Shocker, we lost!!!!

matty72780

The fact we didn’t get in the RZ until the 4th quarter is all I need to see to call for Sarks head. When we had the 3rd down in the 4th from the 6 yard line they showed Sark before the commercial break looking at his play sheet and sighing. If you don’t know the exact play you’re dialing up in that situation you don’t deserve a job. Then we run empty backfield shotgun and don’t convert - an empty backfield makes you one dimensional but it seems that’s our go-to formation inside the 10 yard line, WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!? Julio & Matt are just getting older, we have the best offense in the league on paper - this is 100% on Sark. Two must win games last two weeks and we lose both. Hot f’n garbage!!!!!!  Might as well just lose out for a better draft pick - maybe we can trade all our picks for an O-cord that doesn’t go full tardo every opportunity he has. 

Edited by matty72780

The sad thing is that if we had won 2 winnable games against the Browns and Cowboys we would have been 6-4 and 2nd in the division in front of the now 6-4 Panthers after their Lions loss, coming into New Orleans. We are basically eliminated now. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

Sark made mistakes but the Ridley topped ball interception was killer. So was the crappy OL play.

Yeah I get it but we should be lighting up the scoreboard. We have the best WR trio in the NFL, an above average RB. Sark is in over his head. I hate continuously bringing this up but you go from one of the best offenses in NFL history under Shanny to a pedestrian offense under Sark with actually better personnel being that Ridley is on the squad. There is nobody else to blame. I knew Sark was a horrible hire and sure nuff, he is!

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Offense only had 8 possessions today and gained 354 yards. They ran 55 plays and averaged 6.4 yards per play. They were 6/12 on 3rd down. They only had the ball for 28:03. Turnover wasn't Sark's fault. Sorry, just don't see how I can pin this one on Sark. The Browns game? Yes, this one? Nope.

Essentially all of that yardage came off 2 drives in the 4th qtr. the whole game was garbage 

1 minute ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Sark calls the plays that the oline practices and executes poorly.. how many toss plays for a 6 yard loss are we gonna run to schraeders side? Thats on the playcaller too

I saw very few toss plays today. Lot fewer than he was calling several weeks ago. But he can't play for the guys. If they guys aren't doing their job then get someone out that that will. That's on Quinn. Not Sark. Folks blaming Sark and Manuel for stuff and it all falls on Quinn.

We can put blame everywhere but the truth is, we look good on paper as an offense but we are NOT A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM.  I’ve held out hope others have held out hope but as a Falcons fan it seems like it usually goes this way.  We truly have less good years left with Matt and Julio, so we can’t keep thinking next year and next OC.  

29 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

We lose to the Browns, we lose to the Cowboys and now we have a short week for the Saints....Season over! 

If the browns game was must win and we lost... How is the cowboy game must win or the Browns game for that matter. Neither were must wins until we are eliminated. We are not

23 minutes ago, Dukeduke211 said:

If the browns game was must win and we lost... How is the cowboy game must win or the Browns game for that matter. Neither were must wins until we are eliminated. We are not

Every game is a must win. We needed these two games to keep pace in the division and wildcard. You’re the fan equivalent of Sark. Jesus. 

58 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Offense only had 8 possessions today and gained 354 yards. They ran 55 plays and averaged 6.4 yards per play. They were 6/12 on 3rd down. They only had the ball for 28:03. Turnover wasn't Sark's fault. Sorry, just don't see how I can pin this one on Sark. The Browns game? Yes, this one? Nope.

That time of possession though...please tell me thats a misprint....if not...we are surely cursed

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Empty backfield on goal line is dumb as rock. It didn’t work this season, yet Sark goes to the same BS. Sark wasn’t the reason we lost but he had a mediocre game. 

51 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

So it's Sark's fault the OL sucks? You're gonna have to explain that one to me.

Sark and the WR still can’t figure out Man to man. Both last week and this week most of yards and points were against the zone. I do think execution was issue but Sark wasn’t good either.

12 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Empty backfield on goal line is dumb as rock. It didn’t work this season, yet Sark goes to the same BS. Sark wasn’t the reason we lost but he had a mediocre game. 

That's because the Falcons cannot run on the goal line and if you can't run on the goal line then you've got to try to pass and it's easier to pass on the goal line if you spread out the field. It makes perfect sense.