WTF is going on with the Offense?

UGABOZ

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People make this more difficult than it really is.  If you give a QB time, an NFL offense will not be stopped.  If your OL is a weakness, your offense will be spotty, at best.  Why is Drew Brees having one of his best years ever?  He's been sacked less than once a game, and he's only been hit 15 times...ALL YEAR.

Our OL sucks, that's why our offense is inconsistent.  If we didn't have a great QB, and some of the best skill players in the game, our offense would really blow.

Just now, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

People make this more difficult than it really is.  If you give a QB time, an NFL offense will not be stopped.  If your OL is a weakness, your offense will be spotty, at best.  Why is Drew Brees having one of his best years ever?  He's been sacked less than once a game, and he's only been hit 15 times...ALL YEAR.

Our OL sucks, that's why our offense is inconsistent.  If we didn't have a great QB, and some of the best skill players in the game, our offense would really blow.

drew also can move the pocket and scramble to me its a little of both Ryan needs tons of time and once the 4 seconds is not there its over 

2 minutes ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

also in 16 when he was MVP the same folks said he lined sucked when we lost 

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

It's all good, but Dallas has a decent defense too. Our defense played okay. If Garrett was a decent coach, he would have fed Zek until he looked like Grady Jackson.

I agree our defense played good but on offense we were for the second week in a row terrible

12 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

Defense shows up and Matt Ryan and company choke again

What?  The defense showed up???  When?  I must've missed that!  I know, I got sick of seeing Dak standing in the pocket, and having ALL DAY to throw the ball!!!  Very little pressure AT ALL!!!  This HAS to change in the draft and free-agency this off-season. 

But yea, our offense has took a nose dive over the last two games.  I think opposing teams have found out our weaknesses on a very light O-line, and are exploiting them ---- Ryan was on his heels a good part of the game!  Why don't we have any "big uglies" up there, like most other NFL teams?!?!?!  Asking for a friend --- lol...

1 minute ago, UGABOZ said:

drew also can move the pocket and scramble to me its a little of both Ryan needs tons of time and once the 4 seconds is not there its over 

Ryan has moved around the pocket and scrambled out of problems all year long.  He doesn't need tons of time -- he needs a chance to finish his drop.  He had about 1.5 seconds to make a read and throw today before his pocket collapsed.  I'd love to know when you saw him get 4 seconds.  This ain't Ryan's fault. 

Its everything BUT Steve Sarkisian.  Nothing better than seeing the Falcons line up shot gun with no back field on first down in the red zone only to get sacked.  There are so many times Matt Ryan is just left out there like a sitting duck and has no protection.  News Flash, defenses are not being fooled by the 50 play actions Matt Ryan is doing. 

9 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

What?  The defense showed up???  When?  I must've missed that!  I know, I got sick of seeing Dak standing in the pocket, and having ALL DAY to throw the ball!!!  Very little pressure AT ALL!!!  This HAS to change in the draft and free-agency this off-season. 

But yea, our offense has took a nose dive over the last two games.  I think opposing teams have found out our weaknesses on a very light O-line, and are exploiting them ---- Ryan was on his heels a good part of the game!  Why don't we have any "big uglies" up there, like most other NFL teams?!?!?!  Asking for a friend --- lol...

wow 22 points to dallas is pretty **** good buddy

2 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Its everything BUT Steve Sarkisian.  Nothing better than seeing the Falcons line up shot gun with no back field on first down in the red zone only to get sacked.  There are so many times Matt Ryan is just left out there like a sitting duck and has no protection.  News Flash, defenses are not being fooled by the 50 play actions Matt Ryan is doing. 

Sark's understanding of the offense has greatly improved this year, but I will agree with you, his situational formation choice and game flow still leaves a lot to be desired.

Archived