Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGABOZ

WTF is going on with the Offense?

77 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, sdogg said:

D and ST's quit on Quinn, it was just a matter of time before the O would follow. Now Quinn has lost the entire team. Mission "embrace the suck" accomplished. 

And any coach that Embraces the suck for his team to suck should not even be in the NFL with a sorry mentality like that that's literally having a will to lose smh... what the heck is Arthur Blank doing with a coach like that to run his team?

sdogg likes this

8 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I guess. Offense definitely didn’t look good. But it’s not because Ryan was terrible. He was fine. The team ran the ball a total of 18 times. Coleman only got 8 carries. Poor playcalling is what I saw today. If you want to nit pick, sure,  Ryan threw a couple passes that could have been picked. But the throw that actually WAS picked went through the hands of Ridley. Clearly not Ryan’s fault. That stuff balances out. IMO, the only game where Ryan has looked BAD was the Eagles game. Otherwise, he’s been playing very well this season. In fact, only Ryan, Julio, and maybe Ridley are having good seasons statistically. 

I dont think you can start attaching picks to players and NOT count the ones like the ball that Julio literally had to spear a defender like Sean Taylor (RIP). Ryan has alot of balls that our WR's do a good job of "playing DB" on, yet we can never count his INTs because some one else is always to blame. He has bad two game stretch. He has had 3/10 really bad games (Philly, Cle, Dallas).

6 hours ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

Matt Ryan is a system quarterback not a talented quarterback, Julio Jones, is the whole team "literally lol" Calvin Ridley is a mistake waiting to happen, Mohamed Sanu is only hung out to dry, Tevin Coleman is not used enough, we need to just replace all of our offensive line! there's your answer right there, I just gave it to you...

So Matt was good before Julio, in a run first Offense. Julio is the fastest receivers ever to 10000 yards. I'm guessing he was throwing the ball to himself, because I'm sure the most durable QB in the NFL didn't do it. 

TheUsualStuff and Geneaut like this

1 hour ago, MikeSmithsNotepad said:

I dont think you can start attaching picks to players and NOT count the ones like the ball that Julio literally had to spear a defender like Sean Taylor (RIP). Ryan has alot of balls that our WR's do a good job of "playing DB" on, yet we can never count his INTs because some one else is always to blame. He has bad two game stretch. He has had 3/10 really bad games (Philly, Cle, Dallas).

Take the time, and listen to your BS 

11 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

Defense shows up and Matt Ryan and company choke again

Sark isn't as good as some of his nut huggers are proclaiming.  16 and 19 points vs CLE and DAL is just turribowl.

10 hours ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

If you give a QB time, an NFL offense will not be stopped.  If your OL is a weakness, your offense will be spotty, at best.  Why is Drew Brees having one of his best years ever?  He's been sacked less than once a game, and he's only been hit 15 times...ALL YEAR.

This is the real answer.  It is crazy but the old saying that the game is won in the trenches is so true.  Too bad many on this board is to returded to see this.  Yet these same ones are bashing M Ryan for taking sacks and not getting rid of the ball or making the perfect play on every play.  As much as I think Sark is a joke, but if you give this team an oline like Brees has, and Sark would not be that big of a problem because of how much weapons we have on offense and M Ryan having time. 

Our guard position has been a huge weakness for 5+ years or so in a ROW!  Yet the FO can only address this with 5th+ round picks or lack luster FA signings.  Until we can shore up the Oline, we will never be able to compete with the big dawgs.  For example, Chicago's defense would have an absolute field day vs our oline.  

10 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

also in 16 when he was MVP the same folks said he lined sucked when we lost 

The guard spot was problem in 2016.  Ryan S seems to have regressed this season too, or perhaps he peaked in 2016?

10 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You know who’s also been bad? The run defense. They just allowed Ezekiel Elliot to get 200 all purpose yards today. The defense couldn’t get off the field resulting in the Falcons offense to 5 positions for the entire game by the start of the 4th quarter. Yet, down by 10, Ryan ties the game. Stop it man

Yep another physical team, at least offensively.  Zeke had a lot of all purpose yards today. Also our offensive line is trash.

12 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

Defense shows up and Matt Ryan and company choke again

Sark is the problem.  Matt, Julio and Sanu played well when they had a chance.  Matt was running for his life and no run game.  So of course Sark doesn't try and run inside and goes to the shotgun every play.

3 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

So Matt was good before Julio, in a run first Offense. Julio is the fastest receivers ever to 10000 yards. I'm guessing he was throwing the ball to himself, because I'm sure the most durable QB in the NFL didn't do it. 

Well look at it like this.. It's just like a relationship, everything always good in the beginning...

Faithful Falcon likes this

5 hours ago, MikeSmithsNotepad said:

agree if we have any chance he needs to step it up starting thursday night 

MikeSmithsNotepad likes this

7 minutes ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

Dan Quinn and Company it's what's wrong with it... and also Calvin really not living up to his potential but he's a rookie

Calvin is doing fine. He exploded with TDs early. Now Julio is getting them because Calvin is drawing attention.

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

Calvin is doing fine. He exploded with TDs early. Now Julio is getting them because Calvin is drawing attention.

I didn't say he was doing bad...

15 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Its everything BUT Steve Sarkisian.  Nothing better than seeing the Falcons line up shot gun with no back field on first down in the red zone only to get sacked.  There are so many times Matt Ryan is just left out there like a sitting duck and has no protection.  News Flash, defenses are not being fooled by the 50 play actions Matt Ryan is doing. 

We're not executing the play actions well enough. You can't just "wave" at the RB. That fools no one. Unfortunately that's what happens when you have a leaky OL. The QB gets nervous and cuts the fake short.

Now, the read option Dallas ran where everyone in the stadium thought Zeke had the ball and Dakk ran for the 1st down. THAT is how you execute a play fake.

10 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

We're not executing the play actions well enough. You can't just "wave" at the RB. That fools no one. Unfortunately that's what happens when you have a leaky OL. The QB gets nervous and cuts the fake short.

Now, the read option Dallas ran where everyone in the stadium thought Zeke had the ball and Dakk ran for the 1st down. THAT is how you execute a play fake.

The Falcons are great at running PA. But if you don't run the ball enough, which they haven't the last two weeks, teams are going to catch on to your fakes.

The Dallas defense rattled Matt Ryan early and often. It took him awhile to settle in after that. Then you have sets with nobody in the backfield. These would be fine in a hurry up offense trying to score before halftime or at the end. Why take out any possibility of it being a run and making things easier for the Dallas defense? Dumb. 

Then on defense the Falcons rush 3. I still can't believe it. They have trouble getting to the QB with 4 rushers. I don't get it. Even the best QBs struggle when they start taking hits and their timing is off. Instead they give the QB all day to throw and gas the defense. These schemes suck. 

In the first half, Ryan was hit a lot and sacked 3 times. They still got in FG range 4 times, unfortunately, on two possessions they went out of FG range due to sacks (6 points off the board). Can't punch it in when you get to the goal line (4 points off the board). Those 10 points converted = Falcons win.

Ridley interception and Dallas scores a TD (7 points).

It's happening every week. Against Cleveland, Sanu fumbles right out of halftime stretching on a play he didn't have to and Cleveland scores a TD (7 points). Falcons can't convert from the goal line against the Browns (7 points).

They have too many execution errors in crucial times.

mtldirtybird likes this

12 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

In the first half, Ryan was hit a lot and sacked 3 times. They still got in FG range 4 times, unfortunately, on two possessions they went out of FG range due to sacks (6 points off the board). Can't punch it in when you get to the goal line (4 points off the board). Those 10 points converted = Falcons win.

Ridley interception and Dallas scores a TD (7 points).

It's happening every week. Against Cleveland, Sanu fumbles right out of halftime stretching on a play he didn't have to and Cleveland scores a TD (7 points). Falcons can't convert from the goal line against the Browns (7 points).

They have too many execution errors in crucial times.

agree 100%

Yet no one or anything is addressing these issues.

MilleniumFalcon likes this

17 hours ago, FalconJim said:

What?  The defense showed up???  When?  I must've missed that!  I know, I got sick of seeing Dak standing in the pocket, and having ALL DAY to throw the ball!!!  Very little pressure AT ALL!!!  This HAS to change in the draft and free-agency this off-season. 

But yea, our offense has took a nose dive over the last two games.  I think opposing teams have found out our weaknesses on a very light O-line, and are exploiting them ---- Ryan was on his heels a good part of the game!  Why don't we have any "big uglies" up there, like most other NFL teams?!?!?!  Asking for a friend --- lol...

agreed. The D was way worse than the offense!!!

FalconJim likes this

2 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

The gimmick handoffs are by design. Every team in the league does that and teams at every level of football draw it up that way. Some are actual pull aways and some are just a hand wave toward the RB. We run the ZBS so those are the more effective PA's