Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGABOZ

WTF is going on with the Offense?

77 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Its everything BUT Steve Sarkisian.  Nothing better than seeing the Falcons line up shot gun with no back field on first down in the red zone only to get sacked.  There are so many times Matt Ryan is just left out there like a sitting duck and has no protection.  News Flash, defenses are not being fooled by the 50 play actions Matt Ryan is doing. 

so again is ryan just a puppet or can he audible? its amazing we run the same plays over and over again each game, middle school offense

18 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

so again is ryan just a puppet or can he audible? its amazing we run the same plays over and over again each game, middle school offense

Matt Ryan's just super overrated, wouldn't you agree? /sarcasm

Edited by AndrewsFrancisBart

1 minute ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

Matt Ryan's just super overrated, wouldn't you agree?

Now I am not a huge Ryan fan but ,man for some reason he is struggling 

1 minute ago, UGABOZ said:

Now I am not a huge Ryan fan but ,man for some reason he is struggling 

Ok, I personally don't think Ryan's overrated.  I think he's severely underrated.  This is going to be the greatest QB season in NFL history on a team that misses the playoffs. 

I was being rhetorical with my last response.  My belief is the OL is the problem.

Faithful Falcon and falcon22 like this

39 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

It's all good, but Dallas has a decent defense too. Our defense played okay. If Garrett was a decent coach, he would have fed Zek until he looked like Grady Jackson.

Lol. Love this quote! Grady an original fat bstrd! 

Faithful Falcon likes this

17 minutes ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

Ok, I personally don't think Ryan's overrated.  I think he's severely underrated.  This is going to be the greatest QB season in NFL history on a team that misses the playoffs. 

I was being rhetorical with my last response.  My belief is the OL is the problem.

but with ryan its always the oline lol 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ryan is definitely not the problem. Not even close

the last 2 games he has been bad sorry man take your jersey off his first pass today should have been an int for a td he is in a funk

the last 2 games he has been bad sorry man take your jersey off his first pass today should have been an int for a td he is in a funk

You know who’s also been bad? The run defense. They just allowed Ezekiel Elliot to get 200 all purpose yards today. The defense couldn’t get off the field resulting in the Falcons offense to 5 positions for the entire game by the start of the 4th quarter. Yet, down by 10, Ryan ties the game. Stop it man

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

You know who’s also been bad? The run defense. They just allowed Ezekiel Elliot to get 200 all purpose yards today. The defense held the Falcons offense to 5 positions for the entire game by the start of the 4th quarter. Yet, down by 10, Ryan ties the game. Stop it man

22 points is pretty good for our low down hurt D I am trying to figure out wtf is wrong with our high powered offense! **** man we scored 1 td today good lord

22 points is pretty good for our low down hurt D I am trying to figure out wtf is wrong with our high powered offense! **** man we scored 1 td today good lord

I guess. Offense definitely didn’t look good. But it’s not because Ryan was terrible. He was fine. The team ran the ball a total of 18 times. Coleman only got 8 carries. Poor playcalling is what I saw today. If you want to nit pick, sure,  Ryan threw a couple passes that could have been picked. But the throw that actually WAS picked went through the hands of Ridley. Clearly not Ryan’s fault. That stuff balances out. IMO, the only game where Ryan has looked BAD was the Eagles game. Otherwise, he’s been playing very well this season. In fact, only Ryan, Julio, and maybe Ridley are having good seasons statistically. 

falcon22 and Faithful Falcon like this

6 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

Funk =

24/34 291 yds 1 TD 1 INT (tipped off Ridleys hands)

38/52 330 yds 2 TD 0 INT 

72% completions, 621 yds, 3 TDs 1 INT....what else would you like him to do? He threw a dime to Julio to tie the game only to have the defense bend over and take it from the cowboys on the ensuing drive (with some help from Quinn's time management)  

Dallas only scored 22 points because their offense is ball control, take a long time in drives with many plays with short passes, so they are not a quick striking offense so judging by total points is not a great gauge. They had the ball in dominant amount of time and the defense couldn’t get them off the field and that proves at the end when they allowed the game winning FG drive. 

1 hour ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

People make this more difficult than it really is.  If you give a QB time, an NFL offense will not be stopped.  If your OL is a weakness, your offense will be spotty, at best.  Why is Drew Brees having one of his best years ever?  He's been sacked less than once a game, and he's only been hit 15 times...ALL YEAR.

Our OL sucks, that's why our offense is inconsistent.  If we didn't have a great QB, and some of the best skill players in the game, our offense would really blow.

This,

Ol blows donkey phallus.

falcon22 likes this

1 hour ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

People make this more difficult than it really is.  If you give a QB time, an NFL offense will not be stopped.  If your OL is a weakness, your offense will be spotty, at best.  Why is Drew Brees having one of his best years ever?  He's been sacked less than once a game, and he's only been hit 15 times...ALL YEAR.

Our OL sucks, that's why our offense is inconsistent.  If we didn't have a great QB, and some of the best skill players in the game, our offense would really blow.

Bingo 

falcon22 likes this

There is absolutely no doubt that the OL is a major problem. People want to attack the QB, WRs and RBs and although obviously they play a role, they operate in a constant major disadvantage when defenders are in the backfield constantly either blowing up running plays or disrupting timing and forcing the QB to pass before routes develop. It is a major issue, they are constantly blowing blocks or getting pushed back. 

1 hour ago, Rgunzz said:

Umm it’s the falcons! 3 main players hurt on defense they have a excuse, offense doesn’t look at the money on offense vs defense!! No heart is all you need to know!

I think the o line needs to tighten up.

47 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

Ryan could have 5 all pro line,man and still F up 

Describe how that happened today, or stop being a jack@ss. Your QB runs your Offense. Ryan is right on point to make every play, and his timing is thrown off by bad OL play 

Well... When your oline is on skates, the opposing Dline is coming back as fast as if no one is blocking,your QB is constantly off balance, and every throw is rushed. When your QB gets is out and WRs fail to catch the ball. When 99% of your positive runs only comes along with the line "what a big hole for Coleman".  Your OC isn't doesn't really know how to use what he has and is depending on her talent to save him. You have these days.

D and ST's quit on Quinn, it was just a matter of time before the O would follow. Now Quinn has lost the entire team. Mission "embrace the suck" accomplished. 

NCFalconfan likes this

4 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

Defense shows up and Matt Ryan and company choke again

Matt Ryan is a system quarterback not a talented quarterback, Julio Jones, is the whole team "literally lol" Calvin Ridley is a mistake waiting to happen, Mohamed Sanu is only hung out to dry, Tevin Coleman is not used enough, we need to just replace all of our offensive line! there's your answer right there, I just gave it to you...