Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JOEinPHX

This Board Needs Unity

73 posts in this topic

What's unity anymore as someones else in another thread said as much as we hate the saints they didn't get rid of Payton after those 7-9 years. 

I just want the let's fire everyone and start completely over threads to end. Either that or if we fire everyone let's just say screw football and blow up the stadium and just watch Atlanta United instead.

Just now, West Sider said:

Exactly 

1 minute ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

28-3 was suppose to be a secure lead. How did that turn out?

And we still have had some games with big leads that we give up quickly since. It’s like they didn’t learn. And I’m still defending the current staff. 

ya_boi_j likes this

I'm not going to question someone who's winning games. I get not running up the score as a respect thing. However, I also think having a killer mentality is important. It's something that's been lacking in Atlanta since.... well forever.

rogueleadersf and Mr.Blank like this

When home field is at stake, you want to win every possible tie-breaker, and I'm pretty points scored is in there somewhere.  There is no such thing as 'running up the score' in the NFL. 

Also, stomping the crap out of the Super Bowl champs sends a message. It tells everyone our time is now. We want that Lombardi. The Saints have all the confidence in the world.

29 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

What's unity anymore as someones else in another thread said as much as we hate the saints they didn't get rid of Payton after those 7-9 years. 

I just want the let's fire everyone and start completely over threads to end. Either that or if we fire everyone let's just say screw football and blow up the stadium and just watch Atlanta United instead.

To compare Sean Payton to Dan Quinn is beyond laughable.

5 minutes ago, octoslash said:

When home field is at stake, you want to win every possible tie-breaker, and I'm pretty points scored is in there somewhere.  There is no such thing as 'running up the score' in the NFL. 

I've noticed that sometimes people on this board complain when the Falcons don't have killer instinct but some people also complain when other teams do.

fuego and Butudontseeme™ like this

Everyone's hatred for Sean Payton and Drew Brees on this message board is simply just envy and jealousy. They are a better team than us. They are a better franchise than us over the last 10 years. They have a super bowl, we don't. It is what it is. Sure, I hate the team, but I respect just how great those guys really are.

Ergo Proxy and Big_L like this

41 minutes ago, West Sider said:

Great HC. Doesn’t take his foot off the gas and stays aggressive. Coach Fired Up could learn from him. 

To be fair, Quinn's unwarranted aggressiveness is what cost us the Super Bowl. Had he just done the right thing and run the ball three times and kicked a FG, we'd all be having different conversations when it comes to his abilities. 

BlazerSlayer and JOEinPHX like this