Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconFanSince1970

Hawks 2019 Draft Picks As Of 11/17/18

234 posts in this topic

Bazemore is picking up his option.

The only way to trade him is to include a pick with him which Im against-not a good use of assets.

The only trades for Baze would be for us to take back lower salary at more years, like a player making $10-12 mil for 3 years. I'd just ride out his expiring and not clutter the 2020 cap sheet.

Prince Trade Idea:

Domantas Sabonis C. Indy can use a SF, they've already paid Miles Turner to play center, would they want to pay Sabonis to play backup?

1 hour ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

It would greatly surprise me if Bazemore wasn't an Atlanta Hawk in 19/20. The option is a player option, he loves Atlanta so I don't think he'll decline it or be willing to work something out, and he's not tradeable. It's unfortunate but I think he'll be on the team and would be a little surprised if Prince was as the need is not great to stretch him. At least unless there's injuries, he won't be starting. 

Although now that I remembered that Schlenk doesn't want more picks, I wonder if there's any ability to work out a trade for a young veteran that is interesting involving Prince. I'm drawing a blank outside of Beal to be honest though, the guy that I really want that is a young veteran will be a RFA after this season (Malcolm Brogdon). Ingram would count, but I'm not too too interested in him. 

I also remembered that it was already said that the Hawks like Reddish, so I might have to cross my fingers that they can work with him.

Baze is an expiring contract though, so that could work in our favor. Someone may be willing to take him on because of that. Maybe a team that's close to winning could use a veteran. 

If we pick at 5 and Reddish is there, I would be happy. Would prefer Zion or Barrett, but Reddish could be a great player for us too. 

Posted (edited)

The idea of Sabonis is not BAD but he probably isn't the guy that's needed at C. Can he defend in space well enough to be a good starter in this case?

I'm not in the boat that an elite shot blocker is needed at C though because if you take Collins away from defending in space, he can probably do it just fine. I'm not sure why but they're playing him a lot on the perimeter on defense. 

Edited by VoiceofReason95

They changed the rules this year and might be the reason the Hawks kind of "let them play more" basically if you're in Top 5 you have a higher chance at #1 - 3 picks in the draft. Anyone below that Top 5 the chances for it are nearly zero.

Well this is gonna suck just looked at the standings so in one hand we have us the Hawks We could go as high as #4(Before the Lottery) If we start losing right now, but the second first is in danger of being a second round pick. Putting my tin foil hat on here, but Dallas pick is at #8, and if we start winning we'll lose Dallas pick. Looks like we got 16 games left. I'm far more concerned with getting 2 first round picks then getting Zion Williamson that's the crazy part. If we get Any of the Dukies as FFS70 stated I'm happy, but losing that second first round pick which could also be a star man that sucks.

Just to clarify Memphis and Dallas are neck and neck at #7 and #8 same as Washington Wizards as well. We actually have to keep losing, and hope everyone under us continues to suck as well to keep both #5 and possible #8 to #6 pick.

The Mavs are in a total free fall right now. They are tied for the 6th worst record in the league right now and are 1-9 in their last 10. Fortunately, even if they finish 6th worst, they will still have only a 36% chance to pick anywhere from 1-4 (compared with a 50% chance to pick 7 or 8). 

The Mavs are 5 games ahead of us and we have 14 to play compared to their 16. If we go .500 in those last 14, that puts us at 30-52 and still likely with the 5th worst record. The Mavs would have to go 5-11 in their last 16 to tie us at 30-52. I think we will be okay. We have 10 left against teams that are .500 or better, so honestly, 7-7 is likely pushing it.

I expect we will go into the lottery having the 5th best odds, and the Mavs will have somewhere between the 6th and 9th best odds. Unless we are super unlucky, I think we will have 2 top 10 picks. 

Drew4719 likes this

Mavs are going to be the #6 seed and get lucky and get into the top 5. They will be celebrating while we will have a lonely #6 pick

2 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Mavs are going to be the #6 seed and get lucky and get into the top 5. They will be celebrating while we will have a lonely #6 pick

Not much we can do about that sadly we can't control what the mavs do we just gotta hope the draft gods are on our side for putting in great effort while trying every game and reward us with very good picks like have ours be #1 or 2 and Mavs #6 or 7. 

Atlanta Hawks ping-pong chronicles: March 11

Alright Dallas, that’s close enough...

By Sam Meredith 

on March 12, 2019 7:00 am

Welcome back to the ping-pong chronicles...(drum roll)...season two! In case this is your first time reading, we at Peachtree Hoops understand that there is a large portion of the Hawks fan base focused on Atlanta’s future assets (i.e. the NBA Draft, picks owed to the Hawks by other teams, etc.). So, in the waning days of the 2019 NBA Season, we will be keeping a close eye on Atlanta’s fluctuating lottery position and also the status of the other two first-round selections owed to the Hawks by Cleveland and Dallas.

Hawks draft position

The Hawks have not yet officially been eliminated from the NBA Playoffs, but it is merely a formality at this point. The Hawks ‘Tragic Number’ now stands at 5 after winning against New Orleans on Sunday. Atlanta has already been eliminated from clinching the top five seeds in the Eastern Conference and are two losses away from being eliminated from the sixth seed.

As of right now, Atlanta continues to sit firmly entrenched with the fifth-worst record in the NBA. Tankathon.com gives them a 42.1 percent chance at securing a top-4 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft and a 10.5% chance at snagging the number one overall pick. Atlanta’s chances at a top pick will be up to the play of Phoenix, New York, Cleveland and Chicago, who currently sit in front of them in the Draft Lottery rankings. The Hawks are within their final 15 games, but March’s late schedule looks absolutely terrifying.

Hawks upcoming schedule

Atlanta’s next few matchups will be their best chance at winning games for the remainder of this month. The Hawks will face a non-playoff team next in the Grizzlies this week, but after that game, it is full throttle for the remainder of March. Atlanta will face six current playoff teams in their final eight games of the month, which could aid their movement up in the lottery rankings. The Hawks’ saving grace may be that five of those games are at State Farm Arena.

The Hawks realistically have nothing to play for the rest of the way, but expect Lloyd Pierce to have his team trying hard to win games. Because, as we all should know by now, coaches and players don’t tank. The Hawks took the big win against New Orleans on Sunday night as they faced the Pelicans, who have all but given up on the Western Conference playoff race.

Dallas pick status

Atlanta holds the most valuable current array of draft selections according to tankathon.com’s composite draft score ratings. Atlanta’s current composite draft score of 174.65 sits more than 68 points(!) ahead of the next closest team (Phoenix). A part of Atlanta’s high score are their three valuable second-round picks: their own, Charlotte’s, and the worse of choices from either the Minnesota Timberwolves or Los Angeles Lakers. Those picks are projected to be No. 35, No. 40, and No. 44, at least at the time of this post.

The Hawks are also keeping a close eye on the Mavericks’ record since Atlanta owns Dallas’ first-round pick if everything falls into place. The pick from Dallas is protected for selections 1-5 in the Draft, which means the Mavs would need to get lucky in the lottery by hitting on a top-four pick for the pick to not convey. Dallas now sits as the second-worst team in the Western Conference Playoff race, leading to some way too-close-for-comfort feelings for the Hawks.

The pick would currently convey as the No. 6 selection in the Draft (at least until the lottery), but it’s far from certain that the pick will convey. After the Hawks win against the Pelicans, they now sit just four games back in the win column from Dallas. The Mavericks’ tragic number is now down to 6 after they were beaten by one point in Sunday’s match-up against the Rockets.

This selection may end up being close to not conveying, but the Hawks will be more than ecstatic if they manage to gain another top-10 pick in the upcoming draft. If the season were to end today, the Hawks would have a 62.8 percent chance of obtaining the pick from Dallas, with the remaining 37.2 percent divided up between the top four, each of which would remain with the Mavericks if ‘Lady Luck’ is with them on lottery night.

Make sure to keep your eyes on the scoreboards (and cheer for the Mavericks) coming down the final stretch of this long 2019 schedule. The Hawks have the possibility of being set up very nicely in the 2019 Draft if everything were to go their way, which is really good news for a fan base already witnessing the young team making huge strides towards winning consistently.

Stay tuned for the next episode of the ping-pong chronicles.

3 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Atlanta Hawks ping-pong chronicles: March 11

Alright Dallas, that’s close enough...

By Sam Meredith 

on March 12, 2019 7:00 am

Welcome back to the ping-pong chronicles...(drum roll)...season two! In case this is your first time reading, we at Peachtree Hoops understand that there is a large portion of the Hawks fan base focused on Atlanta’s future assets (i.e. the NBA Draft, picks owed to the Hawks by other teams, etc.). So, in the waning days of the 2019 NBA Season, we will be keeping a close eye on Atlanta’s fluctuating lottery position and also the status of the other two first-round selections owed to the Hawks by Cleveland and Dallas.

Hawks draft position

The Hawks have not yet officially been eliminated from the NBA Playoffs, but it is merely a formality at this point. The Hawks ‘Tragic Number’ now stands at 5 after winning against New Orleans on Sunday. Atlanta has already been eliminated from clinching the top five seeds in the Eastern Conference and are two losses away from being eliminated from the sixth seed.

As of right now, Atlanta continues to sit firmly entrenched with the fifth-worst record in the NBA. Tankathon.com gives them a 42.1 percent chance at securing a top-4 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft and a 10.5% chance at snagging the number one overall pick. Atlanta’s chances at a top pick will be up to the play of Phoenix, New York, Cleveland and Chicago, who currently sit in front of them in the Draft Lottery rankings. The Hawks are within their final 15 games, but March’s late schedule looks absolutely terrifying.

Hawks upcoming schedule

Atlanta’s next few matchups will be their best chance at winning games for the remainder of this month. The Hawks will face a non-playoff team next in the Grizzlies this week, but after that game, it is full throttle for the remainder of March. Atlanta will face six current playoff teams in their final eight games of the month, which could aid their movement up in the lottery rankings. The Hawks’ saving grace may be that five of those games are at State Farm Arena.

The Hawks realistically have nothing to play for the rest of the way, but expect Lloyd Pierce to have his team trying hard to win games. Because, as we all should know by now, coaches and players don’t tank. The Hawks took the big win against New Orleans on Sunday night as they faced the Pelicans, who have all but given up on the Western Conference playoff race.

Dallas pick status

Atlanta holds the most valuable current array of draft selections according to tankathon.com’s composite draft score ratings. Atlanta’s current composite draft score of 174.65 sits more than 68 points(!) ahead of the next closest team (Phoenix). A part of Atlanta’s high score are their three valuable second-round picks: their own, Charlotte’s, and the worse of choices from either the Minnesota Timberwolves or Los Angeles Lakers. Those picks are projected to be No. 35, No. 40, and No. 44, at least at the time of this post.

The Hawks are also keeping a close eye on the Mavericks’ record since Atlanta owns Dallas’ first-round pick if everything falls into place. The pick from Dallas is protected for selections 1-5 in the Draft, which means the Mavs would need to get lucky in the lottery by hitting on a top-four pick for the pick to not convey. Dallas now sits as the second-worst team in the Western Conference Playoff race, leading to some way too-close-for-comfort feelings for the Hawks.

The pick would currently convey as the No. 6 selection in the Draft (at least until the lottery), but it’s far from certain that the pick will convey. After the Hawks win against the Pelicans, they now sit just four games back in the win column from Dallas. The Mavericks’ tragic number is now down to 6 after they were beaten by one point in Sunday’s match-up against the Rockets.

This selection may end up being close to not conveying, but the Hawks will be more than ecstatic if they manage to gain another top-10 pick in the upcoming draft. If the season were to end today, the Hawks would have a 62.8 percent chance of obtaining the pick from Dallas, with the remaining 37.2 percent divided up between the top four, each of which would remain with the Mavericks if ‘Lady Luck’ is with them on lottery night.

Make sure to keep your eyes on the scoreboards (and cheer for the Mavericks) coming down the final stretch of this long 2019 schedule. The Hawks have the possibility of being set up very nicely in the 2019 Draft if everything were to go their way, which is really good news for a fan base already witnessing the young team making huge strides towards winning consistently.

Stay tuned for the next episode of the ping-pong chronicles.

Why does it say top 4, it's top 5

We still have both picks though right? So let me get this straight because the new rules we could still lose the Mavs pick **** IT!

The two players I've locked in on as Atlanta's best options (presuming we don't win the Zion lottery) are Jarrett Culver and De'Andre Hunter. They're both two-way players who can shoot the three. Here's some stuff from SI today:

"Key Stats: 18.3 points, 6.2 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 48.7% FG

It’s possible no one made a greater sophomore leap this year than Culver, who is not only asked to power the Red Raiders’ offense but is also tied for third nationally in defensive win shares as a key part of one of the nation's elite defensive squads."

"Key Stats: 15.2 points, 5.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 47.3% 3PT

After missing last season’s NCAA tournament upset to UMBC, Hunter has returned with a vengeance to lead the Cavaliers. He’s knocking down nearly half his threes and is top five in the ACC in both offensive and defensive win shares."

Culver can defend the perimeter to hide Trae's shortcomings, and both of them have defended three different positions this year. Culver's shooting isn't quite where I'd like it to be, but he shot 38.2% from three last year. My guess is that he's pressing more as their best offensive player.

In the second round, two players I'd like us to look at are Grant Williams and Fletcher Magee:

"Key Stats: 19.3 points, 7.7 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 56.9% FG

The 6’7” Renaissance man picked up where his 2017–18 SEC Player of the Year performance left off and hasn’t looked back, leading the conference in win shares and box plus/minus minutes and placing in the top six nationally in both."

"Key Stats: 20.5 points, 2.6 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 42.8% 3PT

Fearless against high-major competition and virtually unstoppable during Wofford's perfect run through the Southern Conference, Magee has proven time and time again he will uncork a shot from anywhere on the floor. His 93.1% clip from the free-throw line also happens to be the third-best in Division I."

Magee would be an exceptional role player with limitless range, and Williams' win share the last two years is nearly historic. That stat has proven to be one of the most reliable for projecting NBA starters over the years.

Furman has a kid named Matt Rafferty that I like a lot, too:

"Key Stats: 17.2 points, 9.1 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 2.5 steals, 61.7% FG

Rafferty led the nation by a healthy margin with 8.3 total win shares, filling up every part of the stat sheet for a Furman team that cracked the top 25 for the first time in program history."

5 hours ago, jidady said:

The two players I've locked in on as Atlanta's best options (presuming we don't win the Zion lottery) are Jarrett Culver and De'Andre Hunter. They're both two-way players who can shoot the three. Here's some stuff from SI today:

It’s possible no one made a greater sophomore leap this year than Culver, who is not only asked to power the Red Raiders’ offense but is also tied for third nationally in defensive win shares as a key part of one of the nation's elite defensive squads."

After missing last season’s NCAA tournament upset to UMBC, Hunter has returned with a vengeance to lead the Cavaliers. He’s knocking down nearly half his threes and is top five in the ACC in both offensive and defensive win shares."

Culver can defend the perimeter to hide Trae's shortcomings, and both of them have defended three different positions this year. Culver's shooting isn't quite where I'd like it to be, but he shot 38.2% from three last year. My guess is that he's pressing more as their best offensive player.

In the second round, two players I'd like us to look at are Grant Williams and Fletcher Magee:

"Key Stats: 19.3 points, 7.7 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 56.9% FG

The 6’7” Renaissance man picked up where his 2017–18 SEC Player of the Year performance left off and hasn’t looked back, leading the conference in win shares and box plus/minus minutes and placing in the top six nationally in both."

"Key Stats: 20.5 points, 2.6 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 42.8% 3PT

Fearless against high-major competition and virtually unstoppable during Wofford's perfect run through the Southern Conference, Magee has proven time and time again he will uncork a shot from anywhere on the floor. His 93.1% clip from the free-throw line also happens to be the third-best in Division I."

Magee would be an exceptional role player with limitless range, and Williams' win share the last two years is nearly historic. That stat has proven to be one of the most reliable for projecting NBA starters over the years.

Furman has a kid named Matt Rafferty that I like a lot, too:

"Key Stats: 17.2 points, 9.1 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 2.5 steals, 61.7% FG

Rafferty led the nation by a healthy margin with 8.3 total win shares, filling up every part of the stat sheet for a Furman team that cracked the top 25 for the first time in program history."

cameron johnson looks real solid

10 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Man I hope we pull either the 1st or 2nd ping pong ball because  Zion and RJ would be great in Hawks uniform!  

Zion on this team would be so insane dude.

Drew4719 and blkbigdog35 like this

22 hours ago, jidady said:

I like Culver but you have to look at FT% more than 3PT%. And his free throw percentage is not good, and the jumper is kind of funky. He’s already adjusted his jumper some since he was a freshman, but he’s going to have to adjust it more, or he’s not going to shoot in the NBA.

A lot for the Hawks with him will depend on if you think he can play SF and if you think you can continue helping him correct his shot. If you can foresee him getting his shot from NBA range to 33-35% with a few more tweaks and a free throw percentage of 75-78%, then everything he does paired with that (defense, secondary playmaking, etc) looks quite good, given that I like Kevin to shoot 40% from three or maybe higher soon and I think Trae becomes a 38% three point shooter, maybe as soon as next season. But if you’re bearish on Culver’s shot, he starts to look more like a better version of Bembry off the bench instead of a starting two-way SG/SF.

I see both him and Hunter being brought in, along with Reddish, potentially NAW, Brandon Clarke (if you think he can end up becoming a SF, that opens up a bunch of possibilities), and maybe Jaxson Hayes. Maybe a couple other big men too, but I think the Hawks pick will 100% be a wing. The Mavs pick, IF it conveys at this point, it’s more up in the air.

Wouldn't mind losing out on the second pick this year until next year. 

Dream would be we get Zion and in 2020 have both picks and pick up Anthony Edwards and James Wisemann lol.

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Zion on this team would be so insane dude.

Man I would probably try to do season tickets too

45 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

Wouldn't mind losing out on the second pick this year until next year. 

Dream would be we get Zion and in 2020 have both picks and pick up Anthony Edwards and James Wisemann lol.

Hate to break some bad news but unless there are injuries, next season is very unlikely to be a tanking year, even if they don’t try to rush it. Unless there is some MAJOR manipulation to help accelerate on another tank year or injuries, next year is pretty likely to be a 35-40 win team even if you specifically choose to do nothing and continue letting the kids play, hoping that leads to being bad again. And I doubt they choose to do nothing. It sounds like at the very minimum, they’re going to bring in veteran defensive players to help encourage better defense. That doesn’t sound like a team trying to tank.

Hawks are 18-22 since starting 6-23 and looking just as bad as that. It’d be one thing if it was a short stretch, but that’s basically half a season of mediocre play instead of very bad play. I don’t think that’s just going to go away.

Drew4719 likes this

So we need the Mavs to beat the Cavs tomorrow. Please...? 

Can we please get Zion too? Dude would be money with Trae 

Posted (edited)

Lots of scenarios for the Hawks.  The one SOLID scenario is I think they can and should draft DeAndre Hunter.  Currently they are projected to have the 5th and 6th pick.  Hunter will be one of them.  Now, this is where it gets interesting.  Lets say they do finish with the 5th and 6th pick.  Draft Net has them looking at Coby White from North Carolina and has them going cold on Cam Reddish.  What are they looking at?  The Hawks drafting White for someone and then trading down to pick up more picks OR the Hawks possibly moving Huerter to the 3 with a back court of  Young and White?  Too early to say the Hawks would be drafting him for someone so I say they think the Hawks would move Huerter over to the 3.

My wildcard in this is Naz Reid from LSU.  If the Hawks could pick up any combination of White, Hunter and Naz with the distinct possibly of getting everyone of them I would be beyond estatic...  They GOT to tank the rest of the season and keep that Dallas pick. 

regular   lineup     

pg  Young

sg  Huerter

sf  Hunter

sf Collins

c  Reid

small lineup

pg  Young

sg   White

sf  Huerter

pf  Hunter

c  Collins

big lineup

pg  White

sg   Huerter

sf  Hunter

pf Collins

c Reid

Edited by slickgadawg

Posted (edited)

56 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Lots of scenarios for the Hawks.  The one SOLID scenario is I think they can and should draft DeAndre Hunter.  Currently they are projected to have the 5th and 6th pick.  Hunter will be one of them.  Now, this is where it gets interesting.  Lets say they do finish with the 5th and 6th pick.  Draft Net has them looking at Coby White from North Carolina and has them going cold on Cam Reddish.  What are they looking at?  The Hawks drafting White for someone and then trading down to pick up more picks OR the Hawks possibly moving Huerter to the 3 with a back court of  Young and White?  Too early to say the Hawks would be drafting him for someone so I say they think the Hawks would move Huerter over to the 3.

My wildcard in this is Naz Reid from LSU.  If the Hawks could pick up any combination of White, Hunter and Naz with the distinct possibly of getting everyone of them I would be beyond estatic...  They GOT to tank the rest of the season and keep that Dallas pick. 

regular   lineup     

pg  Young

sg  Huerter

sf  Hunter

sf Collins

c  Reid

small lineup

pg  Young

sg   White

sf  Huerter

pf  Hunter

c  Collins

big lineup

pg  White

sg   Huerter

sf  Hunter

pf Collins

c Reid

That's actually not bad. I hadn't even thought of White but with the way this draft is, grabbing and just keeping him might not be a bad idea. He's a combo guard that could be a starter with teams with better defensive situations, but he'd probably be a 28-30 minute 6th man in this case.

I would like Culver but given that I view him as a SF if everything is true about him, if both picks convey, assuming 4th and 7th (as it will not be 5th), I go Hunter, and then you probably do come to either thinking about overdrafting a big a bit, or White or NAW would make the most sense.

It might not be for the worst if the Dallas pick doesn't convey (unless they draw #1). I don't think they're going to improve greatly next season.

Edited by VoiceofReason95
slickgadawg likes this

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

That's actually not bad. I hadn't even thought of White but with the way this draft is, grabbing and just keeping him might not be a bad idea. He's a combo guard that could be a starter with teams with better defensive situations, but he'd probably be a 28-30 minute 6th man in this case.

I would like Culver but given that I view him as a SF if everything is true about him, if both picks convey, assuming 4th and 7th (as it will not be 5th), I go Hunter, and then you probably do come to either thinking about overdrafting a big a bit, or White or NAW would make the most sense.

It might not be for the worst if the Dallas pick doesn't convey (unless they draw #1). I don't think they're going to improve greatly next season.

Culver has a decent game. I wouldn't take him in the top 10 though.  Anything above around 12 would be a over reach.  I like the versatility of White more and White can put up points in a hurry even though he has a inconsistent jump shot.  As far as that Dallas pick I want it this year.  I have the opposite feeling about next year.  I can see Dallas improving and we get stuck with a pick somewhere between 8 and 12 or so.  Picks 4 and 7 seem more realistic this year like you pointed out.  Either way I think the Hawks can get White, Hunter AND Naz with the proper dealing. I would draft White and Hunter and then trade Prince and a pick to move up to get Naz who I don't think will fall below the top 20...

Edited by slickgadawg

Posted (edited)

On 3/15/2019 at 0:46 PM, VoiceofReason95 said:

Hate to break some bad news but unless there are injuries, next season is very unlikely to be a tanking year, even if they don’t try to rush it. Unless there is some MAJOR manipulation to help accelerate on another tank year or injuries, next year is pretty likely to be a 35-40 win team even if you specifically choose to do nothing and continue letting the kids play, hoping that leads to being bad again. And I doubt they choose to do nothing. It sounds like at the very minimum, they’re going to bring in veteran defensive players to help encourage better defense. That doesn’t sound like a team trying to tank.

Hawks are 18-22 since starting 6-23 and looking just as bad as that. It’d be one thing if it was a short stretch, but that’s basically half a season of mediocre play instead of very bad play. I don’t think that’s just going to go away.

It depends how teams look next year don't forget. Cavs and Knicks have long rebuilds, but we shall see after draft and FA how the Hawks stand. 

If we get Zion and possible other good draft pick from Dallas then forget what I said about A.E, but don't forget either that Philly even though they had Embiid still tanked the following year to get Ben Simmons. 

Went back to look since 2014 Philly been in the Top 3 picks for 15, 16, and 17. I'm agreeing with you that if we get Zion we no longer tank, but at this point as well you never know. Also I forget Embiid didn't play 2 seasons so that helps too. 

Edited by Zone#7

49 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Culver has a decent game. I wouldn't take him in the top 10 though.  Anything above around 12 would be a over reach.  I like the versatility of White more and White can put up points in a hurry even though he has a inconsistent jump shot.  As far as that Dallas pick I want it this year.  I have the opposite feeling about next year.  I can see Dallas improving and we get stuck with a pick somewhere between 8 and 12 or so.  Picks 4 and 7 seem more realistic this year like you pointed out.  Either way I think the Hawks can get White, Hunter AND Naz with the proper dealing. I would draft White and Hunter and then trade Prince and a pick to move up to get Naz who I don't think will fall below the top 20...

I like Culver the SF. I DON'T like Culver the SG. With his jumper being a bit funky, although I think it can be corrected some, if the height rumors on him aren't true (he's listed at 6'6" and people think, honestly including myself, that he's around 6'6"-6'7"), it wouldn't be surprising if he dropped to there. Right now he's somewhere in the top 10 though for most.

And if it were that case, assuming 4th and 7th with the numbers staying the same, 4th would become easy, De'Andre Hunter. With where Hunter plays at, I envision him pretty much being what Taurean was supposed to be. The better defense, play more in a team oriented game, a better 3 point shot, and good passing. Then at 7th you do come to Coby White being one of the better options with you having your SF and the second good option after that would probably be NAW. I see Coby White being Jamal Murray-esque off the bench and I think NAW could be similar to Malcolm Brogdon with more length.

He said he didn't want more picks, but I'd try to grab another pick for a later round big, maybe Taurean and a second rounder for another #19 lmao. Although I wonder if he thinks a C is even necessary because of where he came from. The next C might be a FA.

slickgadawg likes this