Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falcons Fan MVP

Will Deion Jones play against the Saints?

23 posts in this topic

I think with two games in 4 days, they've figured he's much more important to have vs. Saints. Especially being a prime time division game and his history with N.O.

Absence vs Cowpokes will continue to be big.

shock likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Him not playing against the cowboys will be no different than every other game this season. Having him back wouldn’t change much either unless he’s fully healed. I don’t know why the thought of him returning will magically fix the defense runs rapid. The front 7 has made the biggest leap. Pass rush is as inconsistent as it can be but overall the front 7 has made huge strides outside of last week

slick0ne and DMT11 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SLEVEN said:

IMO if we’re 5-5 Thursday he’ll play, if we’re 4-6 he will be inactive.

We would still be alive. We would just have to literally run the table which if we got past the Saints wouldn't be impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for the "Will Deion Jones Play Against The Ravens?" titles on the front page!

Soon there will be a thread titled "Will Deion Jones Ever Play Again?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's playing in Pissburg on Turkeyday  (you like that one?  Pissburg?)  no matter what ridiculous bullcrap the Falcons manage to outrage us with tomorrow.    He's paid to be a football player, and probably dying to get out there, and knowing Quinn he'll let Jones do whatever he wants to do so long as the docs allow it. 

Having said that...if the Atlanta Chickens show up tomorrow instead of the Falcons, it won't make any difference who does what afterward.  

Hotdogs are still $2 though so all's not lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Him not playing against the cowboys will be no different than every other game this season. Having him back wouldn’t change much either unless he’s fully healed. I don’t know why the thought of him returning will magically fix the defense runs rapid. The front 7 has made the biggest leap. Pass rush is as inconsistent as it can be but overall the front 7 has made huge strides outside of last week

Communication has been our biggest downfall after losing him and Rico. Getting him back will help big time in that department. Plus it gets Riley off the field a lot more. Won't turn us into a great or maybe even good defense on his own, but it will help a lot in those regards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lornoth said:

Communication has been our biggest downfall after losing him and Rico. Getting him back will help big time in that department. Plus it gets Riley off the field a lot more. Won't turn us into a great or maybe even good defense on his own, but it will help a lot in those regards. 

But it doesn’t automatically warrant success like peers are making it seem. That’s my point.  Kazee has taken over the role of getting guys lined up the last few weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

But it doesn’t automatically warrant success like peers are making it seem. That’s my point.  Kazee has taken over the role of getting guys lined up the last few weeks. 

Yeah and he's gotten better but there's still a lot to be desired in that department. Jones certainly won't immediately make us SB shoe-ins, if that's what people are expecting, but there will be far fewer blown plays where our guys just aren't in the right position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Since1990 said:

I can't wait for the "Will Deion Jones Play Against The Ravens?" titles on the front page!

Soon there will be a thread titled "Will Deion Jones Ever Play Again?"

He best be back against the Saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I mean he's only been running for 2 weeks now, not sure he can be any more ready than now yet our genius HC sits him in a game that will end our season if we lose.

Just about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Yeah and he's gotten better but there's still a lot to be desired in that department. Jones certainly won't immediately make us SB shoe-ins, if that's what people are expecting, but there will be far fewer blown plays where our guys just aren't in the right position.

With Bruce Irvin helping the D line nobody is gonna wanna play the Falcons in the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Yeah and he's gotten better but there's still a lot to be desired in that department. Jones certainly won't immediately make us SB shoe-ins, if that's what people are expecting, but there will be far fewer blown plays where our guys just aren't in the right position.

Even if they are in position they still have to make and finish the play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Even if they are in position they still have to make and finish the play. 

Indeed, which is why the play of Riley, our DB's, and a few others are so disheartening. There's no fix for our playmakers all going to IR, unfortunately. We really could have been a top 10 if not top 5 team on both sides of the ball before the injuries. But Jones could get us at least to top 20 defense level play, which is a lot better than what we have now. 

Not a savior, but his return will make a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shefter has him out.

 

Players out Sunday include Joe Flacco, Marvin Jones, Torrey Smith, Martavis Bryant, Jordy Nelson, Chris Thompson, Jamison Crowder, Tavon Austin, Sean Lee, Deion Jones, Malik Hooker, Taywan Taylor, Terron Armstead, Marcus Davenport, Darren Sproles, Ronald Darby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rings639 said:

Shefter has him out.

 

Players out Sunday include Joe Flacco, Marvin Jones, Torrey Smith, Martavis Bryant, Jordy Nelson, Chris Thompson, Jamison Crowder, Tavon Austin, Sean Lee, Deion Jones, Malik Hooker, Taywan Taylor, Terron Armstead, Marcus Davenport, Darren Sproles, Ronald Darby.

Saints game is Thursday. This is for today’s games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope and think he will. We’re gonna beat Dal and then when 45 gets back we’ll beat NO. 

 

 

And if we lose to Dal we’ll still beat New Orleans when he comes back and that will have to be our proudest moment of the season. 

I’m still pretty “meh” ab this season but I’m trying like heII to be optimistic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites