125 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, stizz said:

It's called a June 1 cut, genius. I said one or the other because of the way their contracts are structured, not both.

Even then it creates more dead money than it frees up. Are you really this dense? You can't look it up yourself?

16 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Even then it creates more dead money than it frees up. Are you really this dense? You can't look it up yourself?

As others have stated, you play the players who can play, not just who has the biggest contract. New Orleans has been in contract troubles for years and it hasn't really hurt them.

Turn on that thinking cap for me.

vitaman likes this

3 minutes ago, stizz said:

As others have stated, you play the players who can play, not just who has the biggest contract. New Orleans has been in contract troubles for years and it hasn't really hurt them.

Yeah 7-9 over and over and over and over and over and over was just glorious wasn't it? 

You truly have no idea what you're talking about do you?

8 minutes ago, stizz said:

Crazy talk.

5 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Yeah 7-9 over and over and over and over and over and over was just glorious wasn't it? 

You truly have no idea what you're talking about do you?

New Orleans is good again only because Loomis finally has some those god-awful bad deals he did start coming off his books. 

Yo_Lover likes this

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Crazy talk.

New Orleans is good again only because Loomis finally has some those god-awful bad deals he did start coming off his books. 

Yeah man, let's just hold on to the under achievers just because of what their salary says. 

4 minutes ago, stizz said:

Yeah man, let's just hold on to the under achievers just because of what their salary says. 

Hold on to them until it actually makes sense to move on. Getting rid of Alford frees up cap without dead space next year. Then draft another corner or sign one if you want. Genius.

Vandy likes this

7 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Hold on to them until it actually makes sense to move on. Getting rid of Alford frees up cap without dead space next year. Then draft another corner or sign one if you want. Genius.

I said everything you just said except designating Freeman or Trufant as a June 1. Comprehension. 

24 minutes ago, stizz said:

I said everything you just said except designating Freeman or Trufant as a June 1. Comprehension. 

Can you not read dude? Even if you do that it still cost more money cut them than it saves. 

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Can you not read dude? Even if you do that it still cost more money cut them than it saves. 

Come on man. Peyton has listed multiple times the savings if you designate Freeman. 

57 minutes ago, stizz said:

How bout this let's get everyone healed up get the combinations that made us successful back playing together.

Have a look at positions where we are a bit older infuse it with some youth and go from there.

Lets not pretend because we've lost the last 2 weeks that we need to blow up the team.

Geaux_Falcons and Vandy like this

Keep Tru and Free one more year, then either or both can be post June 1 cuts, if they can't stay healthy or improve their game (Trufant).

Still go Greedy or Baker with the 12th pick if either is there (cause Alford is gone). Personally, I would rather have Greedy, who has a really nasty ball hawking demeanor. Baker's problem (even though I am a huge UGA fan) is that he isn't as good as he thinks he is. That UMass guy ate his lunch a few times this weekend.

I see some posts mentioning top 5 pick or somewhere in there. Even if we don't win another game, we aren't picking top 5. Oakland, San Fran, Arizona, the Giants, the Browns, TB, the Jets and Buffalo won't win more than 5 games and Detroit and Buffalo probably won't either. I see us as a 6-10 team the rest of the way, with a higher strength of schedule (with Carolina and the Saints) than the other 6 win teams putting us about #12. It sucks there are so many sorry teams this year.

But I would go Greedy or Baker first unless one of the top 2 DTS/DEs falls to us, which could easily happen. Keep Sanu too. Then it's BPA in the trenches from round 2-5 (OL and DL). We really need to concentrate on those players who create turnovers at DT/DE. We are lousy at taking the ball away.

It would also be nice to just hold on to Irvin, possibly at a home town discount and put him as a hybrid OLB/DE until and if we land someone better than him and Vic.

There's a lot of work to be done on that D and OL. It might be hard to pick wrong. 

ZoneOne01 likes this

16 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

How bout this let's get everyone healed up get the combinations that made us successful back playing together.

Have a look at positions where we are a bit older infuse it with some youth and go from there.

Lets not pretend because we've lost the last 2 weeks that we need to blow up the team.

I agree. We can get back to close to last year's form on D with just the returning players getting healthy.

Vandy and kiwifalcon like this

Just now, celtiksage said:

I agree. We can get back to close to last year's form on D with just the returning players getting healthy.

I haven't had a good enough look at the college talent to know what's what.

Oline though is the scariest man those guys coming out I just don't have any faith and where we'll be picking I just don't know about the oline talent there is available.

We need to add some starting quality youth.

21 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I haven't had a good enough look at the college talent to know what's what.

Oline though is the scariest man those guys coming out I just don't have any faith and where we'll be picking I just don't know about the oline talent there is available.

We need to add some starting quality youth.

Very true. We should be picking in a decent enough spot for a good RT in the 1st or 2nd. There's talent to be had, but we just have to go there and not set our sights on some high risk playmaker with that first pick. I think just one top RT (1st pick to get that 5th year option), and a OG in the next 3 rounds would go a long way to making us much better on the OL. If Ryan wasn't throwing under duress half the time, this offense could be unstoppable.

3 hours ago, Dirty South Bird said:

If we’re gonna get on Beasley for that last drive, we’ll have to question Takk, Irvin, and Jarrett as well.

Exactly. Watch the games over and watch Beasley the whole game. You’ll see something odd with Beasley

osiruz and Vandy like this

4 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Exactly. Watch the games over and watch Beasley the whole game. You’ll see something odd with Beasley

Care to explain the "oddity" that you've noticed?  I'd really like to hear it.

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

Crazy talk.

Also, he has started to invest heavily in both lines of scrimmage.

Offense: That Oline has only given up 9 sacks. NINE. We laughed at them picking Peat top 10 only to play him at guard. We scratched our head and laughed that they used a first rounder on a day 2 projected RT out of Wisconsin. We laughed at playing and paying a LT from a non top 5 conference school. Now look, they are rolling. This is how you protect an aging quarterback. You know...like our own. Give him two studs in the backfield too. 

Defense: They always had Cam Jordan but then went out and was not afraid to take Rankins in the first round then come back and get their skilled WR in a second round. They go get some actuall size at the other DT positions to go next to him. Something we have failed Grady at except for when we had Poe( which was our best interior line but we can’t even be consistent with what works) We laughed at picking Anzalone, Teo, and other less know LB’s.  Then spent a first on Davenport who will be a beast when he finally gets healthy. 

We laughed  at Loomis for a long long time while they were in cap ****. NOW he is finally getting the last laugh now. I thought I’d never see the day Loomis would out draft TD. Oh btw they have a young physical secondary all on rookie contracts. 

Edited by GleasonForever!
vitaman and Vandy like this

6 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Negative. 

15 hours ago, Knight of God said:

How is Beasley useless? He just got two sacks. 

I agree. I’d re-sign Irvin for cheap and draft a RT. Schroeder is garbage. And possibly get guard as well in first three rounds

15 hours ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

Offensive Line, Offensive Line, Offensive Line.

Has to be this unless a stud is there on the Dline. 

9 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Still go Greedy or Baker with the 12th pick if either is there (cause Alford is gone). Personally, I would rather have Greedy, who has a really nasty ball hawking demeanor. Baker's problem (even though I am a huge UGA fan) is that he isn't as good as he thinks he is. That UMass guy ate his lunch a few times this weekend.

Please stop. I'm a Georgia fan too and NO WAY did Isabella catch a ball on Baker.

Isabella was either in the slot or on the complete opposite side of Baker.

and to add Baker sat the entire 4th QTR.

Baker is a play maker. It's not his fault he can cover his man and lock down his side of the field. You see what happen at the beginning of the season when the teams were trying to test him. He forced turnovers.