Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconFanSince1970

Hawks 2019 Draft Picks As Of 11/17/18

234 posts in this topic

That website has us projected to pick 5th and again at 8th. It has us with taking Center Jaxson Hayes 5th and SF Keldon Johnson 8th. Has Center Bol Bol going 15th to the Hornets. 

Would you be down with that assuming we ended up picking 5th and 8th and couldn't move up or down? If not those players, what would you prefer? 

57 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

That website has us projected to pick 5th and again at 8th. It has us with taking Center Jaxson Hayes 5th and SF Keldon Johnson 8th. Has Center Bol Bol going 15th to the Hornets. 

Would you be down with that assuming we ended up picking 5th and 8th and couldn't move up or down? If not those players, what would you prefer? 

If we can't get one of the Dukies I wouldn't mind Jaxson Hayes and DeAndre Hunter.

2 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

I like RJ, too, but we will almost certainly need a top 2 pick for him.

I know man just hoping!!

6 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Really liking RJ here with Trae, JC and Kevin.  Dude is an assassin with the ball!

Zion or RJ and I am a happy man. Need some luck with ping pong balls though

Drew4719 and blkbigdog35 like this

8 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Zion or RJ and I am a happy man. Need some luck with ping pong balls though

No doubt man both are superstars 

tl;dr likes this

We need to use those 2 picks to trade up into top 3 to get one of the Dukies, pretty obvious to me Reddish is the most likely option. Dudes an assasin with a lot of room to grow so I would be **** happy with that

Macknsweetjones likes this

On 2/28/2019 at 6:50 PM, blkbigdog35 said:

FFS1970 mentioned this kid in a previous post so I have been researching him as well as checking him out during Virginia games and this kid would be a perfect fit for our Hawks. 

DeAndre Hunter NBA Draft Scouting Report

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/deandre-hunter.html?m=1

Yeah man I like Hunter. That's the first pick if we can't get the ping pong ball to fall for the Dukies. For that second pick I'm thinking we should go Darius Garland who would be an excellent back up point guard for Trae. Hopefully we can take care of the 5 spot in free agency. Vooch would be my choice there.

Drew4719 and blkbigdog35 like this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah man I like Hunter. That's the first pick if we can't get the ping pong ball to fall for the Dukies. Fort that second pick I'm thinking we should go Darius Garland who would be an excellent back up point guard for Trae. Hopefully we can take care of the 5 spot in free agency. Vooch would be my choice there.

Garland would be nice to add.  I didn’t know Vooch was going to be a free agent this summer?  He’s a fan favorite with the Magic!

13 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Garland would be nice to add.  I didn’t know Vooch was going to be a free agent this summer?  He’s a fan favorite with the Magic!

Yeah man Vooch is a beast. Big frame at 7'0" 260lbs with an inside and outside game. His 39% from three range would be tied with Huerter on our squad. Decent shot blocker. Still fairly young at 28 years old. I'd definitely go hard after him.

blkbigdog35 and Drew4719 like this

16 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah man I like Hunter. That's the first pick if we can't get the ping pong ball to fall for the Dukies. For that second pick I'm thinking we should go Darius Garland who would be an excellent back up point guard for Trae. Hopefully we can take care of the 5 spot in free agency. Vooch would be my choice there.

Wtf, why are you wanting a backup with a top 7 pick? We are going for big time players man, these guys will have more talent than anyone other than Trae Young on our squad and you want to go for a backup? We got lucky with JC and nailed the #3 draft position last year. We need to nail these 2 picks also and then we will have a ****** squad.

13 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Wtf, why are you wanting a backup with a top 7 pick? We are going for big time players man, these guys will have more talent than anyone other than Trae Young on our squad and you want to go for a backup? We got lucky with JC and nailed the #3 draft position last year. We need to nail these 2 picks also and then we will have a ****** squad.

Unless we land one of the Dukies, one of those first round picks will likely be a back up. Especially if we add a free agent center like Vooch. Even if we just re-sign Dedmon we're probably looking at a starting five of:

• PG - Trae
  • SG - Huerter
  • SF - Draft Pick (Hunter or Little)
  • PF - Collins
  • C - Dedmon or Free Agent (Vooch)

Don't be shocked if both first round picks are back ups if Prince can get his head screwed back on. Maybe a SG pick can unseat Huerter, but probably not if he has the year two leap we should expect. Keep in mind we could still lose the DAL pick if they keep tanking, or luck up on a Top 5 ping pong ball.

Drew4719 likes this

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Unless we land one of the Dukies, one of those first round picks will likely be a back up. Especially if we add a free agent center like Vooch. Even if we just re-sign Dedmon we're probably looking at a starting five of:

• PG - Trae
  • SG - Huerter
  • SF - Draft Pick (Hunter or Little)
  • PF - Collins
  • C - Dedmon or Free Agent (Vooch)

Don't be shocked if both first round picks are back ups if Prince can get his head screwed back on. Maybe a SG pick can unseat Huerter, but probably not if he has the year two leap we should expect. Keep in mind we could still lose the DAL pick if they keep tanking, or luck up on a Top 5 ping pong ball.

I'd be very shocked if both picks were not starters, all those players need to take a backseat or leave the building. You are basically saying you are cool with the squad we have starting..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA And the whole Vooch thing is very doubtful

Edited by TRUju2111

1 hour ago, TRUju2111 said:

I'd be very shocked if both picks were not starters, all those players need to take a backseat or leave the building. You are basically saying you are cool with the squad we have starting..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA And the whole Vooch thing is very doubtful

Outside of the top two Dukies and Morant, the rest of those guys will struggle to unseat a pro in year one. This draft ain't really loaded outside of the Top 3. You better be hoping and praying for some ping pong ball magic. Just look at this year's draft. Outside of the top 5 not a ton of full time starters. Only Ayton, Luka and Trae were really lighting up the scoreboard. Vooch is definitely a possibility. We'll have $25-50M in cap space and could throw a max deal at him. ORL has his Bird Rights but they might not want to match. They are hurting for cap space and might not want to go that deep. We'll see.

jayu70 and Drew4719 like this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Outside of the top two Dukies and Morant, the rest of those guys will struggle to unseat a pro in year one. This draft ain't really loaded outside of the Top 3. You better be hoping and praying for some ping pong ball magic. Just look at this year's draft. Outside of the top 5 not a ton of full time starters. Only Ayton, Luka and Trae were really lighting up the scoreboard. Vooch is definitely a possibility. We'll have $25-50M in cap space and could throw a max deal at him. ORL has his Bird Rights but they might not want to match. They are hurting for cap space and might want to go that deep. We'll see.

Vooch and Len would be a nice scoring combo

Posted (edited)

I would trade Taurean. He was able to see Pierce’s vision while he was on the mend, but I’m not sold on his fitting in. If you think you can build around Trae/Collins, you need better defense than even what a focused Prince can bring at SF.

But that all depends, if you feel like you can develop Reddish, you probably either have to keep Taurean, or go grab a veteran at SF to start. Forgive me for not buying into the idea that being at Duke is suppressing his real game, while I won’t go off if he’s the pick, there’s very real red flags here. Low motor and name me the player that succeeded with his shooting percentages in the NBA? He’s further away than what Trae Young was.

The question if whether you believe in Reddish or not is incredibly interesting, and I honestly right now would lean towards Schlenk not seeing through that.

I’d say the 19/20 starting lineup, at least to start is easy to envision:

If you buy into being able to develop Reddish:

Young/Huerter/Prince or veteran SF/Collins/either Dedmon gets resigned or another veteran C

If you don’t buy into being able to develop Reddish:

Young/Huerter/Hunter/Collins/either Dedmon gets resigned or another veteran C

I’m pretty confident that if they decide to NOT buy Reddish, that Hunter will very likely be picked unless Barrett is available or the Hawks actually draw #1. I’m good with it. While he might not have a sky-high ceiling, he has a very nice overall game. Besides that, I think it’s very possible they double up on wings early, as long as the Dallas pick conveys, and guys that are possible in this case are Jarrett Culver and Nickeil-Alexander Walker (wouldn’t be surprised if he got picked with the Hawks pick, then Hunter with the Mavs pick, depending). Then I would trade Prince for a lower pick and possibly pick either Jontay Porter or an upside type big like Charles Bassey.

ETA: To add on, just because that's the starting lineup, doesn't mean that the season will end with all of them starting. While I feel like you can learn by being on the court, for some players its going to be too much, too fast for them to be starting IMMEDIATELY.

Edited by VoiceofReason95

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah man Vooch is a beast. Big frame at 7'0" 260lbs with an inside and outside game. His 39% from three range would be tied with Huerter on our squad. Decent shot blocker. Still fairly young at 28 years old. I'd definitely go hard after him.

Yeah it would be awesome.  Dedmon has been serviceable and Len has shown flashes but we need consistency at the 5.  

30 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

I would trade Taurean. He was able to see Pierce’s vision while he was on the mend, but I’m not sold on his fitting in. If you think you can build around Trae/Collins, you need better defense than even what a focused Prince can bring at SF.

But that all depends, if you feel like you can develop Reddish, you probably either have to keep Taurean, or go grab a veteran at SF to start. Forgive me for not buying into the idea that being at Duke is suppressing his real game, while I won’t go off if he’s the pick, there’s very real red flags here. Low motor and name me the player that succeeded with his shooting percentages in the NBA? He’s further away than what Trae Young was.

The question if whether you believe in Reddish or not is incredibly interesting, and I honestly right now would lean towards Schlenk not seeing through that.

I’d say the 19/20 starting lineup, at least to start is easy to envision:

If you buy into being able to develop Reddish:

Young/Huerter/Prince or veteran SF/Collins/either Dedmon gets resigned or another veteran C

If you don’t buy into being able to develop Reddish:

Young/Huerter/Hunter/Collins/either Dedmon gets resigned or another veteran C

I’m pretty confident that if they decide to NOT buy Reddish, that Hunter will very likely be picked unless Barrett is available or the Hawks actually draw #1. I’m good with it. While he might not have a sky-high ceiling, he has a very nice overall game. Besides that, I think it’s very possible they double up on wings early, as long as the Dallas pick conveys, and guys that are possible in this case are Jarrett Culver and Nickeil-Alexander Walker (wouldn’t be surprised if he got picked with the Hawks pick, then Hunter with the Mavs pick, depending). Then I would trade Prince for a lower pick and possibly pick either Jontay Porter or an upside type big like Charles Bassey.

ETA: To add on, just because that's the starting lineup, doesn't mean that the season will end with all of them starting. While I feel like you can learn by being on the court, for some players its going to be too much, too fast for them to be starting IMMEDIATELY.

I agree on Reddish and my preference would be Zion or RJ.  If we aren’t able to fall 1or 2 then best player available.

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

If we get rid of Baze this offseason, we are going to have a ton of cap room...

It would greatly surprise me if Bazemore wasn't an Atlanta Hawk in 19/20. The option is a player option, he loves Atlanta so I don't think he'll decline it or be willing to work something out, and he's not tradeable. It's unfortunate but I think he'll be on the team and would be a little surprised if Prince was as the need is not great to stretch him. At least unless there's injuries, he won't be starting. 

Although now that I remembered that Schlenk doesn't want more picks, I wonder if there's any ability to work out a trade for a young veteran that is interesting involving Prince. I'm drawing a blank outside of Beal to be honest though, the guy that I really want that is a young veteran will be a RFA after this season (Malcolm Brogdon). Ingram would count, but I'm not too too interested in him. 

I also remembered that it was already said that the Hawks like Reddish, so I might have to cross my fingers that they can work with him.