Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
New Hope Eagle

5 years under DQ and game is the same

38 posts in this topic

In 5 years under DQ we Falcons continue to lose for the same reasons.

weak and Soft O line and D line (isnt he a D line expert??) how many times do our Dlineman's name never get called? i only heard beasley today.  did any others play?

poor tackling, dropped picks.  lose turnover margin almost every game. and they cannot overcome a penalty, missed tackle

the worst clock management in the history of football. no reason to use timeout on that last set of plays.(thats saying something when we had mike smith as HC)

dropped passes that almost always seem to get picked off.  and poor play calling when it matters most.

the SuperBowl was a work in progress two years back.  falcons gave up so many big leads in 4th and barely won.  we perfected that in the Superbowl and are laughing stock of NFL

not only does this team not make in game adjustments, they cant do it game to game or even year to year.

the biggest problem i have is the approach.  DQ says its not about them its about us.  sometimes it is about them.  you have to practice against the others teams stengths and weaknesses.  i truly believe that many of these games are lost during the week.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

This is 4, if this continues for 5th there won’t be 6th. AB isn’t gonna sit back and do nothing.

If 2019 is like 2018, then he will indeed be gone. AB won‘t tolerate two losing seasons in a row.

I actually would fire him because those meltdowns had happened in 2015 as well, in the SB and in multiple games in 2017 and 2018. For me this is not the first losing season under Dan Quinn.

LongLiveNito and Halcon-1 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The falcons have enough talent on both sides of the ball to go out there and win every week. Lots of bone headed decisions and and bad plays have cost this team a lot. Add in the unnecessary injuries and you are set for a let down year.

Lowndesfalc likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well regardless of what the Falcons do in the front office, there's no way this Falcons team is getting back to the postseason until the 2020 season at the earliest. So it will be year 6 for Dan Quinn that will tell us everything or year 1 for a new head coach. Dan Quinn will still be here in 2019 no matter what, and we aren't making the playoffs next season, in fact, next season could be worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Well regardless of what the Falcons do in the front office, there's no way this Falcons team is getting back to the postseason until the 2020 season at the earliest. So it will be year 6 for Dan Quinn that will tell us everything or year 1 for a new head coach. Dan Quinn will still be here in 2019 no matter what, and we aren't making the playoffs next season, in fact, next season could be worse. 

Again I'll ask wonder if Eagles fans, Jags fans, or even Seahawks fans at this point thinking the same thing.

We've been over this time and again each year teams change quite a LOT!

I dare you guys to go back and think about which teams were in the 2016-2017 playoffs and look at the changeover the following season in 2017-2018 which just passed.

I'd rather vote for continuity than just blow everything up after a couple of years.

Geaux_Falcons likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am not saying fire quinn but something has to change.  we are the most predictable team in the league and that does rest on the HC.  even with all the injuries we have lost 4 games on last drive or last play.  and thats pathetic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Let's change out another coach and lose any sort of continuity

What continuity, losing?! My god, it’s anout winning titles not playing 500 ball or better! 

Some just don’t understand winning it all! Winning some, I guess is acceptable, but a track record is a track record for a reason. Give me a ceo that looses shareholder money 4 years in a row, and I’ll show you a loser, and a fired gentleman! 

****, you got the same money to spend, the same opportunity, yet, ya just cant get the siht done! 

Continuity is f’ing overrated! Pay for a job, hire a project manager, get job done! Dan Wuinn ain’t the only turd in the punch bowl! There are others that may be better! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jesus said:

The falcons have enough talent on both sides of the ball to go out there and win every week. Lots of bone headed decisions and and bad plays have cost this team a lot. Add in the unnecessary injuries and you are set for a let down year.

Is there such thing as a necessary injury? Or are you saying injuries are scripted so they are necessary when called upon for a reason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zone#7 said:

Again I'll ask wonder if Eagles fans, Jags fans, or even Seahawks fans at this point thinking the same thing.

We've been over this time and again each year teams change quite a LOT!

I dare you guys to go back and think about which teams were in the 2016-2017 playoffs and look at the changeover the following season in 2017-2018 which just passed.

I'd rather vote for continuity than just blow everything up after a couple of years.

Two of those teams have recent SB titles. One of those teams hasn't proven anything beyond ONE stellar season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

What continuity, losing?! My god, it’s anout winning titles not playing 500 ball or better! 

Some just don’t understand winning it all! Winning some, I guess is acceptable, but a track record is a track record for a reason. Give me a ceo that looses shareholder money 4 years in a row, and I’ll show you a loser, and a fired gentleman! 

****, you got the same money to spend, the same opportunity, yet, ya just cant get the siht done! 

Continuity is f’ing overrated! Pay for a job, hire a project manager, get job done! Dan Wuinn ain’t the only turd in the punch bowl! There are others that may be better! 

I guess the Saints should've fired Peyton when they went 7-9 two or three seasons in a row? Nope, they kept their coach, attacked the draft, and now they're reaping the benefit.

Macintez and Pay the Zebra like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many defensive gurus with crappy defenses can this franchise hire as HC’s? 

OP hit on a good point with the tackling issue, I almost forgot about some of those whiffs in the open field we’ve seen over the last few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

Again I'll ask wonder if Eagles fans, Jags fans, or even Seahawks fans at this point thinking the same thing.

We've been over this time and again each year teams change quite a LOT!

I dare you guys to go back and think about which teams were in the 2016-2017 playoffs and look at the changeover the following season in 2017-2018 which just passed.

I'd rather vote for continuity than just blow everything up after a couple of years.

It's not like Quinn hasn't had success either. Super bowl appearance in year 2(should be been a win). Made it back to the playoffs in year 3, and was one play away from being in the NFCCG. Still has a shot in year 4 to make it back in if he runs the table. Has drafted and developed some great players that Mike Smith never came close to doing. I mean seriously, you would have thought we have been the Cleveland browns for the past 3 years by some fans reactions.

dfsutton likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of overreaction here.  This season is a disappointment for sure, but our defense has been gutted, and I honestly don't know if our line can't get any pressure, or we can't cover long enough for them to get to the QB, or some combination, but it's a train wreck, and our healthiest group(D-Line) looks terrible also.  That being said, they showed a lot of improvement last year when our offense was struggling.  We're injuries away from being in the mix.  This has to be eye opening about our depth on D though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I love how you hot-head football geniuses are so quick to say 'FIRE EVERYBODY!!!!'

...yet never say who you'd get to replace them. 

John Harbaugh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0