Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Malachore

4 of last 6 years.

70 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Malachore said:

You're crazy man this franchise has given us nothing to make us be entitled for anything. You just like playing contrarian and if I came in here all positive you would have had something to say about that.  Georgia sports fans accept this trash as ok because they are used to it. It's ********.

2 SB appearances and 2 black eyes.  Every person has expectations any person willing to accept this **** is lying to themselves.

My god. Can anyone accept a freaking disagreement around here without getting off topic about stupid ****. Jesus freakin Christ. I've been calling this fanbase spoiled and entitled for YEARS. It's not going to change now. If you don't think the fan base is spoiled, then you don't think it's spoiled. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise.

I think this thread is indicative of what has been built in the organization since Blank took over, and what Dimitroff has been able to do.  The idea that we have expectations that the team succeeds on a consistent level, and we put playoff caliber teams on the field year in and year out, is something we never saw as fans before Blank.  If you think this is a common trait of organizations in the NFL, you are sorely mistaken.  Without a doubt there are franchises who have historically been playoff level good, but it's a very small percentage.  Perhaps only 3-4 teams in the free agency era.

The idea of being "spoiled" is subjective, and really only applies to the mental state of the person trying to come to grips to their own expectation, and not something that can be quantified.  

Did I think we would be superbowl contenders this year...of course, but there are reasons why it's not happening this year that i'm willing to accept as reality.  The level of injuries we've had this year to not only starters, but pro-bowl caliber players, doesn't deter my belief that what our owner and GM have put together here will continue to harbor success year in year out, minus freak scenarios related to a business that has player specific, and cap specific limits.

If you think this team's bad now...some of you should've been around here in the 80s.

We were such a losing franchise.  

A dude used to bring his trumpet to the games.  We had season tickets and we lost pretty much every game, most often in embarrassing fashion. 

We'd get drunk and bet each other how long it would take for trumpet dude to give up and blow taps.   If it took too long we'd go down there and sit behind him and holler at him, laughing and begging him to get it over with. 

6 minutes ago, octoslash said:

If you think this team's bad now...some of you should've been around here in the 80s.

We were such a losing franchise.  

A dude used to bring his trumpet to the games.  We had season tickets and we lost pretty much every game, most often in embarrassing fashion. 

We'd get drunk and bet each other how long it would take for trumpet dude to give up and blow taps.   If it took too long we'd go down there and sit behind him and holler at him, laughing and begging him to get it over with. 

Yeah I was born in 83 and didn't watch football till 96 but if read about that pain.

What this team needs to do is write off this year,plan on a high draft pick,cut DF(an oft injured back that takes up to much salary cap space),resign TC,strengthen the lines,maybe resign JJ(depending on what he wants)get a new DC,Blank needs to tell the GM and the HC they're on thin ice,lose the ZBS,and plan for next season(FA,draft picks,etc).Finishing middle of the pack doesn't do anyone any good,and why would you want to get to the playoffs(doubt it'll happen)and get CRUSHED in the first round?

5 hours ago, Malachore said:

What success, being a good team 2 of 6 years? We might have been spoiled during Smitty's early days but this current regime has done nothing but make a joke of this franchise.

2016 fooled us, not spoil.

Meet the new boss.  Same as the old boss.

11 hours ago, Peyton said:

The funny thing about me being Mr. BrightSide today is that the Falcons loss potentially costs me the office football pool ($160).

Out of 32 people, just me and one other person went 9-3 yesterday.  He picked the Cowboys and I of course picked the Falcons.  I would have been the outright winner if I had picked the Cowboys or if the Falcons had won. My loyalty was not rewarded.

I can still win if the Rams/Chiefs game is 66 points or more tonight.  Digital drinks on me tomorrow if that happens.

11 hours ago, Malachore said:

Good luck brother, you have a good shot at it.

I think you covered homie. :lol:

If spoiled means needing a therapist almost every Monday! Okay :rolleyes: Nah but seriously I really lowered my expectations after we lost multiple games early on that we should have won. Now I just shake my head and say it's the Falcons......get over it. 50 years following this team does that to you.

8 hours ago, Malachore said:

I think you covered homie. :lol:

When I turned in my sheet and had 80 as my total, the dude who runs the pool said "80!  No way it goes that high."

Lol.  105 points.

Malachore likes this

Quinn getting a lot of criticism and some deservedly so, but.

Depending on what happens the rest of this season his 4th, he may not have a losing season to date.

Now what if Sean Rat-faced-boy boy was judged equally? The saints may not of kept him around.

He has had 4 losing seasons out of 12 icluding 3 consecutive 7-9 season in a row (including the one he coached from across the street in a hotel) but imagine if that coaching record would've survived the Atlanta press/fan scutiny?

23 hours ago, Malachore said:

I've been reading over the past few weeks how this fan base is spoiled. No playoffs 4 out of the last 6 years which includes becoming the 1st team to start 5-0 and miss the playoffs and the team responsible for the single biggest collapse since the Roman Empire.

We aren't spoiled, we're traumatized and fed up.

Wait so we are back to counting Mike Smith years again? Well then, lets make sure to add in Petrino the year to ANY stat along with Jimmy Mora's circus. Hey Why not add in June Jones stat lines too please, I mean since it all seems to matter.

40 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Quinn getting a lot of criticism and some deservedly so, but.

Depending on what happens the rest of this season his 4th, he may not have a losing season to date.

Now what if Sean Rat-faced-boy boy was judged equally? The saints may not of kept him around.

He has had 4 losing seasons out of 12 icluding 3 consecutive 7-9 season in a row (including the one he coached from across the street in a hotel) but imagine if that coaching record would've survived the Atlanta press/fan scutiny?

To me 8-8 isn't a winning season, especially when you started 6-1.

10 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Wait so we are back to counting Mike Smith years again? Well then, lets make sure to add in Petrino the year to ANY stat along with Jimmy Mora's circus. Hey Why not add in June Jones stat lines too please, I mean since it all seems to matter.

You don't make sense, this thread wasn't to trounce any single regime. It was to prove this joke of a franchise has gave us nothing to be spoiled over, especially recently. 

Yeah I don't understand how we can be "spoiled" when we have NO Super Bowl championship. Now considering how bad of a sports town Atlanta has been historically and comparing the Falcons now to how we were in the 70's and 80's, then yes to the old fans maybe we have been spoiled but that makes no sense whatsoever. I don't want to hear any excuse of "well college football is big in the south and not pro sports".... uuuhhh last time I checked, Louisiana is part of THE SOUTH too and they are a college town and a pro sports town. They have a Super Bowl from the Saints and 2 national championships from LSU. Georgia only has 1 which was almost 40 years ago and the Falcons have none. It's a Georgia problem. None of this "uh cause it's the south" excuse. 

Edited by mqg96

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

It's a Georgia problem. None of this "uh cause it's the south" excuse. 

It's a case of good old boy backroom politics and cronyism.  Shooting ourselves in the foot every single time.  I don't understand why it seems like Georgia teams can't move past this and operate like an accountable business instead of hooking up your buddies with jobs.  Networking for all the wrong reasons. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/skip-bayless-explains-why-the-falcons-coaching-changes-are-an-absurd-overreaction-020817

And like the consistency thread...other teams seem to learn from the down years and turn it around while we always sputter.  I remember the 2015 thread that posted a link to the full game of the victory over the Texans.  Most complete game I'd seen the Falcons play in a while.  And then...:flush: the season away.  Same thing after the redskins game.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:07 AM, Jesus said:

Yea. The 80s....57-94-1 The 90's were pretty bad too.

ive been a fan since the 70s. this is nothing. with those teams, the only hope we had was not finishing with a top 5 pick every year.

On 11/19/2018 at 10:05 AM, Malachore said:

You mean like "back in my day we called 5 wins successful"?

I've been a fan since '96 so idk those years.

Be grateful.  Be VERY grateful! :bang: