PriMeTiiMe

We will make the playoffs at 9-7

130 posts in this topic

This is fun to me. I'd rather be positive then negative. I am not going to even do any 10-6 scenario because if we go 10-6 we are a lock for the playoffs no matter what. However, We all know the Saints will beat us and it will probably be ugly.

Then starts the 5-0 run.
vs Ravens
@ Packers
vs Cardinals
@ Panthers
@ Bucs
9-7

The 6th seed in the NFC will be a 9 win team. You can pretty much guarantee it at this point. Most teams have at least 2-3 losses possible on their final 5 games.

Minnesota gets the #5 seed with a 10-5-1 record. They lose @ New England but outside of that they win out. (Biggest key: We want them to beat Seattle! if Seattle beats them then it gets tricky and we are in deep water as Seattle will be 9-7 and win the H2H tiebreaker due to common game and be the 6th seed over us while Minnesota would still be #5.)

Atlanta 9-7
Carolina 9-7 (Loss @ New Orleans, New Orleans, Atlanta)
Seattle 8-8 (Loss @ Carolina, Loss Minnesota, Kansas City)
Green Bay 7-8-1 (Loss @ Minnesota, Atlanta, @ Chicago)

We get in as the 6th seed over Carolina due to the sweep. 

Click here for Playoff Scenario on ESPN

Obviously their are plenty of other scenarios. One possible one is if Minnesota loses their next 3 (Green Bay, New England, Seattle) and then they could be looking at 8-7-1 and on the outside looking in. Green Bay would still only be 8-7-1 and out. Seattle would be #5, We would be #6 both at 9-7.

I won't give up until we have 8 losses. I have seen way worse than this before.

Wellllllllll, I THOUGHT we had a chance at the playoffs, BUT our inexperience on the defense is glaring right now. Our guys are young, but still don't know where to be and are still missing tackles. (Duke Riley was horrible yesterday.)

Anyway, it is what it is. For us to make the playoffs, we're going to need a lot of help, mostly in the form of prayers.

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

This is fun to me. I'd rather be positive then negative. I am not going to even do any 10-6 scenario because if we go 10-6 we are a lock for the playoffs no matter what. However, We all know the Saints will beat us and it will probably be ugly.

Then starts the 5-0 run.
vs Ravens
@ Packers
vs Cardinals
@ Panthers
@ Bucs
9-7

The 6th seed in the NFC will be a 9 win team. You can pretty much guarantee it at this point. Most teams have at least 2-3 losses possible on their final 5 games.

Minnesota gets the #5 seed with a 10-5-1 record. They lose @ New England but outside of that they win out. (Biggest key: We want them to beat Seattle! if Seattle beats them then it gets tricky and we are in deep water as Seattle will be 9-7 and win the H2H tiebreaker due to common game and be the 6th seed over us while Minnesota would still be #5.)

Atlanta 9-7
Carolina 9-7 (Loss @ New Orleans, New Orleans, Atlanta)
Seattle 8-8 (Loss @ Carolina, Loss Minnesota, Kansas City)
Green Bay 7-8-1 (Loss @ Minnesota, Atlanta, @ Chicago)

We get in as the 6th seed over Carolina due to the sweep. 

Click here for Playoff Scenario on ESPN

Obviously their are plenty of other scenarios. One possible one is if Minnesota loses their next 3 (Green Bay, New England, Seattle) and then they could be looking at 8-7-1 and on the outside looking in. Green Bay would still only be 8-7-1 and out. Seattle would be #5, We would be #6 both at 9-7.

I won't give up until we have 8 losses. I have seen way worse than this before.

Agree! Hopefully the players do too. 

And to think the second game of the season was a must win... :) thats what i read here anyway.

falconsd56 and PriMeTiiMe like this

I like the optimism but just watching this team tells me they are not capable of winning in Green Bay, nor probably Carolina.  I won't even bother predicting what's coming in front of the whole universe Thanksgiving night.

The reality is this is a beaten team; a down year.  7-9 at best.

This year is why you can't let 28-3 slip away, because you can't just snap your fingers and get another crack at the Big One. 

Atta boy Prime...I’m trying to stay positive, it’s hard though.  Everybody knows the defense is struggling but yesterday I thought they played better than they have in awhile.

PriMeTiiMe likes this

I agree that 9-7 will make the playoffs.

The Falcons, sadly, won't get to 8 wins, let alone 9. There are no injured starters returning to the Offense, which has scored 

12 points vs a 4-6 team (L)

16 points vs a 3-6-1 team (L)

19 points at home vs a 5-5 team (L)

This schizophrenic Offense has at least one more game where it will wet itself and underperform vs a mediocre team. 

And of course the D is what it is. Road games vs Brees and Rodgers (given how ATL creatively loses games, they'll lose 9-6 in Green Bay, lol). Some opponent other than New Orleans will score 30+. 

Arizona is a likely W. The next best opportunities are at home vs Baltimore (although Jackson makes that team a LOT less predictable and we've seen how Quinn struggled against CLE's new twists on O), and the road closer vs Tampa. 

7-9 is going to be difficult to reach. Not impossible, but hard to reach.

Edited by Kaptain Krazy
Typo

Just stop...Have you watched any games this season?  What about this team makes you think we are about to go on a 5-1 run?  Sure, D. Jones coming back will be a boost for the defense, but he isn't going to fix all the things that are wrong with this team.  

4 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

Just stop...Have you watched any games this season?  What about this team makes you think we are about to go on a 5-1 run?  Sure, D. Jones coming back will be a boost for the defense, but he isn't going to fix all the things that are wrong with this team.  

The same thing that caused us to go on a 3 game run. Anything is possible. Be negative all you want. I will root for the best.

The same thing that caused us to go on a 3 game run. Anything is possible. Be negative all you want. I will root for the best.

Good for you. 

You never know, they might come out too cocky, or too amped, and make some early mistakes. 

Division games can be crazy.

PriMeTiiMe likes this

No offense brother but this is another irrational expectation.  We have glaring vulnerabilities but I would love it if there was a miracle.

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Good for you. 

You never know, they might come out too cocky, or too amped, and make some early mistakes. 

Division games can be crazy.

Exactly. People act like we didn't already play the Saints and lost in OT. In a game where we had a ton of new guys playing as the slew of injuries had just hit. Even Takk missed that game. Yet it took OT for them to beat us.

Anything is possible. I expect us to lose to the Saints but the other 5 games are winnable as was the Cowboys game. We let it slip away with mistakes. Is what it is.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

I can dig the optimism.  I certainly can see the Falcons winning each of those games individually.  The idea that this team would go that many games without shooting themselves in the foot though seems against the character of the 2018 Falcons at this point though.

PriMeTiiMe and Skeetbird like this

3 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I can dig the optimism.  I certainly can see the Falcons winning each of those games individually.  The idea that this team would go that many games without shooting themselves in the foot though seems against the character of the 2018 Falcons at this point though.

I can understand that. Even with the injuries I can't see this team just flat out giving up. 

No, we may not make them at 10-6 this year, but let's be real we aren't going 10-6 nor 9-7. Best we are doing is 7-9 and anything lower is also highly possible.

I can understand that. Even with the injuries I can't see this team just flat out giving up. 

I agree.  I didn't watch the game, was just able to watch the highlight package because I was at the Redskins Texans game.

In what I saw, I didn't see a team that lacked effort.  I think the Falcons just let the pressure get to them in a couple of situations.  Ryan taking sacks when the Falcons are on the edge of FG range, Julio had a great game but dropped a big pass early. Ridley......gosh...man I don't know what to say....that just can't happen if a team is going to win.

The Falcons just are really falling short on the little things.  Or maybe you know catching a ball that is right in your hands isn't a little thing actually.

1 minute ago, Peyton said:

I agree.  I didn't watch the game, was just able to watch the highlight package because I was at the Redskins Texans game.

In what I saw, I didn't see a team that lacked effort.  I think the Falcons just let the pressure get to them in a couple of situations.  Ryan taking sacks when the Falcons are on the edge of FG range, Julio had a great game but dropped a big pass early. Ridley......gosh...man I don't know what to say....that just can't happen if a team is going to win.

The Falcons just are really falling short on the little things.  Or maybe you know catching a ball that is right in your hands isn't a little thing actually.

It's what we saw last year as well. The loss/lack of focus. Not sure what brings that around. If a million dollars isn't enough to help you find focus at work, not sure what else will. Also as fans I think we overvalue the talent on the field. They might not be as good as we figured. Some are, Matt, Julio, Sanu, even Ridley, but on defense, maybe we thought they were better than they are.

Pacific_Falcon and vitaman like this