Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WornOutFalconFan

What a disappointing season

35 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

This season reminds me of 2013 season.

Yep, anytime the Falcons are expected to be Super Bowl contenders we always have a down year. Same thing happened in 1999 too. This season is 2006 and 2013 combined. We played the AFC North and NFC East in 2006 and missed the playoffs with a 7-9 record, and the Falcons look like they are going to be .500 the rest of the season and go 7-9. Heck, 6-10 is still possible. The Saints won the division in 2006 and they are going to again in 2018. 

Since joining the NFC South, the Falcons have only made the playoffs once playing the NFC East or AFC East. 2012 playing the NFC East because we played the AFC West and 2017 playing the AFC East because most Super Bowl winning or losing teams don't miss the playoffs the following year. 

3 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

In the last two weeks, the Offense has crapped the bed. 

Yep, that's why I don't ever want to hear Sarkisian get compared to Shanahan ever, although the 2018 Falcons O-line is no where near as good or healthy as the 2016 O-line. 

Team with winning records they win the close games like this game, the Philly game, the Saints game, the Cincy game... this season is frustrating. The offense struggles when the O-line can't protect and Ryan was pressured the entire first half.

Just now, MilleniumFalcon said:

Team with winning records they win the close games like this game, the Philly game, the Saints game, the Cincy game... this season is frustrating. The offense struggles when the O-line can't protect and Ryan was pressured the entire first half.

Well duh. Look at the colts. Luck hasn't been sacked in 3 weeks and he is on fire. 

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Well duh. Look at the colts. Luck hasn't been sacked in 3 weeks and he is on fire. 

Dakk has been sacked a lot but he has still played well the past 3-4 games.

17 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Until we address our lines with multiple players with a nasty dog mentality we are not going to win consistently!!!

Yep

13 minutes ago, Jesus said:

And they’ve drafted the best OG in the last 20 years this past year, the best OC two years ago and then doubled down with an OG in the 2nd round....protect the guy that runs the offense and you will reap the rewards. The running game has gotten light years better too

32 minutes ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

What a crappy season. What happened to our offense? It never fails with this team, when the offense plays well, the defense sucks, when the defense plays well, the offense sucks. What gives? 

So annoying...

Like a lot of people keep saying it's the front office.. and also the fact that Arthur Blank is getting old and losing understanding of the fact of who he needs to fire who not at least that's what it seems to me he seems soft now

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

As soon as we won 3 in a row some of our fans and the media started blowing smoke up our rears.  Truth is we all knew what this defense was about and our offenses struggles and 3rd and short.  You cannot hide that fact.  We just aren't as good as we were advertised especially with all the injuries.  

KCFalcon22 likes this

22 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

As soon as we won 3 in a row some of our fans and the media started blowing smoke up our rears.  Truth is we all knew what this defense was about and our offenses struggles and 3rd and short.  You cannot hide that fact.  We just aren't as good as we were advertised especially with all the injuries.  

We've had A LOT more issues than injuries this year. The offensive side of the ball doesn't have as many injuries and our O-line has been horrible all year with pass blocking and run blocking. Not as bad as 2013 or 2014 but still very mediocre, and our D-line has been soft all year. Deion Jones has been the only major guy out on the D-line, and one guy can't make your D-line become that good. Our coaching decisions have been horrible all year too. We were hardly contenders coming into this year, and it started with that 0-4 preseason start. Injuries or no injuries we weren't getting past the Saints in the division for the 2nd year in a row. People forget, we were 10-6 and THIRD in the NFC South last season. We weren't even that good last year either when we had Poe, Clayborn, and everyone healthy defensively. Our 2018 schedule is easier than 2016 and 2017 and we had gotten WORSE. We're not a good team this year, simple as that. 

1 hour ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

In the last two weeks, the Offense has crapped the bed. 

While run D keeps O off field for long stretches of the game.

Oh and we are back to deflecting easy catches to INTs; while missing our own TO chances (kick the fumble away from recovery man and not looking for the ball like Alford)

We lost 4 of 6 games on THE last play of the game. You can’t tell me having Grady all year instead, with Debo/Neal as well wouldn’t have helped us win more and avoid last play to win/lose scenarios.

On the other hand? We are clearly missing a run offense and an OL in general.

1 hour ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

What a crappy season. What happened to our offense? It never fails with this team, when the offense plays well, the defense sucks, when the defense plays well, the offense sucks. What gives? 

So annoying...

Just goes to show you that when you get to the postseason or Super Bowl.... DONT BLOW IT!

Theres no ‘we’ll get em next year’ 

After that debacle in 2016 I stepped back and stopped being overly invested in the team mostly for my health. I'll always love and root for the Falcons each week but I've also learned when it's time to turn the tv off and go do something else.

Unfortunately, we will find some way to go 8-8 and not be able to reload top tier talent in the draft to extend the window a bit more and that will be the biggest failure of a lost 2018 season. 

Halcon-1 and Bigbenright like this

5 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Until we address our lines with multiple players with a nasty dog mentality we are not going to win consistently!!!

pretty much this. . . the trenches, the trenches, the trenches. . . and yes, with a dog mentality.

blkbigdog35 likes this

28 minutes ago, mjqvi said:

After that debacle in 2016 I stepped back and stopped being overly invested in the team mostly for my health. I'll always love and root for the Falcons each week but I've also learned when it's time to turn the tv off and go do something else.

Unfortunately, we will find some way to go 8-8 and not be able to reload top tier talent in the draft to extend the window a bit more and that will be the biggest failure of a lost 2018 season. 

This is where I am in my fanhood.

12 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Just goes to show you that when you get to the postseason or Super Bowl.... DONT BLOW IT!

Theres no ‘we’ll get em next year’ 

This is the sad reality of it all. Take care of business when you're there because there's no guarantee you'll get back.