when you think 28-3 was rock bottom, these guys make you worry that they'll let their archrival take a dump at midfield after winning a SB in our overpriced house.  They already peed on it, next time they'll bend a fresh biscuit on the 50 with toilet paper in one hand and the Lombardi in the other.  I'm gonna be sick!

If they don't win it this year then they are going to have some tough decisions coming up. They have one draft pick this year, and you don't maintain success that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...