125 posts in this topic

I hope they pick lower than the teens. Been rooting for a top 5 pick since the injury waves in the first two games. There's nothing wrong with a lost season due to injuries. These things happen in the NFL. Get the 2nd and 3rd string guys a ton of experience, make the most out of some higher than anticipated draft picks and bring everyone in healthy at the start of next season.

vitaman and falconsfan4life3 like this

2 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

I’m thinking we’ll pick somewhere in the late teens. Who should we go for?

Players that are WILLING to tackle. 

2 minutes ago, Steel City Falcon said:

I hope they pick lower than the teens. Been rooting for a top 5 pick since the injury waves in the first two games. There's nothing wrong with a lost season due to injuries. These things happen in the NFL. Get the 2nd and 3rd string guys a ton of experience, make the most out of some higher than anticipated draft picks and bring everyone in healthy at the start of next season.

I hope at this point Deion just doesn't play and we lose out to secure a top 5 pick. BUT we won't. We will win just enough pointless games to miss out on a elite prospect. Just like always 

GleasonForever! likes this

15 minutes ago, RYNE said:

I hope at this point Deion just doesn't play and we lose out to secure a top 5 pick. BUT we won't. We will win just enough pointless games to miss out on a elite prospect. Just like always 

Unfortunately, I think the same thing will happen lol. I think they'll likely finish 7-9 maybe even 8-8 because they're spiteful lol.

2 hours ago, stizz said:

Get a corner to pair with Oliver. We'll have a ton of money to play with after Levitre, Alford, Schraeder, Trufant/Freeman are gone.

Getting rid of Trufant and Freeman cost more money than it frees up. Can you not do a simple Google search before spewing out whatever comes to mind?

I want to draft a change of attitude. I want TD and DQ to go after a sone BIG, MEAN types in the draft and FA's to go with our speed. I want to Draft a  change of attitude that after the season starts and you got holes you sit still and Rah-Rah "We're good like we are." NO YOU WEREN'T. I want to draft a halt to UDFA's playing well but you cut them anyway. I want to draft an attitude of change of Staff and really look at this Staff and make changes where we have to not just hire your friends. That would be our best draft for this team.

Pacific_Falcon likes this

We need a CB bad, but I thought I remember someone mentioning this draft is bad at that position, so hopefully there are viable FA options. We need OL bad though. Not only OT and OG, but C as well...Mack is still good but I think he would also be a great mentor and I think grooming his replacement sooner rather than later is a really good idea.

1st: OT

2nd: OG

3rd: OLB or C

4th: OLB or C

58 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Baker, that's my dude. Baker or Williams from Bama should be the pick.

You and KoG have your way we gonna be the Crimson Tide farm team lol. The Atlanta Faltides lmao

The Raiders beat the Cardinals so that makes the 49ers, Raiders and Cardinals all 2-8. 49ers win the tiebreaker for #1 pick in the draft as it currently stands.

HOW ABOUT THIS: 

stop being cute in FA and sign some guys on the lines that will put us over the top. No more Fusco,Shelby,Reed Signings. 

We are **** bent on paying our drafted players top dollar but we still have the same results when they get paid. 

I hate the “we sign our guys only to big contracts” type of mentality. Clearly “just our guys” aren’t cutting it. 

A-TowN.- and vitaman like this

6 minutes ago, GleasonForever! said:

HOW ABOUT THIS: We are **** bent on paying our drafted players top dollar but we still have the same results when they get paid. 

I hate the “we sign our guys only to big contracts” type of mentality. Clearly “just our guys” aren’t cutting it. 

This seems to be the primary problem.  Too many burdensome contracts to players we would have never given that much cap money to if they weren't drafted by the Falcons.

The Falcons really need to take a more dispassionate attitude toward extending players.

vitaman likes this

2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Getting rid of Trufant and Freeman cost more money than it frees up. Can you not do a simple Google search before spewing out whatever comes to mind?

That's not the complete picture.  Both would create dead-money, but also create cap savings.

Roster spots also have value.

13 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

That's not the complete picture.  Both would create dead-money, but also create cap savings.

Roster spots also have value.

The dead cap is more than the cap savings dude.

14 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

The dead cap is more than the cap savings dude.

Like I said, it's not the complete story.  Every team has dead money and almost all are significant.  

Roster spots are valuable and tying up a roster spot and practice reps just to avoid dead money isn't a sound strategy.

Edited by JeffAtl

7 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

Like I said, it's not the complete story.  Every team has dead money and almost all are significant.  

Roster spots are valuable and tying up a roster spot and practice reps just to avoid dead money isn't a sound strategy.

So by cutting Free and Trufant and losing out on $3 mil we could use for someone else that's a smart decision?

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

So by cutting Free and Trufant and losing out on $3 mil we could use for someone else that's a smart decision?

It's not necessarily a bad decision.  Again, the key point is that Dead Money is not necessarily bad - if it were, then almost no team would have any.  Dead Money is a component in cap & roster management.

The Saints and Chiefs each have over $20 million in dead money this year and the Rams have over $15 million.  Even the Patriots have $9 million.  

It happens and sometimes paying a guy not to play is the better big picture strategy.  

To be clear, I'm just pointing out that cap management can sometimes be counter-intuitive.

GeorgiaBoyz likes this

Not even the draft gets me excited anymore. It used to be exciting to think about who could make the Falcons better. What is the glaring need. Who will put them over the top. Now I'm not sure it even matters. The only thing that hasn't changed since I've been a fan is the owner. Yet, the results have always been the same. Year in and year out they always turn out to be the same old falcons. Yes they have had moments of success. Yet the final results have always been the same. Recent drafts have been perceived as good. Yet the team seems to be getting worse. The Falcons need to draft some good karma. They need to draft something that will break the curse. 

GeorgiaBoyz likes this

3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

It's called a June 1 cut, genius. I said one or the other because of the way their contracts are structured, not both.

1 hour ago, JeffAtl said:

It's not necessarily a bad decision.  Again, the key point is that Dead Money is not necessarily bad - if it were, then almost no team would have any.  Dead Money is a component in cap & roster management.

The Saints and Chiefs each have over $20 million in dead money this year and the Rams have over $15 million.  Even the Patriots have $9 million.  

It happens and sometimes paying a guy not to play is the better big picture strategy.  

To be clear, I'm just pointing out that cap management can sometimes be counter-intuitive.

Dude just those two players alone creates over 23 million in dead cap. Stop acting like that's not a big deal. We'd be looking at 25-30 mil in dead cap.