Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gtech1

Field goal from 37 yard line

66 posts in this topic

They were at the 31 and Ryan was sacked to the 37-yard line, I thought it was the 39-yard line while watching on TV so I wasn't too surprised about skipping out on the FG at the time (given Bryant's Hamstring issue). I guess Quinn doesn't want to chance the miss and give Dallas good field position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ME: It was at that point that I thought, "Why am I wasting my beautiful Sunday here in the ATL to suffer though this nonsense?"

MORGAN FREEMAN: And he did continue to waste his time on that most glorious fall day. If fact, the next 13 hours, he was left with a small flow of spittle running from the left side of his mouth to his chest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Falcons_own_nfc_south said:

I was screaming in the stadium that's why you don't INACTIVE Tavecchio...    If you have no confidence in your kicker then don't activate him

My thoughts exactly. You either believe in him to play up to his normal abilities, or you don't activate him yet. You can't half-a** it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gee-Q said:

Quinn has literally ZERO concept of game and clock management

This. It isn't hyperbole to say that Quinn costs us 3 games a year due to his in ability to follow obvious conventional wisdom during games. Sadly, one of them was the Super Bowl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, gtech1 said:

Anybody know why we punted from the 37 yard line in the 2nd quarter?

Are you freaking serious that dumb crap happened too I probably was too peed off to even realize it? At the 37?!!!  I'm so sick of Dan Quinn, angers the heck out of me..

Why can't Arthur Blank see that this is  a dumb idiot he has running this football team.

Sometimes I believe Arthur Blank has just given up smh.. he's getting old anyway. Freaking sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, etherdome said:

I tuned in for the second half.  I wasn't even aware that Quinn made such a bone-headed decision.  

Goodness, I like the guy but his game decisions are sometimes ridiculous.  

Flashback:  Run it three times, FG, hoist the Lombardi.  

Just that God darn simple and he's a head coach and couldn't he couldn't even think to do that.. we lost a whole Super Bowl against the New England Patriots and all he had to do is run? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

ME: It was at that point that I thought, "Why am I wasting my beautiful Sunday here in the ATL to suffer though this nonsense?"

MORGAN FREEMAN: And he did continue to waste his time on that most glorious fall day. If fact, the next 13 hours, he was left with a small flow of spittle running from the left side of his mouth to his chest.

It sure is beautiful out here in Atlanta at this moment. The trees, crisp air, yellow,orange,red leaves. It's a sight to see. So beautiful.

Emmitt likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, gtech1 said:

Anybody know why we punted from the 37 yard line in the 2nd quarter?

Guessing that maybe Quinn didn't want to stress that hamstring.

But if that was the case, maybe he should have had Tavechio as the kicker yesterday.

Also aggravating that Ryan took that sack in that situation.  Huge moment in the game as it turned out.

Emmitt likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Falcons_own_nfc_south said:

I was screaming in the stadium that's why you don't INACTIVE Tavecchio...    If you have no confidence in your kicker then don't activate him

On top of that, who has kicking duties should Bryant reinjure his hammy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Guessing that maybe Quinn didn't want to stress that hamstring.

But if that was the case, maybe he should have had Tavechio as the kicker yesterday.

Also aggravating that Ryan took that sack in that situation.  Huge moment in the game as it turned out.

If there's one thing that really ticks me off about Ryan it's that he just doesn't have the ability to get the ball away when he's about to get sacked. 

(I guess we should probably be glad he's at least smarter than to fling it to the other team in that situation.) 

Emmitt, Malachore and Flying Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Guessing that maybe Quinn didn't want to stress that hamstring.

But if that was the case, maybe he should have had Tavechio as the kicker yesterday.

Also aggravating that Ryan took that sack in that situation.  Huge moment in the game as it turned out.

 that p's me off even more! you have another kicker on the roster you don't even use him in that situation, if that was the reason to put at the 37-yard line cuz he didn't want to aggravate the man's hamstring?  Man, Dan Quinn is slow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, octoslash said:

If there's one thing that really ticks me off about Ryan it's that he just doesn't have the ability to get the ball away when he's about to get sacked. 

(I guess we should probably be glad he's at least smarter than to fling it to the other team in that situation.) 

And it seems an inordinate number of them happen when the Falcons are on the edge of FG range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look Dan Reed, wasn't the best coach, Jim Mora wasn't the best coach, Mike Smith darn sure wasn't the best coach but Dan Quinn, he doesn't even deserve to be a coach!

Flame me for it then..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites