JP

An open letter to Arthur Blank

28 posts in this topic

Dear Mr. Blank -

If Dan Quinn remains head coach after today’s game, I will not spend another second watching this team or giving you my hard-earned money. How many more games will you allow your HEAD COACH to cost your team games? After years of questionable decisions and then insanely boneheaded decisions the past two weeks — last weekend him not challenging a clear touchdown and today giving the Cowboys at extra 8 yards, which was just enough for a hooking field goal to go through the uprights — he must go.

Dan Quinn seems like a nice fella but he is fully incapable of leading us to a championship. As a head coach in the National Football League, he clearly doesn’t understand the basics of football…when to call time outs, how to eat clock with a lead, when to challenge and not challenge calls, etc., etc., etc. And as importantly, Coach Quinn is obviously unable to get his team ready to beat teams like Cleveland (who doesn’t beat anybody) and Dallas at home, with the entire season on the line.

1*HDwuwwwNsDeIwaxkaxlQyg.jpeg

Do I need to go into the 28–3 lead that he wilted away in the SUPER BOWL? Nope, everyone knows that story, but since every. single. opposing. fan. constantly reminds us of that atrocious meltdown, let me remind you…Dan Quinn blew THE BIGGEST LEAD IN SUPER BOWL HISTORY. All he had to do was run three times, kick a field goal (he must have forgot that we have one of the most consistent kickers in NFL history), and the Atlanta Falcons are Super Bowl champions. Yep, the basics. You do realize that Falcon fans will never live this down right? Well that is unless we finally hoist that beautiful Vince Lombardi trophy.

1*n_mKO67DUdRA_glpuV4E6w.png

We are wasting the golden years of our Hall of Fame talent. How much longer do you think Matt and Julio will play at this level? The past few seasons we’ve lost a slew of games to teams that we should not be losing to, in pretty horrific ways. Let me ask you something…do you ever feel overly confident going into a football game? I sure don’t, even when on paper we have a more talented team. Why? Because our head coach doesn’t properly prepare this team. We are an undisciplined, unfocused bunch far too often. Sure we had injuries this year, but Dan Quinn is supposed to be a brilliant defensive mind and his defenses have looked clueless all year.

1*BDQ2Xo_oFcPsPVuk-Tze7Q.jpeg

Loyalty is a great quality but not when it’s to a fault. Perhaps others won’t say it but I will…you are too loyal Arthur. Where did your loyalties get you with Mike Smith? Dan Quinn is Mike Smith 2.0 to a T. He’s a good talent evaluator but a terrible head coach. Look at where Smitty is now. Out of yet another job having recently been fired in Tampa Bay. You kept that guy around for far too long and I fear the same thing happening here. I’m tired of Quinn’s bland, repetitive answers when questioned about why we lost a game. I’m tired of his clichés and empty slogans (like “In Brotherhood”). I’m tired of his lack of fire when his team does stupid $hit game in, game out. I’m tired. Actually, I’m exhausted. Being a Falcon fan is completely exhausting.

1*Mx5onTuQ3DDcrac0ySeTuQ.jpeg

My family and I have been watching this team since year one. We had season tickets up until you point when you decided to build an unneeded stadium, charge an insane amount for PSL’s (effectively pricing us out), and turn our football field into an amusement park, creating empty seats throughout leading to zero energy and fan noise. My family was able to look past that though. While sitting in our seats at NRG Stadium during halftime of the Super Bowl, my brother, father, and I, finally felt that that the 50 years of hardship were worth it. We were finally going to see our beloved team win a title. Enter Dan Quinn. But hey, at least we have $2 hot dogs.

1*JlkSUjZiT4XsJMVpuB8tTw.jpeg

Please Mr. Blank…I’m a 42 year old man virtually begging you at this point. Please bring us a proven winner. Please bring in a coach who understands the most simple aspects of the game. Please bring us a coach who doesn’t isn’t satisfied with a small lead and who doesn’t seem to enjoy every game going down to the wire. Please bring in a coach who has that Bill Belichick killer instinct and who goes for the jugular. MY jugular, and heart, simply can’t take it anyone. The fans deserve better. The franchise deserves better. You deserve better. Please.

Sincerely,

A lifelong Atlanta Falcon’s fan who can’t take more losing

Edited by JP
Repeat photo
Club212, gtech1, Falconguy and 6 others like this

JP -

I appreciate your letter and those pictures you included of Coach Dan Quinn.  Winning is everything and it pains me when we fall short.  That's why we put the fans first with affordable hot dogs and beverages at the stadium.   I hope you will come and enjoy all our amenities and be the 12th man our team needs.  (If not, then we'll find someone else.)

Go Falcons!  Rise up!

-Arthur Blank 

FurtherAB, did you ask Dan if he agreed with Pete’call, to lose the back to back SB opportunity before we hired him? DQ probably said, don’t ask me, I’m defense not offense..,,they would have blown Quinn’s mind! But, would have given a clue about his thought process. Then, AB May have kept on looking! 

Legion of boom has busted in Seattle, never got launched in Atlanta, and won’t under Dannie Boy! 

2 hours ago, Trick Montalban said:

Quinn deserves another season without injuries everywhere to key starters before getting fired 

Why? Do you really think he will stay out of the way in key game management situations?

What about the OC and DC? Will we blitz more than 5% of plays?

Sarkisian? Is it him or the players or the preparation? I think at this point, the issue is more in game planning and playcalling...will there be a change?

2 hours ago, Trick Montalban said:

Quinn deserves another season without injuries everywhere to key starters before getting fired 

Gotta agree. I get everyone wanting to throw blame somewhere but it’s definitrly injuries over everything that has caused the issues we have.

3 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

If you look though 3D glasses and turn your head to the right slightly while looking at Quinn's picture, looks like he is morphing into Mike Smith

Or Mora

FalconinPA likes this