Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

2 Wild card spots wide open

71 posts in this topic

I'm not ready to fold the tent.

It's no guarantee that the Vikings and Panthers hold on to those spots and the teams fighting for it are all in it to the end.

My bold prediction to win the Division are Cowboys, Bears, Aints, and Rams.

The battle for 2 spots

[Redskins 6-4] currently lead the East but just lost their starting QB for the season. They were already missing both starting G's and depended on AP on offense to carry them. (I see them going downhill quickly. Plus we have the head to head with them) Remaining schedule: @ cowboys, @ eagles, vs giants, @ jaguars, @ titans, vs eagles

[Eagles 4-5 but will be 4-6] are currently fighting for the East and wild card but Injuries are starting to pile up for them and at the wrong time. Their Schedule is getting tougher (I see them going downhill quickly). Remaining schedule: vs giants, vs redskins, @ cowboys, @ rams, vs texans, @ redskins

[Vikings 5-3-1] are currently fighting for the North and wild card. Yes they have a good chance to win the division but I think Bears will take it. (They are legit threat to take 1 WC spot). Remaining schedule: @ bears, vs packers, @ patriots, @ seahawks, vs dolphins, @ lions, vs bears

[Packers 4-6] are currently fighting for the North and wild card. They beat Chicago to begin the season and tied the Vikings but are 2.5 games back. (I don't see them winning many games going forward and lost a stud on their D-line for a few games. (If we beat them we can control the head to head if it comes to it.) Remaining schedule: @ vikings, vs cardinals, vs packers, @ bears, @ jets, vs lions 

[Panthers 6-4] after today's lost they are currently fighting for the wild card. (Some of their early season luck is running out i.e. Giants, Eagles after the last two weeks. We still play them and they have the Saints twice. Remaining schedule: vs seahawks, @ bucs, @ browns, vs saints, vs falcons, @ saints

[Seahawks 5-5] are playing for the wild card. They still have some decent opponents on their schedule. Remaining schedule: @ panthers, vs 49ers, vs vikings, @ 49ers, vs chiefs, vs cardinals

2 minutes ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

The last team to make the playoffs who started 4-6 was the 2016 Packers. They ran the table and won 6 straight.

I think we can do it.

Packers lost to the Cowboys that year at home 30-16 but end up beating the #1 seed Cowboys to play in the NFCCG against us.

They were also injured AF

Kung Fu Kenny likes this

Usually, I’d be just as optimistic as you. I’m not as beaten down like a lot of the old guys on here. But man, these past two weeks have shown us that we don’t have it. This seasons a wrap. Not saying you can’t be optimistic, just stating the obvious that we’re done. 

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

The last team to make the playoffs who started 4-6 was the 2016 Packers. They ran the table and won 6 straight.

I think we can do it.

Packers lost to the Cowboys that year at home 30-16 but end up beating the #1 seed Cowboys to play in the NFCCG against us.

This team ain’t the packers. Y’all seriously have to stop using other teams and old examples to justify your optimism. It just doesn’t work that way in real life man. This team has hit a road block on the side of the ball that’s been red hot all season. Then you still got a defense that can barely generate a pass rush even against the worst offensive lines. The worst part is when the falcons are officially mathematically eliminated you guys are still going to find ways to say why the falcons should be there or make excuses. Just accept the reality man. 

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

None of this matters if the Falcons don’t win. They need to win all 6 to make the playoffs. I don’t see them going on a 6 game winning streak.

Especially when it starts with the red hot aints in their own house and playing on a short week.

3 minutes ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

I think we can do it.

So, you're saying there's a chance?  LOL!!! 

I don't know, sounds pretty far-fetched to me....but, this old die-hard Falcons fan is still hoping for a miracle!  

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

This team ain’t the packers. Y’all seriously have to stop using other teams and old examples to justify your optimism. It just doesn’t work that way in real life man. This team has hit a road block on the side of the ball that’s been red hot all season. Then you still got a defense that can barely generate a pass rush even against the worst offensive lines. The worst part is when the falcons are officially mathematically eliminated you guys are still going to find ways to say why the falcons should be there or make excuses. Just accept the reality man. 

I simply stated the Packers was the last team to do it. Until we are mathematically eliminated I will believe we will win every game.

This thread cant be serious ... optimistic? .... more like delusional or wishful thinking , I've thought like this for 41 yrs. With this team ... I've finally woken up ....90% of the  players and all the COACHES are just collecting checks this year 

MAD597, zekeyboy1, ya_boi_j and 2 others like this

13 minutes ago, Shooter Says said:

Mathematically, we are not eliminated. But c'mon man, we've seen all we needed to see in the past 2 weeks to know that this team isn't making the playoffs. 

Falcons kicked us in the teeth, 28/3, punched us in the gut, 2017, and slapped us in the face today.,,,yep, we done, beyotches!! 

Edited by roguebeaver

6 minutes ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

I simply stated the Packers was the last team to do it. Until we are mathematically eliminated I will believe we will win every game.

Do you. 

Kung Fu Kenny likes this

11 minutes ago, DixieTwister said:

Especially when it starts with the red hot aints in their own house and playing on a short week.

I won’t sleep on the Aints game. Aunts knocked 8-0 falcons team in 2012. Falcons Aints games are almost always last possession games.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

I won’t sleep on the Aints game. Aunts knocked 8-0 falcons team in 2012. Falcons Aints games are almost always last possession games.

Normally I would agree but I just don't have the confidence and optimism to see the current Falcons being in the game that long.