PriMeTiiMe

We will make the playoffs at 9-7

130 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

And the Panthers can't hang with the then 3-6 Lions so what exactly is your point? 

All the games after the Saints game are WINNABLE. This is not rocket science. 

We lost to the Browns man, the Browns....The Browns a week after they fired their head coach and were shuffling things around and we still couldn't win.  We couldn't even compete, they totally outplayed us.  A loss  like that would light a fire under the *** of most teams, but what did the Falcons do the next week?  Come out and lose to a mediocre Cowboys team at home.  </season>

osiruz likes this

6 minutes ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

and....It took a miracle for the Saints to beat the Browns and the Saints are not injured like us. The Giants almost beat both the Saints and Panthers but luckily for them they pulled it off.

Any given Sunday, Monday, or Thursday

But it didn't take a miracle for them to beat us though "we beat us" like we always do .. I wish the any given Sunday apply for us.. It just doesn't.

8 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

We lost to the Browns man, the Browns....The Browns a week after they fired their head coach and were shuffling things around and we still couldn't win.  We couldn't even compete, they totally outplayed us.  A loss  like that would light a fire under the *** of most teams, but what did the Falcons do the next week?  Come out and lose to a mediocre Cowboys team at home.  </season>

The same Browns team that tied the Steelers? Missed 14 FGs otherwise would have beat the Saints?  Beat the Ravens (That some of you seem to love). 

Any given Sunday. The Browns beat us and gave a few other teams Losses/scares. 

Normally when a coach is fired the team plays better the following week. Not sure why you are acting like that means they should have been clueless. 

We can go round and round here. You don't think we can do it. I think we can. End of story. Nothing you say or I say will change that.

If they make the playoffs, get knocked off Wildcard Weekend, and miss out on the elite Dline talent because we are picking in the 20’s then I’ll be finally done with the team for a while. This draft can really turn around a franchise if your needs are on the D and O lines. 

Just our luck this exact thing will happen because we are the Falcons. 

What's the use if the team is going to be bounced in the wild-card round?  Maybe the team needs a season like this to re-load. Falcons can play spoiler this year, eliminating a team from playoff contention.  Meanwhile, younger players like Kazee and Olajuwon can get reps to further their development.  We will also have a better draft position next year. 

32 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

At least I watch the games. Win or lose. Unlike some people.

How can you watch these games and come away thinking we are going to run the table? You are like hmm...let's see Trufant and Alford can't stop a cold, we have a fs that can't tackle, we have a horrible OL, terrible lbers, and can't stop the run. This means we are going to best Brees, and Aarod.

Conclusion: you were high lol. 

6 minutes ago, osiruz said:

How can you watch these games and come away thinking we are going to run the table? You are like hmm...let's see Trufant and Alford can't stop a cold, we have a fs that can't tackle, we have a horrible OL, terrible lbers, and can't stop the run. This means we are going to best Brees, and Aarod.

Conclusion: you were high lol. 

This is the 2nd time you have claimed i said we were beating the Saints. You sure you're not the high one? A-Rod has a losing record just like we do. Or do you just pretend only us losing matters and everyone else losing is ignored. A tie over a loss is the only difference between us and the Packers right now.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

4 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

This is fun to me. I'd rather be positive then negative. I am not going to even do any 10-6 scenario because if we go 10-6 we are a lock for the playoffs no matter what. However, We all know the Saints will beat us and it will probably be ugly.

Then starts the 5-0 run.
vs Ravens
@ Packers
vs Cardinals
@ Panthers
@ Bucs
9-7

The 6th seed in the NFC will be a 9 win team. You can pretty much guarantee it at this point. Most teams have at least 2-3 losses possible on their final 5 games.

Minnesota gets the #5 seed with a 10-5-1 record. They lose @ New England but outside of that they win out. (Biggest key: We want them to beat Seattle! if Seattle beats them then it gets tricky and we are in deep water as Seattle will be 9-7 and win the H2H tiebreaker due to common game and be the 6th seed over us while Minnesota would still be #5.)

Atlanta 9-7
Carolina 9-7 (Loss @ New Orleans, New Orleans, Atlanta)
Seattle 8-8 (Loss @ Carolina, Loss Minnesota, Kansas City)
Green Bay 7-8-1 (Loss @ Minnesota, Atlanta, @ Chicago)

We get in as the 6th seed over Carolina due to the sweep. 

Click here for Playoff Scenario on ESPN

Obviously their are plenty of other scenarios. One possible one is if Minnesota loses their next 3 (Green Bay, New England, Seattle) and then they could be looking at 8-7-1 and on the outside looking in. Green Bay would still only be 8-7-1 and out. Seattle would be #5, We would be #6 both at 9-7.

I won't give up until we have 8 losses. I have seen way worse than this before.

Bless your heart.

This OL will not get any better.  Sorry, man, I just don't see it happening.  Another wasted season in the career of Julio Jones.  

We will not make the playoffs and I don't think we make it to 9-7.  An 8-8 season will be very hard to do for this team.  I think this is a below .500 losing season.

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

This is the 2nd time you have claimed i said we were beating the Saints. You sure you're not the high one? A-Rod has a losing record just like we do. Or do you just pretend only us losing matters and everyone else losing is ignored. A tie over a loss is the only difference between us and the Packers right now.

Ok so we have one sure fire L on thursday which puts us at 7 losses. Do you really believe this defense can stop an arod game winning drive? No. So I would tamper the optimism to a realistic level.

6 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

This is fun to me. I'd rather be positive then negative. I am not going to even do any 10-6 scenario because if we go 10-6 we are a lock for the playoffs no matter what. However, We all know the Saints will beat us and it will probably be ugly.

Then starts the 5-0 run.
vs Ravens
@ Packers
vs Cardinals
@ Panthers
@ Bucs
9-7

The 6th seed in the NFC will be a 9 win team. You can pretty much guarantee it at this point. Most teams have at least 2-3 losses possible on their final 5 games.

Minnesota gets the #5 seed with a 10-5-1 record. They lose @ New England but outside of that they win out. (Biggest key: We want them to beat Seattle! if Seattle beats them then it gets tricky and we are in deep water as Seattle will be 9-7 and win the H2H tiebreaker due to common game and be the 6th seed over us while Minnesota would still be #5.)

Atlanta 9-7

Click here for Playoff Scenario on ESPN

Obviously their are plenty of other scenarios. One possible one is if Minnesota loses their next 3 (Green Bay, New England, Seattle) and then they could be looking at 8-7-1 and on the outside looking in. Green Bay would still only be 8-7-1 and out. Seattle would be #5, We would be #6 both at 9-7.

I won't give up until we have 8 losses. I have seen way worse than this before.

For me it's super bowl victory or bust every season.

1 hour ago, etherdome said:

Bless your heart.

This OL will not get any better.  Sorry, man, I just don't see it happening.  Another wasted season in the career of Julio Jones.  

l was concerned about o line before the season started. I think we need to focus on o line in the draft. Our defense will be fine next year when Neal, Ricardo and Debo come back.

At least now they have the fan base all down, maybe they can shock us again. Will need more than a little 3 game win streak tho.

24 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

l was concerned about o line before the season started. I think we need to focus on o line in the draft. Our defense will be fine next year when Neal, Ricardo and Debo come back.

I agree on the OL but if you keep neglecting the DL you expose the skill positions on Defense to get beat down. This draft and FA should be all about OL and DL, it will make all our skill players better.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

As much as I want to be a debby-downer, this is a totally plausible scenario. 

The schedule ahead of New Orleans is extraordinarily winnable. We'll have to put our Rams and Saints hats on the rest of the way, but I really do see it.

The biggest problem to this scenario is the Seattle Seahawks.

Based on our loss to the Cows, we have to finish with a better record than them. 

Barring a miracle on Thanksgiving:  the two biggest games, aside from our own, are: Carolina v. Seattle, and Minnesota v. Seattle. 

Seattle will have Minnesota at home. If we get on some sort of mini-winning streak, these are the games you essentially will need your rosary beads for. 

7 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Then starts the 5-0 run.
vs Ravens
@ Packers
vs Cardinals
@ Panthers
@ Bucs
9-7

Atlanta 9-7

giphy.gif