Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KRUNKuno

Legit Question Time: Why Do We Keep Using Hardy At Punt Returner?

27 posts in this topic

Hardy is not a great punt returner.  He never gives us anything in the return game, and seems to be there solely just to fair catch.  Who’s decision is it to keep him there, and why hasn’t this decision been overridden?  

I feel like sometimes this coaching staff is overly loyal to vets.  There’s no reason for Hardy to be back there when he gives you nothing.  And if Hardy is our best option then that tells me even more about our scouting and development.  Why haven’t we found somebody better?  How can Marvin Hall return kicks, but not punts?  Maybe Russel Gage?

3 hours ago, Sipifalcon said:

Because he has the most reliable hands on the team... I'll rather him catch it than muff it until further notice...

I swear when i read the thread this was going to be my reply

red falcon likes this

3 hours ago, Sipifalcon said:

Because he has the most reliable hands on the team... I'll rather him catch it than muff it until further notice...

So we cannot did somebody who can both field a punt and get yards out of the situation?  Why do we not have that guy on our team?

How many times is this question going to be asked on these boards? No one here knows why. 

Special teams are of only minimal concern to Dan Quinn for some ******* mysterious reason. We keep the same conservative thinking with the same unimpressive coach every year. Not muffing punts is about the only thing we accomplish. Meanwhile, we get no decent field position ever. The opposition as a whole is good for getting at least one punt blocked, and we give up field position from time to time too. Nothing special to be found on special teams for the Falcons. The Falcons don't draft for this sort of thing is the best I can tell, which is understandable (to a degree), but ******, you'd think they'd at least coach up someone with some dynamic speed to get back there and give it a shot, as well as coaching up others to do some decent blocking for better averages too.

ya_boi_j and RING OF HONOR like this

4 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

How many times is this question going to be asked on these boards? No one here knows why. 

Special teams are of only minimal concern to Dan Quinn for some ******* mysterious reason. We keep the same conservative thinking with the same unimpressive coach every year. Not muffing punts is about the only thing we accomplish. Meanwhile, we get no decent field position ever. The opposition as a whole is good for getting at least one punt blocked, and we give up field position from time to time too. Nothing special to be found on special teams for the Falcons. The Falcons don't draft for this sort of thing is the best I can tell, which is understandable (to a degree), but ******, you'd think they'd at least coach up someone with some dynamic speed to get back there and give it a shot, as well as coaching up others to do some decent blocking for better averages too.

I read this as if you had it in all caps......lol

I have no idea why

ya_boi_j and 4dabirds like this

13 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I read this as if you had it in all caps......lol

I have no idea why

I’m gonna take a shot and say it was the 2 areas that had * inserted 

Yes, he catches the ball but I'm not a fan.  I know we will never get a big play out of the return team as long as he is back there. 

11 returns for 52 yards   avg 4.7   1 fumble against the the buccies

Whatever it is people are trying to sell about Hardy, I'm not buying.  

Okay we don't want to risk a Ridley injury, but I'd like to see what Hall or Gage could give us. 

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Hardy is still back there because we have the worst ST coach in the NFL. 

Who's worse, the coach who's special teams have been bad for going on years now or the people keeping him employed? 

ATLSlobberKnockers and Vandy like this

11 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

Who's worse, the coach who's special teams have been bad for going on years now or the people keeping him employed? 

18 minutes ago, thirdnlong said:

Fixed it for you!

Just think, teams were ‘forced’ to interview Armstrong for a HC position. Don’t tell me the Rooney Rule isn’t a bunch of window-dressing crock. 

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Hardy is still back there because we have the worst ST coach in the NFL. 

Agreed.  It’s fkg unreal how he’s still here & never held accountable for our ST disasters year after year.

Vandy likes this

I am so sick if the hate Hardy gets around here. He isn't Ju or Rid - that's not his game. He is a GREAT blocker and has hands of steel. 

He is our PR because our offense puts up points and burns clock. We don't need a 75 yard return five times a year. We need that mother****ing ball.

Hardy all but guarantees no nonsense on the return. Just take the possession, give it to Mat and go to work.

Use this previous play as an example for people who only wants someone with speed returning punts. Hall has absolutely no vision. He’s only a threat in open space.